Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So he's still a lazy twat?

I mean, he's not going to be match fit anyway.

But from reports it seems like Mourinho doesn't really want to play Ndombele AND Lo Celso without a true DM in there - which in his eyes he doesn't have (or he doesn't trust Skipp)

But from reports it seems like Mourinho doesn't really want to play Ndombele AND Lo Celso without a true DM in there - which in his eyes he doesn't have (or he doesn't trust Skipp)

This is what frustrates me. Skipp started multiple games in a row just before the break, and excelled.

Lo Celso, Skipp, Ndombele would theoretically be a perfectly complementary system toward the end of the season, and suits Jose's 433.

This is what frustrates me. Skipp started multiple games in a row just before the break, and excelled.

Lo Celso, Skipp, Ndombele would theoretically be a perfectly complementary system toward the end of the season, and suits Jose's 433.

I mean, Skipp got subbed off at half time in his last Premier League start - along with Ndombele (which would make sense if Poch feels he can only play Ndombele with a DM)

But yeah.

Lo Celso, Skipp and Ndombele as a midfield 3 just seemed like a smart way to go in a 433 from now until the end of the season to try and get an understanding going and potentially save us millions and millions on splashing on a huge new DM.

I don't think we should underestimate these. On our day we shouldn't have any real issues BUT we aren't exactly in a rich vein of form.
Hopefully they will be knackered after smashing the granny out of Woolwich in the cup game.

7-1. Double hattrick for Kane and one for Ndombele.

I can only agree with Mourinho at the moment. I am a huge Ndombele fan, but who does he come in over at the moment? If JM doesn't trust any of the defensive mids we have, which if I'm honest I'm not sure any of us do, then he can't risk playing 2 very forward thinking midfielders with no proper cover.

Unlikely to be the formation as there's seemingly something going on with Ndombele/Jose. But if it turns out that there isn't, I'd love to see this.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Sissoko - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Son
Kane​

The tweet mentioned lack of effort in training.

I can only agree with Mourinho at the moment. I am a huge Ndombele fan, but who does he come in over at the moment? If JM doesn't trust any of the defensive mids we have, which if I'm honest I'm not sure any of us do, then he can't risk playing 2 very forward thinking midfielders with no proper cover.
He comes in for one of the attacking mids (dele or lucas in the last game) and they play a 4-3-3.

skipp has been mentioned to play that DM role behind ndombele/GLC, i dont think thats a bad idea. if not, dier/sissoko can't play that role? It kills me that we are making no use of our most expensive transfer ever.

Sheff Utd. last 2 games:

6 conceded(*)
0 scored
0 points.

justin justin

(*The same United that smashed them last night needed a dodgy pen to rescue a point against us last week.)

Only change I’d like to see is Bergwijn in for Lucas. Also would like to see Alli out for someone else but not sure who. I would like to see NDombele perhaps playing in an attacking role if Mourinho doesn’t trust him defensively but that’s not going to happen. Still think Lamela is best used as a sub but he’ll probably stick with Alli although he might revert back to Winks and Sissoko with Lo Celso ahead of them.
Defence should be left alone. We’ve looked pretty solid overall at the back so shouldn’t mess with a winning formula. Not sure about it long term though.Regardless, minimal changes if any at all especially with the length of time until the next match.

It would be a really good sign of intent if we were to win this and start forming some space between us and the rest of the pack. Still optimistic for a strong finish

COYS!!

A huge Ndombele fan ?

Was it you that made us waste our money ?

jM0Mnhd.jpg

Gazza, Toby, Verts, Winks, Gedson, Sessegnon, Lamela, Dele, Moura

He comes in for one of the attacking mids (dele or lucas in the last game) and they play a 4-3-3.

skipp has been mentioned to play that DM role behind ndombele/GLC, i dont think thats a bad idea. if not, dier/sissoko can't play that role? It kills me that we are making no use of our most expensive transfer ever.
Dier should stay where he is, in my opinion.

Only change I’d like to see is Bergwijn in for Lucas. Also would like to see Alli out for someone else but not sure who. I would like to see NDombele perhaps playing in an attacking role if Mourinho doesn’t trust him defensively but that’s not going to happen. Still think Lamela is best used as a sub but he’ll probably stick with Alli although he might revert back to Winks and Sissoko with Lo Celso ahead of them.
Defence should be left alone. We’ve looked pretty solid overall at the back so shouldn’t mess with a winning formula. Not sure about it long term though.Regardless, minimal changes if any at all especially with the length of time until the next match.

It would be a really good sign of intent if we were to win this and start forming some space between us and the rest of the pack. Still optimistic for a strong finish

COYS!!
I agree with you. Bergwijn in for Lucas is the only change I'd make. Dele Ali is yet to deliver a good performance after the break, though. And Lamela played well against West Ham and Manchester United (was on the pitch in the three goals we scored). If Ali doesn't show up against Sheffield, the argentinian will deserve a chance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom