Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dang, most valuable club in the league and still got people thinking we can’t afford high level players, Levy is living his best life right now.

The thing is, the best part of £1.5bn of that is the stadium, surrounding land and property, the training ground and the hotel. Doesn't directly translate to transfer fees and wages. Then a theoretical £200m worth of Harry Kane probably.

Saying that, we should be spending in line with having the ~5th highest income in the league and I'm not sure we have been, as you suggest.

Edit: presumably the value excludes the stadium debt, otherwise it'd be much lower.

The thing is, the best part of £1.5bn of that is the stadium, surrounding land and property, the training ground and the hotel. Doesn't directly translate to transfer fees and wages. Then a theoretical £200m worth of Harry Kane probably.

Saying that, we should be spending in line with having the ~5th highest income in the league and I'm not sure we have been, as you suggest.

Edit: presumably the value excludes the stadium debt, otherwise it'd be much lower.
But also tbf for all the other clubs there stadium value , surrounding land and training ground is also included.
I do agree our stadium and etc.. is higher value that any other team BUT take away all those values and we'll still be up there.

Its staggering the lengths some of these guys will go to to get Levy off the hook.

It's like they're in some kind trance

"look into my eyes. look into my eyes and repeat.......Jose did not want a striker in January.........Jose did not want a striker in January

giphy.gif
That's not Daniel Levy...........................................................is it?????

:allitongue:

I find your hyperbole and your tactics of deflection extremely transparent.
Great choice of words by you stevee because no one else can see them. A better choice would have been illusory because they don't really exist except in your mind.

I have given you the respect and courtesy of answering them all.
No, stevee you haven't. You gone back time and again with you same "but the LOB have done it" to avoid questions when they have gotten extremely inconvenient to your Spurs' world view.

Therefore, until you answer the one question I asked you, I will not be answering any of yours.
Convenient that. Now this is what you were looking for, wasn't it? The perceived moral high ground escape when things were getting shaky down below. Nice.

I will ask you again, for the 3rd time :

These "pallets of cash" (hyperbole), where are they?
And I answer for a 3rd time, no one has made a claim to there being "pallets of cash" stevee. It was a just a MacGuffin, a setup. Is uncle Joe manufacturing 'Covid-fresh' stevee? Why aren't you asking about that? You come off as humorless stevee. Do you go around asking folks to show you the "man from Nantucket"? Do you doubt that a "priest and a rabbi" would enter a bar together? I know that you are on the "there is no money" detail but there's nothing to see here and less to answer for. Maybe you should ask pipes to help you better understand. He seems to have run off.

No, stevee you haven't. You gone back time and again with you same "but the LOB have done it" to avoid questions when they have gotten extremely inconvenient to your Spurs' world view.

This is me not answering your questions. I could provide my other post where I also answered your questions, but really can't be arsed to find it.

Ok there's a lot here so if I miss some forgive me.

Our relegation form made it obvious that we needed a rebuild, especially as we spent nothing the year previously.
I wouldn't say it was inspired spending but nor would I say it was desperation. We definitely spent in the wrong areas IMO. Who that was down to is a matter of opinion, in my view the blame has to spread evenly.

CE was still here because Poch wanted him, Levy listened to what Poch wanted and did everything he possibly could until the last possib;e moment to keep him.

There were many here that shouldn't of been. Average players that are/were hard to shift on.

And you accuse me of not listening............. Oh well, never mind.

Great choice of words by you stevee because no one else can see them. A better choice would have been illusory because they don't really exist except in your mind.

The only thing on here that is "illusory", a better phrase would be self delusional, is your claim not to belong to any "sub-group" of Spurs supporters.

Your fake persona of being alone/away from the crowd/not part of the LOB is laughable.
You are like a teenager that claims to be "different" from everyone else. But, like all teenagers, you're not.
All your posts point to wanting Levy out but you're not part of the LOB.
Righto.

You will probably try to claim this as a moral victory or say that I'm unwilling or unable to debate. In this post I've demonstrably proven that I have answered your questions. Something you said I didn't do.
So either, you were lying, or you are so absorbed in your own desperate need to be right, that you are unable to process what someone else is saying.

I'm done.

Jesus stevee. All of that from a few questions. In retrospect I am glad you didn't answer them all. Imagine what would have come of you had all the pillars of you ENIC love fallen at once.

