Norwich friendly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird that Sanchez was in zero training photos yet played a good part of 90 minutes in this one.

I mean it's great - just weird. I wonder why.

So? It means nothing. People ( not actually on here ) are going crazy about us “losing” a fitness match.

just don’t get it myself
Maybe your'e right. Although the people saying it means nothing would probably be jizzing all over the place if we'd won convincingly.

Something else we should remember, apart from the fact we have two tricky games in a four-day period. In the new rules, teams have 5 substitutions, so it makes sense to get as many people playing as possible, as we (and other teams presumably) will be needing them.

I reckon a lot of how this all plays out, for the whole league I mean, will depend on how well managers and coaches manage their resources in this regard

Something else we should remember, apart from the fact we have two tricky games in a four-day period. In the new rules, teams have 5 substitutions, so it makes sense to get as many people playing as possible, as we (and other teams presumably) will be needing them.

I reckon a lot of how this all plays out, for the whole league I mean, will depend on how well managers and coaches manage their resources in this regard

Indeed.... Reacting to the oppo's subs will be pivotal too.

Harry Kane, Moussa Sissoko, Heung-Min Son and Steven Bergwijn - all injured when the country went into lockdown to combat the coronavirus in March - were all back in action.

The session was divided into four quarters of 30 minutes.

We made a number of changes for the third quarter, including the return of Son and Sissoko. Dele went close twice and Hugo Lloris saved well from Jamal Lewis. Youngsters Harvey White, Dennis Cirkin and George Marsh were introduced during the final quarter and Norwich struck twice in the final 10 minutes through Josip Drmic and a fine free-kick from Mario Vrancic.

Jose Mourinho will now work with the players at Hotspur Way this week before the long-awaited return of the Premier League and a huge game at home against Manchester United on Friday week, 19 June

Norwich must have a squad with more depth than ours if their reserves won the last quarter against our second string :mourweird:

Maybe their approach to the game was less experimental than ours?

Dunno.... Just spit-balling.

Back
Top Bottom