Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which makes the board decision crucial. do they back Jose, and Jose will demand 100% backing nothing less, or do you continue to let the scouts pick players that dictate a certain style of football.

Do we go all in with Jose's favourite ploy of big money proven winners, or someone who can manage a young exciting team coherently and build something that Poch couldn't.

Put it like this. If Jose gets 3 players, do you expect that to make a massive amount of difference when you consider we could do with that many defenders, midfielders or strikers alone?

Possibly another three players plus all of our injured ones recovering then yes
But I’d stick with him for another season whatever

The PL matches are suspended now for at least 3 weeks, I think it will be more. This should count as a preseason training and preparations for the new manager. Jose now has enough time to organise the team, he has the advantage of main injured players likes of Kane, Berg, Sony and Mousa to be back in the next few weeks and no more excuses. Out of cup competitions and all the energy to get top 4.

Yes treat it like pre season they normally have 3 weeks before flying off for friendlies. No need to work on fitness as they should be match fit majority of the squad. Sissoko and davies already back training sonny starts Monday so just Kane. Think Bergwign is out already .lets see what he can do in this extender time off periods hopefully drill in tactical intelligence and style of play. Not sure why he originally mentioned he couldn’t wait for 1st July as a lot of players would still be in the euros and would then have a break. This is the opportunity for him to work the squad as he wants with the players he said when he joined as being a great squad. No more excuses.

Great leaders and managers show their value in adversity. It’s really difficult to say what Mourinho has brought that is positive or valuable since our injuries hit.

When Poch had no Kane, Son and Dele, he was astute enough and responsive enough to use the likes of GKN and Llorente and change our system. People forget that we ground out some crucial results in that period, both in the league and CL.

Redknapp inherited a shambles but got results with what he had. Sherwood and even fucking Gross found ways to get results (OK that was more Sugar signing Klinsmann).

I want Jose to be successful. I want to believe that he can put together a successful coaching team and full back room staff. But what is he going to bring himself? He can’t even bring some vague degree of discipline or control to our defence. Chris Hughton did a better job of that at Brighton. With their shite players.

What can we buy into right now? The only positive I can see in him vs e.g. Arteta is that our manager hasn’t got C-19... although perhaps 14 days in isolation would be a blessing for the squad.

In persisting with Joséfication Spurs are the architects of their own downfall | Jonathan Wilson
4998.jpg

Back
Top Bottom