Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DM him with a pic of you in lycra

I did and have never looked back

Hopefully evening wear will suffice....

Z2GjIMZ.jpg

So do you think that Ndombele still has the. ‘Pace , strength and stamina’ he showed then now?

If not is it an injury or is it an attitude or lack of one?

Are you happy with his performances for us so far?

Was José right not to use him so far in the last two games?

Do you think that we have a £65 million player or whatever it was?

I should have said Ndombele had brains, strength and stamina, because to fair, pace has never been his thing, but then too much is made of this notion that Sissoko has pace, he doesn't, he ambles around just as much as Ndombele does, his agility is just as bad as Ndombele's, just once every 3 moths he'll make a break in a straight line. That's not pace, that's momentum.

He hasn't shown any consistency of performance because he hasn't played consistently, so how can he?

I think he's possibly the mots naturally talented midfielder we've signed since Modric, but we signed a player who is best playing as an 8 in a CM3 with a proper DM between him and another 8. If we can get him playing regularly in a set up like this with a DM and the also very good Lo Celso the other side then I think he will be a very good signing.

Mourinho slagging him off to the media for not being fit (first time) was fucking pathetic, what's the point of that - but we've all seen this before numerous times, he gets a shit result/performance so he wants the media to be talking about something, lets throw the 22yo foreign kid under the bus, media and fans will be on his back not mine. Then he does it again after that debacle at Burnley.

So now it's a shitty situation that does no-one any good, the player, the team who could desperately do with one of its better players.

I don't think his performances - when he has played - have been worthy of singling out over anyone else's performances. I never expect a young foreign kid, having their first season in a new country to look wonderful, and he's had injuries and then had to deal with being made the scapegoat for some horrendous tactics and team performances.

Do not understand why he wasn't given some game time in the last couple of games, both games I think could have used his ability to pick a pass on the counter.

Do not understand why he wasn't given some game time in the last couple of games, both games I think could have used his ability to pick a pass on the counter.

I don't see how he could have been given anytime.

In a close game with Man U bringing him on and leaving us shorthanded with him providing nothing defensively not even willing to track and stand beside someone likely results in a loss for us. No way we can afford him coming on losing the game for us.

Then at West Ham, yes we were up but it was still close and the only way we lose is with a major screw up like one guy doing dick all letting WH have 11 on 10, which is the likely result with Ndombele going out there.

hard to find time for a guy who refuses to try, and is questionable at best when trying anyways, when we are playing close games and trying to get to the top 4/5.

I don't see how he could have been given anytime.

In a close game with Man U bringing him on and leaving us shorthanded with him providing nothing defensively not even willing to track and stand beside someone likely results in a loss for us. No way we can afford him coming on losing the game for us.

Then at West Ham, yes we were up but it was still close and the only way we lose is with a major screw up like one guy doing dick all letting WH have 11 on 10, which is the likely result with Ndombele going out there.

hard to find time for a guy who refuses to try, and is questionable at best when trying anyways, when we are playing close games and trying to get to the top 4/5.

Oh stop this silly bullshit, it's tedious.

There's nothing to report. This was taken after training today. Their relationship is clearly fine. The lengths people will seemingly go to to create a false story is staggering.

joseandtanguy.jpg

That didn't take me 30 minutes to do. Fuck off... :vdvcry:

No bullshit just truth. The guy has done nothing to show that he can be trusted to put in a proper effort.

Yes he has. In most of the game's he's played he's been no worse than most for effort. First half against Burnley he saw the ball 40 times. Skipp in the same half saw it 24. First half against Utd last week Sissoko saw it fucking 10.

Norwich away 67 passes, 91%, is that putting in no effort?

Leicester away most tackles in the game (4),

Southampton at home, most tackles/intercepts (5)

Olympiacos away most tackles/Interceptions (despite only being on the pitch 60 mins),

outstanding in two games against Red Star (2 assists in the first game, most tackle/intercepts in both, 140 passes at 90% over both games) etc etc etc

I'm chucking these stats at you to back up what your eyes should telling you. he's not always been great, but it's not about lack of effort, it's about a load of shit, shit team, stupid tactics, stupid selection, not playing him and other players in their best positions, playing 5 fucking CB's and two CM's away at shitty fucking Burnley, him being a 22yo kid having his first season in a new country, in a new league, with a new language and two managers, carrying a couple of injuries, just having a few not great games and having your billy big bollocks manager think it's a great idea to throw you under a fucking bus publicly.

This fucking bullshit narrative that he's not put any effort in is garbage.

Yes he has. In most of the game's he's played he's been no worse than most for effort. First half against Burnley he saw the ball 40 times. Skipp in the same half saw it 24. First half against Utd last week Sissoko saw it fucking 10.

Olympiacos away most tackles/Interceptions (despite only being on the pitch 60 mins),

outstanding in two games against Red Star (2 assists in the first game, most tackle/intercepts in both, 140 passes at 90% over both games) etc etc etc

I'm chucking these stats at you to back up what your eyes should telling you. he's not always been great, but it's not about lack of effort, it's about a load of shit, shit team, stupid tactics, stupid selection, not playing him and other players in their best positions, playing 5 fucking CB's and two CM's away at shitty fucking Burnley, him being a 22yo kid having his first season in a new country, in a new league, with a new language and two managers, carrying a couple of injuries, just having a few not great games and having your billy big bollocks manager think it's a great idea to throw you under a fucking bus publicly.

im-not-saying-thats-racist-but-its-racist.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a curve-ball.

What if, knowing that Ndombele was in demand and wanted by the likes of Madrid, PSG, Barca and City; Levy did the deal with the plan to sell him on at profit very quickly and / or use as a make weight in a swap deal?

Coutinho and Messi incoming this summer.

The manager, since the switch, hasn't been close to the problem it has been the player. It is not Mourinho's job to change the tactics to get one lazy player more involved, he is putting out the best team he can and unfortunately for lazy ass Ndombele that doesn't include him,

Its nice that for 60 million we get a guy that can occassionally get some counting stats to pad his zero effort but having watched each one of those games I can't think of a single one that was close to impressive or one in which he actually put some effort in.

I get it that fans want to imagine that we have some great hidden gem being held back by the manager because that is much easier to stomach that just admitting the fact that the player is a dud, especially with how much money we wasted on him. Jose is an easy pinching bag because many fans hated him and deified Poch so they will now ignore the reality that Jose is and has been great for us since coming in.

The only bullshit narrative was that he was unfairly thrown under the bus, he was rightfully called out for his dogshit attitude and laziness as he should have been. If anything Jose should have been harsher and left him off the bench completely but instead we have to coddle this little baby so he doesn't go home crying, while stealing 10 million in salary from the club.

This passing backwards myth really needs to stop.

No it's not.

10 through balls in 88 matches. All but 1 every 9 games on average.
2 assists and 3 chances created.
His defensive work is considerably better than his attack in every regard. He's made vastly more tackles than he's attempted through balls.
The problem is, most defensive midfielders offer more forward thinking play than he does whilst matching his defensive role.

Back
Top Bottom