Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the basis of what I've seen so far Petit is spot on.

If we could get on or near our outlay on him this summer I would take it. That's not likely so I would persevere for a season. Can't let him go for peanuts.

If we can get our money back, or close to it, let him go. I don't see any sign that he has the character to succeed in English football.

I understand why we signed him, Poch wanted someone who could dribble like Dembele, but he doesn't have the agression or physical qualities to succeed him. He needs to completely change his approach to life and work if he is going to repay the faith we have put in him. For a club like us to spend £65m on a player from Ligue 1 was a massive risk and it seems like we may end up looking foolish.

If we can get our money back, or close to it, let him go. I don't see any sign that he has the character to succeed in English football.

I understand why we signed him, Poch wanted someone who could dribble like Dembele, but he doesn't have the agression or physical qualities to succeed him. He needs to completely change his approach to life and work if he is going to repay the faith we have put in him. For a club like us to spend £65m on a player from Ligue 1 was a massive risk and it seems like we may end up looking foolish.

Wary of the Occam's razor approach but I think we should think very carefully before buying players from Ligue 1 again, especially with such a high price tag. We've had our fingers burned a few times now. I don't think the league prepares you well for the intensity of football over here, where every game is hard fought.

Like we will get what we paid for Ndombele back if we sell him, what planet do people live on? What is the upside for any team paying 60 million for a fat lazy cunt like Ndombele? Would have been impossible at the best of times, coupled with the huge losses in revenue and a fan base with less disposal income on the other side of the pandemic we'd be lucky to get 15 million euros.

I think we all agree the talent is there. The fitness has been abysmal injuries may or may not have had a significant effect on this. This enforced break should tell the doubters everything they need to know. If he comes back, competes a mini pre season and is as fit as the rest of the squad then fair play to him.

I dont think it is. I think its an fundamental attitude (to an energetic playing style) and desire problem. (and I say this carefully given the 'lazy' tropes that can be aimed at black plack players.) I said it early on, and i havent changed my mind. When JM threw him under the bus early on you either accept theres a massive problem with him or that the most successful manager of the last 15 years doesnt know what he's looking at. I say sell him, for whatever we can get. I doubt he can ever come good in this league. Keeping him is just too big a gamble for our club.

was he really fat before? I have seen him in training and he doesn’t appear to be fat? Where are you getting this from?

Him blowing out his arse during the warm up. Perhaps unfit is a better word.

Feel free to argue semantics if you like, but our most talented midfielder has problems. Problems which I'm worried will compound in the shutdown.

Yeah, if spurs sell nomdbele already and bring in a Mourinho type of midfielder and play hoofball for two more seasons with the dressing room continually getting worse, I may finally stop watching until levy and Enic leave.

Can't wait for us to sell Ndombele, Kane fucks off, Dele follows him. Vertonghen retires. Alderweireld and Lloris continue to decline. Dier refuses to sign a new deal because the club is a shambles and Mourinho continues to take a pay cheque.

Can't wait for us to sell Ndombele, Kane fucks off, Dele follows him. Vertonghen retires. Alderweireld and Lloris continue to decline. Dier refuses to sign a new deal because the club is a shambles and Mourinho continues to take a pay cheque.
In the end Ndombele was the glue that held this club together. He will be missed for everything he has done for this club.

Back
Top Bottom