Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes so gettimg back to where I had to leave off. What a waste of fantastic 5 yrs of run the great run this club will never have again unless there is a change in the ownership. How much did Levy save selling Dembele and Llyorente? But it probably wasn't a failure at all in the mgt perspective because its goal was money not championship

It was a hypothetical situation by Gatsby Gatsby that we'd sell Kane for £200,000,000 and I even said in that exact post that I'd be worried we wouldn't spend it wisely.
Main reason to not sell Kane is not that we wouldnt spend the money wisely. Mr. Best-Chairman-in-the-world-1-trophy-in-20-years wouldnt use all the money and say some Covid related bullshit. Which is why we shouldnt sell Kane.

Main reason to not sell Kane is not that we wouldnt spend the money wisely. Mr. Best-Chairman-in-the-world-1-trophy-in-20-years wouldnt use all the money and say some Covid related bullshit. Which is why we shouldnt sell Kane.
We sell Kane we‘re fucked.

Are there honestly stupid cunts that want to sell the finest striker that the premier league has seen in a generation?

He’s been suffering with injuries the last few years, but every record that exists for us and the premier league is being ripped up by someone that is only 26.

Every premier league team scored against. Only Aguero ahead in goals per club appearances, Scored every day of the week, every month. Third on our all-time list and next season will only be behind Greaves. Our record European goal scorer. And 4/5 seasons of goals behind potentially ousting Shearer. And will probably beat Rooney’s england record too at this rate.

He’s 21 goals behind, with years ahead.

He is a phenomenal striker who - despite us being shit - is still scoring goals.

Last edited:
Are there honestly stupid cunts that want to sell the finest striker that the premier league hd seen in a generation?

He’s been suffering with injuries the last few years, but every record that exists for us and the premier league is being ripped up by someone that is only 26.

Every premier league team scored against. Only Aguero ahead in goals per club appearances, Scored every day of the week, every month. Third on our all-time list and next season will only be behind Greaves.record euro goal scorer. And 4/5 seasons of goals behind potentially ousting Shearer. And will probably beat Rooney’s england record too at this rate.

He is a phenomenal striker who - despite us being shit - is still scoring goals.

It’s truly baffling mate, but not surprising either. It’s supporters trying to convince themselves we will be ok without Kane. People on here are genuinely advocating the sale of Kane saying we could buy a striker just as good that will score 20+ goals, plus buy other players. Honestly laughable. Who the fuck are we going to get that has scored about 160 goals for us in 180 games? Please tell me.

Last time we tried getting that elite striker in Dybala, we Levyed that one up like always, so please enlighten me as to what world class striker we are replacing Kane with? Kane, along with Greaves ( way before my time ) is the greatest striker to have ever played for this club. Kane goes, this club might as well pack their bags and give up because we are going nowhere. Utterly pathetic we have supporters calling out Harry and saying “ well it wouldn’t be that bad selling him”. Errrrr yes, it would be disastrous.

It’s truly baffling mate, but not surprising either. It’s supporters trying to convince themselves we will be ok without Kane. People on here are genuinely advocating the sale of Kane saying we could buy a striker just as good that will score 20+ goals, plus buy other players. Honestly laughable. Who the fuck are we going to get that has scored about 160 goals for us in 180 games? Please tell me.

Last time we tried getting that elite striker in Dybala, we Levyed that one up like always, so please enlighten me as to what world class striker we are replacing Kane with? Kane, along with Greaves ( way before my time ) is the greatest striker to have ever played for this club. Kane goes, this club might as well pack their bags and give up because we are going nowhere. Utterly pathetic we have supporters calling out Harry and saying “ well it wouldn’t be that bad selling him”. Errrrr yes, it would be disastrous.
More the problem Kane has had enough .
He has nothing to stay for , no chance of
silverware, upstairs profit ruling any ambition ,
mid table plodding team , archaic manager , serious expensive rebuild which will never happen . All our top players go eventually dude .
The sell of a grand stadium , wonderful training pitch means nothing if your never going to win anything.

