Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's definitely good enough for us, we'd be up shit creek if we didn't have him. We should be praying he stays with us for the rest of his career tbh.

I have not at any point said he is not good enough for us. That would be a nonsense.

What I am saying is that his reputation is greater then his output has been for the last year in my opinion.

Whether that is a downward trajectory that can be arrested is unknown at present.

He and more importantly we could benefit from competition for his place.

I have not at any point said he is not good enough for us. That would be a nonsense.

What I am saying is that his reputation is greater then his output has been for the last year in my opinion.

Whether that is a downward trajectory that can be arrested is unknown at present.

He and more importantly we could benefit from competition for his place.
I don't think we could find some one brave enough, good enough and affordable to provide that competition.

There’s a difference between being fit and being in peak condition. Obviously Kane is nowhere near peak condition, it’s impossible for him to be. He has had about 3 weeks of real training in the last 6 months.

Kane's form pre-covid/injury was that of an above average striker (nothing more) and it's apparent that he's far from the form he was just in. We've been making excuses for Kane for the past 2+ years. If we want to keep losing games and not improve, play Kane a full 90 otherwise sit him on the bench and bring him on as a supersub in the last 20-30 minutes of the game against tired defenders. We need results immediately otherwise we can forget CL football.

Been saying kane will never be the same, for 2 years now.

All I got was flak.

But it's the truth.

He needs to regain match sharpness, yes, but he still won't be the same lethal threat we used to have steaming in from the hole, tearing past players and ripping a thriller into the back of the net.

That's gone.

And still, we won't bring in proper back-up.

So *shrug*

He's definitely good enough for us, we'd be up shit creek if we didn't have him. We should be praying he stays with us for the rest of his career tbh.
Of course he is more than good enough for us. But at some point he needs benching when hes not ready. It would help him and us more if he started off the bench for us for a few games until he is ready to 'run around a bit' more.

Of course he is more than good enough for us. But at some point he needs benching when hes not ready. It would help him and us more if he started off the bench for us for a few games until he is ready to 'run around a bit' more.
There is no one to take his place though.

Been saying kane will never be the same, for 2 years now.

All I got was flak.

But it's the truth.

He needs to regain match sharpness, yes, but he still won't be the same lethal threat we used to have steaming in from the hole, tearing past players and ripping a thriller into the back of the net.

That's gone.

And still, we won't bring in proper back-up.

So *shrug*
At this stage, we don't need a back-up. We need someone to rotate with him, because he isn't good enough to automatically start every game when he's not fully fit or in form.

I think most would say Greaves was above average. His league goals per game was .692.
Shearer was above average. His was .506
Aguero again some would say was above average .690
Harry is .677

Of course but would you trust Levy's word.

00HOWTOSAYNOart-superJumbo.gif

Last edited:
You're on a Spurs forum because you're a Son fan boy. Deny it. If you have the gall. Otherwise, please leave the actual THFC fans alone.

I was replying to a poster who claimed that Kane converts 9/10 if the ball is at his feet. So the automatic assumption is that he's talking about Kane's penalties and tap-ins. 9/10 for penalties and tap-ins alone would be ridiculous but to suggest that he's 9/10 from anywhere near the goal is ridiculous wouldn't you say? If the poster was talking about Kane of 3-4 years ago, then maybe he could get away with some playful exaggeration but he's talking about today's Kane... the way Kane fans rate Kane vs his actual current form is about as far off from reality as today's stock market is from the real economy.

I was replying to a poster who claimed that Kane converts 9/10 if the ball is at his feet. So the automatic assumption is that he's talking about Kane's penalties and tap-ins. 9/10 for penalties and tap-ins alone would be ridiculous but to suggest that he's 9/10 from anywhere near the goal is ridiculous wouldn't you say? If the poster was talking about Kane of 3-4 years ago, then maybe he could get away with some playful exaggeration but he's talking about today's Kane... the way Kane fans rate Kane vs his actual current form is about as far off from reality as today's stock market is from the real economy.

Fuck off you transparent, bitter little fanboy/girl....

You can't comprehend that the people here are SPURS fans, not "Kane fans" (as you constantly refer to us all)... Why? Cos you're a Son fan; not SPURS fan.

Back
Top Bottom