Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s no better than Dier or Davies right now
Anyone can score eventually if they are up top.
Is he better now than 2016/17?

No, just a name

You are beyond fucking stupid if that is your genuine opinion. Davies and Dier were horrid this game, putrid. Kane scored 4 goals of which 3 were chalked off fairly or unfairly. He can't magic goals out of thin air when he has a bunch of absolute shit behind him who can't pass more than 10ft in front of them.

As much as we were poor, if that goal counts it’s a completely different game. We would have had the momentum. Instead it swung Sheff Utd’s way.

Yes we should have equalised but the goals we conceded were unforgivable and point to serious issues. The players mustn't be playing for the manager.

This guy watches us struggle to create any chances for 90 minutes and wants to bring up Victor fucking Wanyama. We miss eriksen. Even when Eriksen was here, we relied on him HEAVILY. Once Dembele was done, it was up to him to really create chances.

Go look at the leaders for chances created in all of Europe's top leagues and Eriksen's seasons for us were there every season. He ranked highly.

Lucas, Son, Bergwijn. These aren't creators. You have a fraud of a forward in Lamela who hates the final third too.

We've been failing to create chances all season.

We had Eriksen for half of it.

We're losing games because we have a poor defence which is highlighted even more by the fact we have a WEAK central midfield.

Once Dembele was done and left - so was Eriksen. I've not seen one player rely so heavily on another player since. We should have sold Eriksen in the summer when it was clear:

a) He wasn't going to sign a new deal
b) He wasn't as effective without Dembele behind him

Sadly, we kept him and it halted us even further.

I don’t like bagging our players but there was a moment in the second half that summed Sissoko up perfectly.

He passed the ball three yards to Lo Celso and then pointed to the opposition goal. Thirty seconds later, on the edge of their box, he passed it three yards to Aurier and then pointed to our goal.

He offers nothing. He never really runs off the ball. He doesn’t make himself available. It’s all pointless possession.

He can do one thing well. If we use him as an RM, he can run forward, in a straight line and try and find a pass inside. That’s about it.

Its not that he can't play in a midfield two its that he can't do the job of two midfielders.

He was forced to play way too deep and then do Sissoko's job as well because Sissoko can't do anything with the ball.

I am not sure how people can shit on GLC for playing out of position, having to take on two roles and then being the only player out there capable of making a pass.

Any complaints about GLC should not be about the player but about how much it shows the massive holes we have on this team.
Man let's not blame Sissoko for this as well. Sissoko was shit but GLC was even fucking worse. Couldn't do anything right.

He was a total fucking donkey today. And he gave up after the 2nd goal, disgraceful to be honest.

We've looked a lot better under him than we did at the end of Poch's reign.

Its not the managers fault (Poch or Jose) the players are the ones who are not good enough. This squad has way too much crap on it to be successful. Realistically need at least 5 new starters, probably 7 if we are honest.
No we haven’t mate. That ridiculous theory needs to be nipped in the bud. In what way have we looked better?

I agree with your assessment of the squad, but the club got rid of the man that was keeping the shit together for the last 2/3 seasons where we’ve basically had this exact same squad Jose has. It was a shameful, cowardly decision from the ownership that could set us back years.

He’s no better than Dier or Davies right now
Anyone can score eventually if they are up top.
Is he better now than 2016/17?

No, just a name
He's works class an would walk into any team in the world. He's scored 22 goals this season. 28 last season. Despite constantly being played until he breaks.

Edit - I got that wrong sorry, that's 24 last year and 18 this year, but still pretty good considering

Last edited:
Thought Ndombele was alright.

Vertonghen at LB vs Everton?

Kane put the ball in the net 4 times... so that's a positive....

We've been failing to create chances all season.

We had Eriksen for half of it.

We're losing games because we have a poor defence which is highlighted even more by the fact we have a WEAK central midfield.

Once Dembele was done and left - so was Eriksen. I've not seen one player rely so heavily on another player since.

This. Absolutely bang on the money.

Fire Mou, sell Kane, Son, and Dele, and start the rebuild. This team is going absolutely nowhere without a major reshuffle, significant reinvestment, and a fresh tactical approach.

It was a referee game . The momentum gone the players played knowing they where get rubbed so they played distracted ..........
If you earning 120000 pounds a week you have absolutely no right to give up because a referee is being an ass. You fight to the end. I accept we aren't the ref or commentator s favourites. Its what makes me support Spurs. They always had the balls to fight. Now we just lay down and bitch and moan. We supposed to be the 'Fighting Cock'. Today we were more like the 'Mopeing Chicken.'

Back
Top Bottom