Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have zero players in our squad who can deliver the ball from a wide position. It doesn't take a tactical genius to set up to defend against us.

Bergwijn can....

Playing him through the middle last night was a bad call....Esp when you have Dele, Gio, Ndombele & Lamela to chose from.

The club want us to be grateful we are still premier League, expectations are at an all time low.
Poor team, poor management across the club and even poorer ambition level.
Exactly. Same with our transfer budget. Don't expect much. Be grateful for gedson on loan.
Until they leave this is the way it is.

Yep. We peaked. our glory days consisted of a 2nd and 3rd place and no trophies.

Back to another decade of being a mid table banter club, who at this rate will be playing in a half full stadium.

can't wait

We have been a top 6 club for 13 of the past 14 years....

Yes this season has been shit but that doesn't mean it's set to be the 90s all over again.

Bergwijn can....

Playing him through the middle last night was a bad call....Esp when you have Dele, Gio, Ndombele & Lamela to chose from.

Is Jose experimenting. Lamela played there against Utd, Dele against Spam and Bergwijn last night. Maybe Ndombele will be given a go in the upcoming games

It's not worth fuming over that bunch of cunts, I bet half of them don't even give a shit and are having a laugh on the training ground this morning as if nothing happened.
Some of them will already planning their moves and speaking to agents.

Ive a feeling Mourinho was alluding to this after the game. Sounded similar to when Sherwood said half of the players will have forgotten about the result before they are on the coach.

We are a soft touch and have been apart for under 2 years under Poch. If Mourinho can’t beat it out of this fucking club we’ve no chance. We’ve been like it for the thirty odd years I’ve supported us. The one constant is the fans, are we the problem? I suspect we are part of it.

Whilst the VAR decision was abysmal, and, more to the point the RULE that it was implementing is the REAL fucker... our reaction to it was unforgivable... we TOTALLY spent the remaining hour of the game feeling sorry for ourselves!
Exactly. They showed nothing in that 2nd half, literally nothing. Didn't muster up a shot til almost 70+mins. No intensity, no guile or clue, just slow possession, put the ball out wide and float a hopeful ball in. Pathetic. Damning lack of spirit shown

Sorry mate but what else do they want, certainly isn't to be top dog winners of this or that we have seen nothing in terms of that.
Maybe I'm being disingenuous a bit, so let's say Europa League or top four is the ceiling, is that more agreeable?

Massively so....

Pls spare us the hyperbolic conspiracy peddling.

Were you watching last night or like the Utd aftermath are you just here for the shit-flinging?

Ive a feeling Mourinho was alluding to this after the game. Sounded similar to when Sherwood said half of the players will have forgotten about the result before they are on the coach.

We are a soft touch and have been apart for under 2 years under Poch. If Mourinho can’t beat it out of this fucking club we’ve no chance. We’ve been like it for the thirty odd years I’ve supported us. The one constant is the fans, are we the problem? I suspect we are part of it.
If by 'caring about the result' then YES, many fans are the problem...

I'm sure Levy would prefer a stadium full of 60k tourists, happy to pay through the nose in the club shop, not give one shit about the result, as long as they get their 'peace sign' selfie outside the ground with enough of the Spurs logo in it to 'influence' the next wave of tourists....

As it is, there ARE no tourists in the ground right now... the only people bothering to tune in, or follow the result, are people who CARE about the result, but can't get to a game right now... so the response is that of disappointment.... and frustration that we can't even sing ourselves hoarse, or shout and scream in the ground for 90minutes... it's gotta boil over SOMEWHERE!

I imagine the tourists are onto the next thing by now... cos judging on how we've been playing recently, it certainly won't be us they come flocking back to next season....
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise!

Massively so....

Pls spare us the hyperbolic conspiracy peddling.

Were you watching last night or like the Utd aftermath are you just here for the shit-flinging?
Mate hyperbole really? It's not peddling anything we can ALL see the shit, and you don't know what Levy's intentions are either.
But I have seen nothing to suggest this club is moving forward and if that upsets people so be it.
I did unfortunately watch it wish I hadn't bothered because that was a shit show being beaten by a newly promoted team so easily, what I was witnessed was players who don't give a shit.
As I have said before my expectations are low for next season and beyond, but now I might have to set it even lower.
:levyeyes:

If by 'caring about the result' then YES, many fans are the problem...

I'm sure Levy would prefer a stadium full of 60k tourists, happy to pay through the nose in the club shop, not give one shit about the result, as long as they get their 'peace sign' selfie outside the ground with enough of the Spurs logo in it to 'influence' the next wave of tourists....

As it is, there ARE no tourists in the ground right now... the only people bothering to tune in, or follow the result, are people who CARE about the result, but can't get to a game right now... so the response is that of disappointment.... and frustration that we can't even sing ourselves hoarse, or shout and scream in the ground for 90minutes... it's gotta boil over SOMEWHERE!

I imagine the tourists are onto the next thing by now... cos judging on how we've been playing recently, it certainly won't be us they come flocking back to next season....
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise!
It will be interesting to see how many renew their tickets for next season, I agree that ENIC want a certain type of fan, one that just sits passively and enjoys the ride much like our team.

Mate hyperbole really? It's not peddling anything we can ALL see the shit, and you don't know what Levy's intentions are either.
But I have seen nothing to suggest this club is moving forward and if that upsets people so be it.
I did unfortunately watch it wish I hadn't bothered because that was a shit show being beaten by a newly promoted team so easily, what I was witnessed was players who don't give a shit.
As I have said before my expectations are low for next season and beyond, but now I might have to set it even lower.
:levyeyes:

As I find myself constantly asking; if a point is solid why do you feel the need to be (as per your own admission) "disingenuous"?

Lucky to be a PL side vs Top 4 IS gratuitous hyperbole on your part.

We're all hurting this morning. Stop unnecessarily ramping the misery up.... Please.

We were shit with Eriksen and we are shit now
We were shit the season we got the CL final, and all of this season.
Poch turned shit, Jose has been shit and all our “world class” players are no better than the likes of Townsend and Chadli.
I’d rather have Townsend and Chadli to be honest.

So the lesson of your story. Eveything under Levy/ENIC, eventually, turns to shit?

Couldn't have put it better myself

Last edited:
Exactly. The way we collapsed in the last 20 mins through sheer exhaustion should have set the alarm bells ringing.
The squad was on its last legs in terms of depth, Poch squeezed nearly everything he could from it.
After that Wolves game.

The following January 2019 transfer window we didn't buy anyone and flogged Mousa Dembele to China.

They were the final nails in the coffin.

Back
Top Bottom