Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Typically they’re going to have their best defenders back to play us which will make them a different team. O’Connell has been their best defender and he’ll be back. We’ve been linked with him this season. An unglamorous option for us perhaps?

Just had it pointed out to me that we’re playing Woolwich on 12th July, with a game against Bournemouth on the 9th. Woolwich’s game before us is on the 7th giving them 2 days extra rest. Who the fuck put those fixtures together?! Arteta?

The Premier League really is ran by a bunch of morons.
Or the Ex Woolwich players on Sky who really organise the dates.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Dier Davies
Sissoko Ndombele.
Bergwijn. GLC Son
Kane

I don’t think this will happen, but would like to see what this team can do

Uh oh.... an urgent 999 call has just been made for Dr. Tottenham...
"Please head to Bramell Lane, Sheffield next weekend to administer medicine and a cure!!"

Uh oh.... an urgent 999 call has just been made for Dr. Tottenham...
"Please head to Bramell Lane, Sheffield next weekend to administer medicine and a cure!!"

Ah, no doubt the SOS has been issued.... Let us not oblige, please.

Post-match verdict seems to be "OMG Arse were so bad... What does that say about Sheff!?!"....

Perfect (shit-)storm. :mourweird:

4 games for Sheffield United. 1 goal scored, 8 conceded, 0 wins and 1 point?

Step forward Tottenham Hotspur.

Thank god we haven't got fans in attendance to get on the teams back if we haven't scored within 5 minutes.

Probably why weve done relatively well so far.

Just realised that we are playing on Thursday for two consecutive weeks - hope that it is not a sign of the future!
I was of the mind set that if we didn't get CL I'd rather not have EL footy. However, as someone (poss Airfixx Airfixx ) said it does give the kids an excellent platform to show their worth and earn their stripes. So if it's to be Thursday nights then I'm on board so long as it's used for bringing the young talent through. I'd love Troy, for example to get games and show he can be trusted.

I was of the mind set that if we didn't get CL I'd rather not have EL footy. However, as someone (poss Airfixx Airfixx ) said it does give the kids an excellent platform to show their worth and earn their stripes. So if it's to be Thursday nights then I'm on board so long as it's used for bringing the young talent through. I'd love Troy, for example to get games and show he can be trusted.
Al of the FA Cup semi finalist, are top teams, . MC won the league cup again. Neither competition is easy to win and would want the option of Europe. Europa brings with it reward of CL. If you are not in it then members of the squad do not play enough. Whilst there are some weak teams in the group stages the knockouts are competitive. These last few years the top team have taken it seriously. You have to play it to win it.

If we get Europa, then I want to go all out to win it. You can get away with kids and fringe players in the group stages, but beyond that we need to take it seriously. A reward of a UCL spot, a trophy and getting the taste for success is huge.

I'd rather win the Europa than a league cup or try and get 4th spot.

If we get Europa, then I want to go all out to win it. You can get away with kids and fringe players in the group stages, but beyond that we need to take it seriously. A reward of a UCL spot, a trophy and getting the taste for success is huge.

I'd rather win the Europa than a league cup or try and get 4th spot.
And next year's final should be in Seville.

Can't see him messing with the back 5 after the first clean sheet in an age, I reckon Davies and Sanchez will play.
Most likely going to be the same lineup. I think José's found his back 5, and Harry, Dele, Son and Lucas are his favourites, while GLC is undroppable at the moment. That leaves only Sissoko, who I believe has the edge to start over Winks.
Huh? We played a back 5 against West Ham?

How did I miss that...

Nevermind, you're probably including :llorishowudoin:.

Back
Top Bottom