Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The sad fact is we are a mid table team. Compare our team of today to our last season of white hart lane.

Lloris vs lloris
Prime Walker vs shitbag aurier
Prime vertonghen and alderweireld, the best defence in the league vs dier and sanchez
Prime rose vs steady eddy davies
Monstrous wanyama vs bambi on ice sissoko
Powderpuff lo celso (I'm being harsh but he was shite today) vs the goat dembele
Eriksen vs lucas
Son vs son
Young alli scoring goals for fun valued at 100m plus vs alli who cant pass five yards with a shit Mexican tache
2016/17 best striker in the world 50 goals in a calendar year kane vs chubby broken ankle still decent kane.

We have gone backwards, our team is nowhere near top four level and we have no transfer budget. We are fucked.

Yes and we need a coach who can....coach. At the moment we can’t defend, we can’t pass and we can’t shoot. I know it’s only one small aspect but we don’t even have a player that can take a decent free kick. What the fuck do they do in training?

Yes and we need a coach who can....coach. At the moment we can’t defend, we can’t pass and we can’t shoot. I know it’s only one small aspect but we don’t even have a player that can take a decent free kick. What the fuck do they do in training?

run abaaaat a bit

Well that was fucking horrific.

Problem is I don't see any real solutions coming any time soon.
There's no money.
Shit players will not want to leave for 'lesser' clubs and less money.
Even if they do want to go Levy will demand ridiculous money for them and they will still be here next season.
Kane and possibly Son will be itching to get away.

Even if i'm wrong and we do manage a mini clear out or sell harry i have zero confidence that the scouting team can spot a decent premier league player.

I am proper worried about our future.

This has been coming for ages under Mourinho. We’ve been absolute cack in every game under him since the first two or three.

It was a horrendous appointment by an ownership who I’m sorry to say have once again horribly failed the fans of this club. Just sickening.

This is how we’ve been playing for a long time, these players have to take the criticism and change their mindset. The game today was like the one at WHL, us having the ball but being outplayed except this time Sheffield got the goals they deserved. Once Dembele and Eriksen began to fade we started playing this shit sideways football and started making hideous errors.

I don’t know what goes through our players heads some times, they seemed to think we could win this game without breaking a sweat. To let them score exactly the same goal 3 times, without one player even getting close to the ball or a man, is just unacceptable.

No just done with it..... Eriksen, Dele,Kane....all peaked.
Kane will always score goals.

What he won’t do ever again though is PLAY like he did in the Chelsea 5-3
Kane scoring goals is all you need from a striker. And his stats are still high end. We've just gotten used to Kane doing all the other amazing stuff on top of that.

A declining team around him is hindering his game. Plus not having a decent second striker to challenge him and give him a rest.

Personally I wouldn't care if everyone but Kane and Son were sold, obviously not gonna happen.

I get what you're saying though. I'm fed up too. Massively. I still see Kane as shoulders above Eriksen and Dele though

Fire Mou, sell Kane, Son, and Dele, and start the rebuild. This team is going absolutely nowhere without a major reshuffle, significant reinvestment, and a fresh tactical approach.
This sounds quite familiar and exceedingly reasonable. But something tells me you are going to encounter some resistance to this perspective.

Scott I don't know what folk are watching. We are a mess, we can't cope in the EPL but people are talking about winning the EL. We will win nothing with this coach and two thirds of this squad.
Just like poch & the painful rebuild comment, some can't see or don't want to see how average we are. Its hard to admit to yourself we just aren't that good. So instead you lie to yourself & pretend we are much better than we are & discuss winning the europa like that's very likely.
For some its just probably pride. For others they don't want to admit it because it would be admitting levy & ENIC are taking us backwards from a few years ago.
But until levy & the owners admit we are average, they won't feel the need for the painful rebuild. We are in denial from top to bottom about how good we really are.

Man let's not blame Sissoko for this as well. Sissoko was shit but GLC was even fucking worse. Couldn't do anything right.

He was a total fucking donkey today. And he gave up after the 2nd goal, disgraceful to be honest.

What?

Sissoko was totally at fault today. Did you see him make a single quality pass today? And that was with the team obviously not passing to him as much as possible and he still was a nightmare with the ball at his feet.

Sissoko was so much worse than GLC today it isn't even comparable and that was the added help of GLC stepping up to do his job for him and the team sheltering him by not playing the ball to him. Imagine how awful Sissoko would have been if he would have been expected to contribute an equal amount as the rest of the team or do the job that is expected out of even just an average EPL player.

Today was a perfect example of why Sissoko should never play another game for us again. He is the poster child for not good enough.

What really saddens me is the fact that the whole team play with what I can only describe as an overall apathy.
They basically don't seem to give a fuck and it's a 'shrug of the shoulders' style of play that infuriates. Mourinho will moan and moan about VAR but that's just hiding away from the truth. I really don't think anyone will care at all about the result tonight, except the once again disappointed and disillusioned supporters.
Shame on you Spurs.

We've been failing to create chances all season.

We had Eriksen for half of it.

We're losing games because we have a poor defence which is highlighted even more by the fact we have a WEAK central midfield.

Once Dembele was done and left - so was Eriksen. I've not seen one player rely so heavily on another player since. We should have sold Eriksen in the summer when it was clear:

a) He wasn't going to sign a new deal
b) He wasn't as effective without Dembele behind him

Sadly, we kept him and it halted us even further.
Sorry, this isn't it. You conveniently left out that we sold Walker and Rose was never replaced. This side was at its peak when Walker and Rose were bombing down either side, actually dangerous full backs, and Eriksen was relied upon by the entire squad to create chances. I'm not sure how Eriksen 'relied' on Dembele when Dembele would go missing for parts of the season through injury and Eriksen would still have the same duty.

You let the fullbacks go, let Dembele go, and still Eriksen was the guy we looked at to create everything. No wonder he wanted to leave. He was fed up with this team taking steps back.

No we haven’t mate. That ridiculous theory needs to be nipped in the bud. In what way have we looked better?

I agree with your assessment of the squad, but the club got rid of the man that was keeping the shit together for the last 2/3 seasons where we’ve basically had this exact same squad Jose has. It was a shameful, cowardly decision from the ownership that could set us back years.

Keeping what together, our record was shit at the end of last season and we backed our way into top 4 because of our good play early on and terrible play by those around us.

To start this season Poch had us in 13th, complain all you want about Jose but we were much worse at the start of the season than we have been with Jose and Jose has had to deal with a lot more injuries.

Back
Top Bottom