Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can you say at this point the fault isn't ENIC? How many managers have they sacked? How many times have they failed to back managers at key moments to improve us? How many times have they put profit ahead of success on the pitch?

Yeah, it's not their fault we played shit on the pitch on game day, that's the manager and the players fault but overall, the bigger picture is that THEIR decisions have led us to where we are right now.

And they are the only ones who never fall on the sword, it's time they did, fuck them.
Where we are now is complaining that we’ve taken a step back from last season where we were in the CL final? Go back 20 years and look what people were complaining about

I’m not going to get into this conversation again: we had a bad day against a decent team- it happens, particularly with a team lacking confidence since Jan 2019.

The team has looked good maybe 5 matches the entire season. Poch was clearly burned out but Mou doesn't seem to be the answer. Our glaring holes at RB and DM are still glaring. For some reason we keep not playing our best players consistently. We've just traded a manager with favorites to another manager with favorites.

At this point I am just hoping to finish above Woolwich - if that happens we will likely be in the Europa. There's really nothing else to play for.

The team has looked good maybe 5 matches the entire season. Poch was clearly burned out but Mou doesn't seem to be the answer. Our glaring holes at RB and DM are still glaring. For some reason we keep not playing our best players consistently. We've just traded a manager with favorites to another manager with favorites.

At this point I am just hoping to finish above Woolwich - if that happens we will likely be in the Europa. There's really nothing else to play for.
Its down to the Jimmy's and Joe's, not the X's and O's

I don’t like bagging our players but there was a moment in the second half that summed Sissoko up perfectly.

He passed the ball three yards to Lo Celso and then pointed to the opposition goal. Thirty seconds later, on the edge of their box, he passed it three yards to Aurier and then pointed to our goal.

He offers nothing. He never really runs off the ball. He doesn’t make himself available. It’s all pointless possession.

He can do one thing well. If we use him as an RM, he can run forward, in a straight line and try and find a pass inside. That’s about it.
When you said there was a moment in the second half that summed Sissoko up, thought you were going to refer to when he had the ball at the half way line and kicked it out for a corner.

Had over a week to prepare for this match and we get embarrassed by a Championship side. Jose might have been great in the past but he’s finished as a manager. What a waste of money by Levy.

I hate them.

Background: I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan first and foremost. I follow Spurs because of my college roommate.

But make no mistake the pigs are much better than folks have been giving them credit for.

I’m falling out of love with football, there is just no enjoyment in it anymore, it’s not about the winning as I’m a spurs fan I’m used to ya being shite I just can’t explain it but it isn’t the same anymore

I feel you, just like Kane's at West Ham, after he scored in stoppage time the comms were saying VAR will of course check a possible offside on this"

even at 3-0 my heart sinks it's destroying the soul of the game. We didn't lose because of it tonight, but it's slowly killing football, something needs to be done.

Back
Top Bottom