Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, but the point is it is time to deliver. The training ground, the stadium was all necessary and people understand that, but now it is time to put the same effort into the squad. If we do that then everyone is happy, not just Kane.

Is Kane not someone who has to deliver?

Cometh the hour and all that.

Carpe Diem.

Kane never done it for us when it absolutely matters most.

This. I can't see clubs dropping huge sums on players for quite a long time. Aside from players falling out of contract I think squads are going to be static.

Not sure, football has been shown to be more or less entirely resistant to sustained financial crisis in the very recent past. I think it's more likely the market slows rather than becomes static. We'll see I suppose.

Is Kane not someone who has to deliver?

Cometh the hour and all that.

Carpe Diem.

Kane never done it for us when it absolutely matters most.
How many derby goals against The Scum has Kane scored? Also, he played for 90 minutes in only one knockout game (apart from the Final) in the Champions League last year, and he scored a goal in that game. Countless goals against Man United, Liverpool, against teams in the dying minutes of the game. Goals against Barca, PSV. But yes, sure, he's never been there when we needed him most, because he didn't score in that cursed final.

How many derby goals against The Scum has Kane scored? Also, he played for 90 minutes in only one knockout game (apart from the Final) in the Champions League last year, and he scored a goal in that game. Countless goals against Man United, Liverpool, against teams in the dying minutes of the game. Goals against Barca, PSV. But yes, sure, he's never been there when we needed him most, because he didn't score in that cursed final.

Nope, a few key games.

I am talking the games that take you to finals, the games that are the DIFFERENCE. Leicester season for example and more.

My criticism of Kane and other players who do as he is saying is they too often forget they are the very players who should be that player. The deliverer of the goodies.

These players are the so called icing on the cake. Kane has had 3 or 4 years where he has been supported by real quality.

I have made my point re: Drogba, Messi and Ronaldo for example. You can add if you want, the nearly incomparable Brazilian Ronaldo and a few others but my point is clear.

Kane has had chances to show he can lead us to glory. We still wait. He cannot be conveniently absolved from that in my opinion.

Whatever argument you come with or which other player you compare Kane with, the fact of the matter is selling Kane is a massive massive lose to the club words can not describe. It's nothing like losing Bale, Berbatov, Modric, Carrick or the likes. And that is the bottom line.

The second part if Kane decides to leave, I do not trust Daniel Levy will buy the right replacement based on previous history, when Bale was sold is the latest still fresh in memory.

Kane is 26 yo, he can give be patient for another 2 seasons and leave at 28 and still at his prime. I think his latest statement is a clear message to DL to act or else.

Who is your favourite Spurs player and why?

I am not a child. Such banal nonsense. Favourite player tripe.

I am a Spurs fan. Nearly any player who puts on a Spurs shirt is a favourite player.

Players I have liked are too numerous to mention obviously.

The most graceful - Hoddle, Modric and Berbatov

Best strikers - Kane, Sheringham, Berbatov, Keane and Klinsmann.

Defenders - Mabbutt, Vertonghen and King the best of all.

Full backs - Carr, Walker, Ziege.

Goalkeepers. Struggle here. Never thought we have had one that wins us games.

Single biggest game changers. Gascoigne, Bale and Ginola.

Last edited:
Kane has basically said the same thing every time he has been asked this question. He wants to stay at Spurs but he wants to win trophies - that he loves the club but he's ambitious and you only have one career. I don't think there is any news here.

In any case, his form as slumped (relatively) since his injury against Millwall in March 2018, primarily because he ran himself into the ground rushing back. He's going to have a 5 month layoff this year, at a minimum, when this is all said and done. I really hope we get to see 2017 Kane again next season.

The scousers hate him even more now, excellent.
Holy shit, they really are.

Tragic fucks are doing their usual petty nonsense - rather than discuss the topic at hand they're mentioning things like Kane getting that goal over Eriksen and swearing on his daughter's life that he had touched it...

... something the goals panel actually agreed with but never mind that inconvenient truth.

He's still a significantly better forward than all the others we have and that includes Son. Kane is intelligent and has more to his game than just goals. Son is a greedy can't who rarely passes and you can tell his team mates get the hump when he wastes a chance they could have done better with.

Oh god... what else are you going to say? That Kane has natural "leadership" qualities and an unrivaled "presence." Lets be real, Sonny has been the better and more important player over the past two seasons. Just look at the stats/results when Spurs have played without Kane but with Sonny starting.

Since the Start of 2018/2019 Season (From: Aug 2018 Onwards)
*Includes ALL Matches/Competitions with Kane out due to injury AND Sonny starting the game/not getting a red card*

Champions League

Dortmund (Round of 16) - Win/Advance - GOAL
Man City (Quarter Finals) - Win/Advance - GOAL x3
Ajax (Semi Finals) - Win/Advance
*4 GOALS IN 4 APPS

EPL

9 Wins
3 Losses
1 Draw
*8 GOALS IN 13 APPS

FA Cup

Middlesbrough - Win/Advance
Southampton - Win/Advance - GOAL x2
*2 GOALS IN 4 APPS

SONNY'S TOTALS = 21 APPS / 14 GOALS (13 FROM OPEN PLAY)

WE HAVE BEEN BETTER WITHOUT KANE AND THAT IS A FACT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom