Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose inherited a team that was unbalanced and in free fall.(no away league win in 9 months)
Up until Harry got injured we were well in the race for champions league football.
Name me any club that can continue winning games without a centre forward.
Some of our so called fans are fucking clueless.
We've lost Kane to injury EVERY season and we've coped, we even got to a CL final without him. You need to get yourself down to the doctor's promo mate, memory loss is a symptom of some serious underlying health issues.

Yet both teams are ahead of us, Leicester by a long way and Wolves played us off the park. And Utd also playing us off the park at their place and played the more attractive brand of football on Friday with a rookie manager at the wheel!! It's not like Jose inherited a team that finished fourth and got to a CL final, Oh crap, he did!

Why defend him? On what grounds?

You posted a league table from Jan 1st. Fuck knows what you were trying to demonstrate but all I could see from your table was a bunch of teams with similar points with only Liverpool outstanding and City behind them. So what's your point????

Mourinho inherited a team that finished 4th and got to the CL final:mourlmao::pochlol:

Never said different.

Just that we want to ensure we don't just buy players towards end of career - but as Mourhino's in favour of a DOF, if we get one (and DL prefers them) that shouldn't happen
If this is true what are we waiting for? Not Campos, I don't believe the link to him is a serious one.

A team 4 points off 5th. Do you want me to pick the individual loses with Jose?...............nah fuck it, there are just far too many, I don't have the time today.

But I take it you think he's done a fantastic job for us?

We are still 4 points off 5th :mourglasses::mourloopy:

We are still 4 points off 5th :mourglasses::mourloopy:
Yes!! I've acknowledged that!! That's the point!!

SO when people say it was the right time for Poch to be sacked but then defend Jose for EXACTLY the same fucking record it kinda makes me laugh, no? I mean when you change managers the point of doing that is to turn the ship around, HE HASN'T. His overall record with us is far worse across all comps. AND the football is fucking tragic.

Never said different.

Just that we want to ensure we don't just buy players towards end of career - but as Mourhino's in favour of a DOF, if we get one (and DL prefers them) that shouldn't happen

If money is as tight as the rumours say it is then free transfers are where we will be concentrating and tbh most free transfers are older players towards the end of their careers. If this is all Levy is offering to Jose then the manager has no other choice

Mourinho probably knows he won't remain here for more than 1 or 2 more years so he won't mind if we bring in older players that will take no time to settle in and will deliver immediately like Willian for example

You posted a league table from Jan 1st. Fuck knows what you were trying to demonstrate but all I could see from your table was a bunch of teams with similar points with only Liverpool outstanding and City behind them. So what's your point????

Mourinho inherited a team that finished 4th and got to the CL final:mourlmao::pochlol:
Whilst those "other teams" you point to all finished below us.

How do you think it's going right now?

Are you happy with our performances?

So you disagree, fair enough but what you haven't even attempted is to come back with a counterpoint of view. Give me the positives, list them and convince me we are going places.
Change-My-Mind.jpg

Yet both teams are ahead of us, Leicester by a long way and Wolves played us off the park. And Utd also playing us off the park at their place and played the more attractive brand of football on Friday with a rookie manager at the wheel!! It's not like Jose inherited a team that finished fourth and got to a CL final, Oh crap, he did!

Why defend him? On what grounds?

Very difficult to defend him to be honest. That league table of the last 10 matches that you showed could easily have been a lot worse. The 3 games we won were not exactly convincing - a late winner at home to Norwich, a 94th minute winner at Villa and a rather fortunate snatch and grab raid against City.
Let’s see how we do for the rest of the season now he has most players back but Am not convinced he is right for Spurs at all

He was left with one poor right back and an Argentinian that can't tackle without both feet off the ground, also Lloris got injured.

These eejits know he's only been here since fucking November, right?
Why don't you tell us what he has done that has been good. List them and convince those that think otherwise. So far all you've done is tell us "he's a winner" whilst only actually winning 40% of his games.

Last edited:
Yes!! I've acknowledged that!! That's the point!!

SO when people say it was the right time for Poch to be sacked but then defend Jose for EXACTLY the same fucking record it kinda makes me laugh, no? I mean when you change managers the point of doing that is to turn the ship around, HE HASN'T. His overall record with us is far worse across all comps. AND the football is fucking tragic.

I think it's only fair to give a new manager time to build his own team and see how the results are after that. Any manager. I will judge Mourinho at the end of next season, if he is still here of course. I think you are being over critical, irrational and over emotional but we are all different I guess

Whilst those "other teams" you point to all finished below us.

How do you think it's going right now?

Are you happy with our performances?

So you disagree, fair enough but what you haven't even attempted is to come back with a counterpoint of view. Give me the positives, list them and convince me we are going places.
Change-My-Mind.jpg

There is no way I will waste my time trying to change your mind because you are 100% convinced he is the wrong man for the job, you detest his football, you probably cannot stand his personality, seriously I can't be arsed

All I can do is give the man a chance until the chairman decides to sack him and then we roll on to the next guy. I look forward to see who we buy in the summer with fuck all money to spend, im hoping we see some radical changes to the team and start afresh next season.

Look at the state of the league table when he was sacked at Chelsea (2nd spell) and at Man United. His recent record is absolutely abysmal at some of the most expensive squads in world football. It still feels like a nightmare to me. I reckon he'll see this season out then be gone early next season. He has no long term future at this club, the appointment was tragically illogical short term "quick win" for a trophy. But I doubt he will last until the League Cup final next February (if the competition even gets played).

He inherited a team in 14th..... Was losing 3-0 to Brighton sexy football? ....Conceding 7 against BM?

spin.jpg
Still the same squad that, as Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 rightly says, the previous manager somehow dragged to four successive top four finishes and an unprecedented Champions League final!

Not saying this shows up Jose as a poor manager. As we both agreed before.

But it therefore undoubtedly shows what a superhuman effort it was to achieve such a feat with his hands tied up and his scrotum squeezed so tightly by the owners.

Can be no other explanation, my friend.

We were 4 points off 5th! We are STILL 4 points off 5th. If the previous manager was in decline what the fuck does that make the present one?

If you think that a rebuild is required to change the direction of the Club then you need to look long and hard at:
a) Jose's recent record in rebuilding his Clubs, the rebuilding with a near limitless budget at Utd was nothing short of a disaster.
b) Are you seriously holding out for a rebuild given the economy in which we are now supporting in?
c) Jose has said repeatedly since his first press conf he likes and is happy with this squad. The club has repeatedly put out information about the current climate and buying players.
d) There has been a rebuild of sorts, Ndombele, Gedson, Berwjin, Lo Celso, Sessegnon & Clarke in and Rose, Eriksen, Tripps, Wanyama & KWP out.
Exactly let him add a couple then we can judge, if I'm wrong I will seek you out and apologise

A team 4 points off 5th. Do you want me to pick the individual loses with Jose?...............nah fuck it, there are just far too many, I don't have the time today.

But I take it you think he's done a fantastic job for us?

Why not choose to interpret that form table you posted that way then G?

Why?

Because you completely lack objectivity on the subject; opting for negative spin every time.

Have I praised Jose? Nope..... Try harder.

Back
Top Bottom