This is me not answering your questions. I could provide my other post where I also answered your questions, but really can't be arsed to find it.
And for the record, answering 'a' or 'a couple' questions is not the same as answering someone's questions/debating in good faith. And I will not claim 'moral victory' for anything...that is something for those looking to salvage whatever piece of dignity they can find after getting their asses handed to them. Fortunately I don't need to do that in this instance. You, on the other hand, have made multiple attempts at saving some face. The pathetic 'pallets of cash' canard being only one of them.

You will probably try to claim this as a moral victory or say that I'm unwilling or unable to debate. In this post I've demonstrably proven that I have answered your questions. Something you said I didn't do.
So either, you were lying, or you are so absorbed in your own desperate need to be right, that you are unable to process what someone else is saying.
Lashing out, wild accusations, personal attacks, rushing off in a huff because things didn't go the way you intended...I don't have to claim anything about your debating willingness or ability stevee. It's there for all to see in its many-splendored glory.

I'm done.
You were before you started but just didn't know it.

And finally,
All your posts point to wanting Levy out but you're not part of the LOB.
Righto.
Judge people on their own merits stevee...because pre-judging them can get quite hairy in life. Perhaps your mind can only work in the 'criticism = bad/Levy out versus mindless affirmation = Levy in' but I live in a far more complex world. As pipes would/will tell you (if he hadn't conveniently run off) I don't want Levy out and have expressed that on these very pages...but I completely understand JT, scott, mourathat, etc in their complaints. Where we differ is the solution. Perhaps I am not as bold in solution as they are but i feel it could be a lot worse (morally, because they've got a hell of a point sporting wise). And I'd have a very difficult time celebrating sporting victory when the chairman/owners were human sex traffickers or otherwise.*

*go ahead stevee, ask me about proving ENIC were HSTs...and if that is how they got the 'pallets o' cash'...and then repeat for multiple posts while completely missing the point...and be self-righteously indignant about it while you're at it...as if you were on to something that would prove you 'right' in the end.

I’ve not ran off. I’m just fucking bored of this shite. And I’ve frankly got better things to be doing, even in a lockdown.

Plus todd1882 todd1882 , you do have a tendency towards verbosity. It would take hours from me to engage properly with you and I just can’t be arsed.

In addition, I’ve now got a few on ignore that continue to post lies and shite, so there’s little for me to see on this thread now, mainly except for stevee stevee being a stand up guy. I’ll be on other threads though, so you’ll see I’ve not run off completely.

stevee stevee - pallets of cash was a joke. todd1882 todd1882 doesnt believe there’s pallets of cash, he made that up to set up a joke. Which I know you know, but for the benefit of others who must want to self harm reading these exchanges.

He’s since described it as a MacGuffin, amongst other things. Just say it was a joke and we could have all moved on.

Simple is almost always better. Do you go for a shite, or an Armitage Shanks Defecation Interface?

Plus todd1882 todd1882 @todd1882 , you do have a tendency towards verbosity. It would take hours from me to engage properly with you and I just can’t be arsed.
Not really. 'Yes' and 'no' are simple.

so there’s little for me to see on this thread now, mainly except for stevee stevee @stevee being a stand up guy.
You saw that? I didn't see a lot of good faith interaction coming from stevee once the going got tough.

stevee stevee @stevee - pallets of cash was a joke. todd1882 todd1882 @todd1882 doesnt believe there’s pallets of cash, he made that up to set up a joke.
Hmmmm...

Not really. 'Yes' and 'no' are simple.

You saw that? I didn't see a lot of good faith interaction coming from stevee once the going got tough.

Hmmmm...
The going shouldn’t get tough. It’s a football forum for fans of the same team. Why would you want to give anyone a hard time, by making the going tough?

Just the same folk arguing the same points over and over again. I’d rather not bother. So probably shouldn’t have even posted this....

The going shouldn’t get tough. It’s a football forum for fans of the same team. Why would you want to give anyone a hard time, by making the going tough?
'tough' in reference to toeing the company line not just giving someone a hard time ie challenging someone beliefs my friend.

Just the same folk arguing the same points over and over again. I’d rather not bother. So probably shouldn’t have even posted this....
I debate in good faith so when I confront similar there is always the possibility of conclusion/resolution etc. But I've rarely confronted similar.

Back
Top Bottom