More the problem Kane has had enough .
He has nothing to stay for , no chance of
silverware, upstairs profit ruling any ambition ,
mid table plodding team , archaic manager , serious expensive rebuild which will never happen . All our top players go eventually dude .
The sell of a grand stadium , wonderful training pitch means nothing if your never going to win anything.

I agree with the sentiment. I just don’t agree we should be actively looking to sell him, utterly ridiculous. Kane is far to good for us, that I agree. It’s up to that tight bald cunt to rectify that and harbour the same ambition Harry has.

Are there honestly stupid cunts that want to sell the finest striker that the premier league has seen in a generation?

Every premier league team scored against. Only Aguero ahead in goals per club appearances, Scored every day of the week, every month. Third on our all-time list and next season will only be behind Greaves. Our record European goal scorer. And 4/5 seasons of goals behind potentially ousting Shearer. And will probably beat Rooney’s england record too at this rate.

It's a good gauge of who's posts to read on this forum and those to not bother with actually.

Kane recently said about getting 200 Premiership goals which means he is not considering going abroad. That limits the clubs he can go to. As a Spurs supporter and with Spurs mates I would hope that rules out Chelsea and Woolwich. That just leaves the 2 Manchester teams and Liverpool.
Reunited at Newcastle with Poch?

Kane and Son will be sold and then years of mid table mediocrity with some manager who once won the Austrian Bundesliga by total luck.

One doesn't win the Austrian Bundesliga by total luck.

Plus, I quite like Marco Rose.

Had Salzburg playing great stuff and has been excellent at Gladbach too.

No.

I made it clear "IF WE WERE SMART" - we could use £200,000,000 of the hypothetical Kane money the guy was suggesting we would get, sign KEY positions and a striker who can score goals and we could well end up better.

But also made it clear in the exact same post - "But we don't buy smart"

You're not getting that money for Kane. A player who misses a chunk of the season every season, who won't have re-sale value since he's no longer a young player and who has clearly declined from a few years ago.

The best version of Kane has come and gone. He plays like he has a piano on his back now and has for at least 18 months. This means it is more likely than before that he will stay at Spurs because the demand is not there. For years he was Man United's dream signing but why would they go for him now. They've got Rashford, Martial and Greenwood all buzzing and with more upside in their development. Similarly a few years ago Klopp was gushing over Kane and how ideal Kane would be for Liverpool. But now Kane wouldn't get in their team. He is not physically up to it in pressing from the front anymore. Firmino doesn't score much but he contributes a lot. If Liverpool wanr to upgrade on Firmino they are looking at Haaland or Werner.

That injury at Bournemouth coupled with his premature return was the beginning of the decline. It has turned him from an all round elite striker who could create for himself and others, ran the channels, take opponents on 1v1 and dominate CBs into a glorified battering ram.

I never thought I would say this but for his own sake I think Kane should go to Manchester City.

For years we have played this boy week in week out. Hardly ever getting subbed until eventually he breaks.

Contrast that with the rotation at City and the willingness/ability to spend money on back up players.

Ultimately I think it would be a win - win situation. We get funds we desperately need and Harry gets a better chance of honours and I would imagine a much better chance to prolong his career.

I am basing this purely on a comparison to how he gets used and aguero. It’s ridiculous when you look at the stats how often they get subbed off. Kane is just run into the ground as we have no other option.

I never thought I would say this but for his own sake I think Kane should go to Manchester City.

For years we have played this boy week in week out. Hardly ever getting subbed until eventually he breaks.

Contrast that with the rotation at City and the willingness/ability to spend money on back up players.

Ultimately I think it would be a win - win situation. We get funds we desperately need and Harry gets a better chance of honours and I would imagine a much better chance to prolong his career.

I am basing this purely on a comparison to how he gets used and aguero. It’s ridiculous when you look at the stats how often they get subbed off. Kane is just run into the ground as we have no other option.
Man City and Liverpool can do better than Kane. Kane's best bet is Manutd if he wants to go or abroad. But even Manutd would be trying to strengthen other positions rather than up top where they have pretty good players.

Back
Top Bottom