Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what happens when Lo Celso has a off day and the past managers transfer policy off athletes over actual football ability comes back to haunt us.

We need to be selling Aurier, Sissoko and Moura for me all 3 have such low football IQ it hurts.

Sanchez is on his last season to prove he can actually learn how to defend and not just be quick. And we can add Davies Ali Lamela to the list of last chance saloon.

I look at that squad and the only players I think are 100% good enough for us are Kane, Son, Berg and Lo Celso

The rest either have question marks over attitude or ability it's a far cry from the Poch team or the Redknapp team
Absolutely spot on.

Prioritising athleticism over football ability and IQ is why we are shit.

It's also the reason why England have been shit for so long. From grassroots level I see coaches give kids a chance because they are big and athletic. Fuck all happens when you put a ball at their feet. Classic kick and rush football, Wimbledon style. Ruffle a few feathers and intimidate the opposition.

Even Sheff Utd play direct football to McBurnie but their goals were good moves to the byline followed by a cutback. Also bear in mind that none of the Sheff backline are that athletic or fast. Yet they have conceded the fewest goals all season. This requirement for speed and athleticism is myth. Football can be played without it.

Look at the football Man City played today. It's chalk and cheese to how we play.

We have miraculously transformed from a club I loved to watch to the pile of shit I used to watch in the 90’s. New shiny stadium? What fucking use is it when we get fisted by championship promoted clubs? There’s something very fucking rotten right now at the core of this club.

We were shit that season too. Since that Dec we've been dreadful
I can pinpoint the exact moment.

Since half-time against Wolves in December 2018. We were winning that game, with Harry scoring a beaut. Everyone thought it was another 3 points. Yet Moutinho came on for Wolves and changed the game.

They went on to win 3-1 at Wembley.

Since half-time against Wolves in December 2018. We were winning that game, with Harry scoring a beaut. Everyone thought it was another 3 points. Yet Moutinho came on for Wolves and changed the game.

Yep, that's the game remember the moment well. I'd just landing back in London, turned the phone on to eagerly check the score expecting us to be right up City and Pool's arse only for reality to kick in. Downhill since

I agree. But Levy is the type to step over dollars while picking up dimes.
He can't accept a one-season loss in order to get three more profitable ones.
Levy is a great books-cooker, but a very poor long-term strategist when it comes to footballing matters.
Spot on.

I posted after the Brighton game.

He's penny wise pound foolish.

Ironically it's going to hurt him so much that he has to pay Mourinho without CL football. And the pressure will be on to get new players in this transfer window. Without crowds due to COVID its hurting him so much financially.

The concerts and NFL games seem like the only way he can make money, but without crowds that isn't going to happen.

The next 2 years will be interesting to see if he gets the marketing naming rights deal done and then sells up.

Last edited:
Spot on.

I posted after the Brighton game.

He's penny wise pound foolish.

Ironically it's going to hurt him so much that he has to pay Mourinho without CL football. And the pressure will be on to get new players in this transfer window. Without crowds due to COVID its hurting him so much financially.

The concerts and NFL games seem like the only way he can make money, but without crowds that isn't going to happen.

The next 2 years will be interesting to see if he gets the marking rights deal done and then sells up.

I hope they sell to a Saudi oil sheik

We need to throw the 4231 in the trash, that was a formation suited to Dembele. We don’t have high quality midfielders any more so we need numbers in there, Mou needs to move to his old school 433.

Sissoko has to be taken out now, I get that he’s our best athlete but he’s too limited a player to really help the team as a starter. Use him an an attacking substitute against tired legs, not our midfield lynchpin.

I don’t know why Winks has fallen out of the XI because he was playing well for Mou, but he needs to come back. He is not afraid to play and he gets stuck in.
Winks fell out because he was partially at fault for the penalty Dier gave away against Man Utd.

Roy Keane said after the game that he needed to sniff the danger and help Dier out and double up on Pogba.

This all goes back to not having a DM who really knows how to play the position.

Last edited:

Exactly. The way we collapsed in the last 20 mins through sheer exhaustion should have set the alarm bells ringing.
The squad was on its last legs in terms of depth, Poch squeezed nearly everything he could from it.

Back
Top Bottom