Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane & Son won't wait for a year (and I can't blame them) Levy got in Jose to win things he can't do that without some one to kill the game in midfield
we need a true DM who see danger and can stop it, winks is a good player but he is not powerfully enough and he doesn't sense where the danger is (that why he runs about a lot) if you sense the danger you are already covering that area

N'Golo Kanté?

There's rumours that Chelsea might let him go but would they let him come to us?

I do agree that Spurs have a lot going for them and that funds will be tight at a lot of places but Levy will always have the thought at the back of his mind that he needs to pay off the stadium debt and he has borrowed extra money already and so I reckon any new manager may be severely hamstrung. The current financial situation may make the disparity between your Man City’s and Chelsea’s etc and the rest even wider as their owners seem to have bottomless pockets and may not be massively affected like everyone else.

It’s only a year though isn’t it. It sounds like the club want to be at the forefront of getting fans back into stadiums. We took out the £175m loan so we could continue to operate in a fairly regular way. I wouldn’t be surprised if we spend money in the next window, but there zero point in acting like you’ve got loads of cash.

I agree on Chelsea and Man City, but they’ve always been financially doped. It’s just our typical luck that we finally get a cash cow in the stadium then can’t use it. Wouldn’t happen to anyone else.

"new man"
spent time out of the game learning at Lille
"Learned from his past mistakes at Man U and Chelsea"

All this was said by him in his first and subsequent early press confs.

Is that it? That's not promising a new style of football. Come on. These guys dont change their core principles, especially if they've been successful.

Is that it? That's not promising a new style of football. Come on. These guys dont change their core principles, especially if they've been successful.
I wasn't expecting him to change, he's delivered exactly what I thought he would. All of what we have seen so far is absolutely not a surprise one bit.
He though was the one running his mouth off saying he’s a changed man.

I wasn't expecting him to change, he's delivered exactly what I thought he would. All of what we have seen so far is absolutely not a surprise one bit.
He though was the one running his mouth off saying he’s a changed man.

Changed man does not mean new style of football. He didn't run his mouth off regarding this

It's clear you detest the guy so il leave it at that. You will simply have to suffer whilst supporting Spurs until the day he leaves

He’s a man completely out of touch with modern day football. This is his last job at a top club in Europe

His tactics have always been pragmatic, but at least they delivered results. We now get a win % of 40% alongside turgid football. There is literally zero for a fan of Jose to cling onto other than his historical record, which is becoming more and more of a distant memory.

The sooner the club realise what a fundamental mistake it was in hiring him, and find a way to move on, the better. There is no better value for money we could get this summer than paying Jose off and getting a progressive manager into the club.

Mourinho and spurs is a terrible partnership

There is no point in Mourinho joining a club unwilling to buy the best players money can buy

And that's not me having a go at Mourinho

It's just a bad fit and we are wasting our time proceeding with this

There is no point in Mourinho joining a club unwilling to buy the best players money can buy

I said that from day 1 he got the job. Never liked him personally, especially when at the Mancs. Old school football. Younger managers have moved on with new ideas and styles. Mourinho ain't !

Against it begs the question of why employ him?
Levy knows all about Jose, and Jose knows all about levy why the pair of them think they can work together is mind boggling.

Against it begs the question of why employ him?
Levy knows all about Jose, and Jose knows all about levy why the pair of them think they can work together is mind boggling.
Levy was in love with the coach Mourinho used to be, and Jose is in love with the last metropolitan based elite club anyone will be daft enough to let him run. He is fighting to salvage his reputation as still relevant and it's the only reason he will work within the constraints Levy sets. In the past he turned it down.

Levy was in love with the coach Mourinho used to be, and Jose is in love with the last metropolitan based elite club anyone will be daft enough to let him run. He is fighting to salvage his reputation as still relevant and it's the only reason he will work within the constraints Levy sets. In the past he turned it down.
Hardly surprising he turned us Down in the past, at the time he choose clubs where he could win things.
At spurs this isn't or won't be the case, I guess he thought he could get us back in the top four with just a bit of back slapping and organisation, that has clearly not being the case with the decline of the squad all too real.

"Give him more time".

EbD9WM4WoAIrbhx

Don't we have a Manager waiting in the wings with Mourinhos #2. Isn't Sacramento supposed to be some tactical genius? Or is Mourinho like Bielsa in that he has a limited role?

I’m not happy with the manager, but there is no chance that levy gets rid of him before next season. People can fantasise as much as they like about getting someone else in during the summer but it’s never going to happen before atleast half way through next season. Even if we don’t win any of our remaining games.

So since I support spurs, I will continue to do just that and just hope that his boring philosophy at least gets us back in to Europe and maybe a trophy next season.

I don’t want us to become like those pricks down the road who pray for bad results just to inch their manager’s closer to the sack. They did it with Wenger and they did it with emery.

Jose’s Spurs is still our Spurs whether we like it or not. Let’s get behind him and the team. I think the West Ham game will go a long way to determining how we can expect us to play against the lesser teams.

"Give him more time".

EbD9WM4WoAIrbhx

Look at Leicester with Rodgers who you said you would consider have considered as a Spurs manager. Wolves only 3 points more with another manager you rate. Utd who were flying before covid only 3 points more

It's been a shockingly poor PL season. Worst I can remember

Back
Top Bottom