Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Impressed with him yesterday. This end of season run should tell us a lot about KWP. Southampton face strong sides in United/Everton/Sheffield where he'll be tested defensively and in different ways; also games vs Brighton and Bournemouth where I'm sure he'll have some license to get forward.

Of course it's a reasonable question, I haven't said it wasn't.

I'm saying it's complete speculation for anyone to claim that had he have been loaned out sooner then he would have developed faster/early/better. What we do know is he's playing well today, and that's a product to his development at Hotspur Way. Ther is no other development other than this in his career to date.

He might have played sooner...we don't know. We will never know because it didn't happen. So the point is if you read my first post is everyone is speculating on the fact that he's wasted the past 3 years of his development.

It's successful (and that's actually way to early to claim and something I'm NOT claiming at all) if he's playing well today in the minutes he's been given.

LOL... You are an absolute nightmare! ..... You and I are on directly opposing sides of the exact same coin, but you're refusing to conceed that coins even have 2 sides.

He's played like 2 games for Southampton. They all look good right now, good form, solid and easy system. He needs a full season out on loan to prove himself before we take him back and make him first choice or count on him for the first team. Or if we refuse to buy a right back, I guess he could get a chance as a starter ahead of Aurier next year... I mean it can't get much worse, right?

You have absolutely nothing to back that up to other than speculating that he was ready 2 years ago.

We do know that he's playing well (still too early to be conclusive) during his first loan. Meaning he's ready now and that's testament to his development at Spurs not in spite of it.

My point was that YOU have nothing to back up your statement: "The entire point is that if he's playing well then his development has been right for him. It's successful, not unsuccessful."

The point I am trying to make and all the proof I need is in YOUR statement already. I'm making a rhetorical/logical point about YOUR statement.

He could have been ready for years but merely been stagnating. YOU have no proof that he was not ready then and is only ready now. You are making assumptions that he's done any development at all in the last few years. That is the only point I'm trying to make.

LOL... You are an absolute nightmare! ..... You and I are on directly opposing sides of the exact same coin, but you're refusing to conceed that coins even have 2 sides.
Concede what exactly?

I have acknowledged that he could have developed faster/quick/better. But NO ONE knows of this to be true, because it didn't happen. It's therefore speculation. The claims that he wasted the last 'x' years at Spurs because he didn't go out on loan is based on speculation, because he didn't go out on loan.

If he's playing shit at Southampton then is the time to pipe up a lay claim that's because he wasn't loaned out sooner. But if he's playing well now then there is no need to speculate anything, on the contrary just praise and enjoy the fact that having spent 'x' years at Hotspur Way he's now playing well on loan.

Poch's record across Southampton & Spurs is littered with you'd players playing. You wanted him to play more, you thought he should have played more, fine but his record speaks for itself.

Yea, have to point out that this is total baloney here.
Poch didn't play academy kids / youngsters whenever possible.

Throughout his whole time with us, there was ONE player who got significant minutes from youth setup and was promoted to senior side - Harry Winks. This is poor track record and say what you will about Mou - he has matched this already with less than half a year with bringing Tanganga to main squad.

Concede what exactly?

I have acknowledged that he could have developed faster/quick/better. But NO ONE knows of this to be true, because it didn't happen. It's therefore speculation. The claims that he wasted the last 'x' years at Spurs because he didn't go out on loan is based on speculation, because he didn't go out on loan.

If he's playing shit at Southampton then is the time to pipe up a lay claim that's because he wasn't loaned out sooner. But if he's playing well now then there is no need to speculate anything, on the contrary just praise and enjoy the fact that having spent 'x' years at Hotspur Way he's now playing well on loan.

If my analogy is lost on you as well as the basic diametric opposition of our respective claims, then I give up.

No hard feellings.

My point was that YOU have nothing to back up your statement: "The entire point is that if he's playing well then his development has been right for him. It's successful, not unsuccessful."

The point I am trying to make and all the proof I need is in YOUR statement already. I'm making a rhetorical/logical point about YOUR statement.

He could have been ready for years but merely been stagnating. YOU have no proof that he was not ready then and is only ready now. You are making assumptions that he's done any development at all in the last few years. That is the only point I'm trying to make.
My statement is backed up by virtue of the fact he's playing and playing well. Are you contesting this?

The fact that he wasn't played proves he wasn't deemed ready. The fact that he's on loan proves he isn't deemed ready. A player that's ready get's mins and player that's ready doesn't go out on loan.

Yea, have to point out that this is total baloney here.
Poch didn't play academy kids / youngsters whenever possible.

Throughout his whole time with us, there was ONE player who got significant minutes from youth setup and was promoted to senior side - Harry Winks. This is poor track record and say what you will about Mou - he has matched this already with less than half a year with bringing Tanganga to main squad.

Just off the top of my head:

Clyne 22yrs old
Jay Rod 21yrs old
Gastón Ramírez 22yrs old
Wanyama 22yrs old (@Saints)
Ward-Prowse 18yrs old
Jack Cork 23yrs old
Lallana 24yrs old
Callum Chambers 18yrs old
Luke Shaw 17yrs old
Nabil Bentaleb 19yrs old
Harry Kane 20yrs old
Harry Winks 20yrs old
Ryan Mason 23Yrs old
Dele Alli 19yrs old

Just off the top of my head:

Clyne 22yrs old
Jay Rod 21yrs old
Gastón Ramírez 22yrs old
Wanyama 22yrs old (@Saints)
Ward-Prowse 18yrs old
Jack Cork 23yrs old
Lallana 24yrs old
Callum Chambers 18yrs old
Luke Shaw 17yrs old
Nabil Bentaleb 19yrs old
Harry Kane 20yrs old

Harry Winks 20yrs old
Ryan Mason 23Yrs old
Dele Alli 19yrs old

= Not Poch.

= Not Poch.
He played them mate, made them mainstays. I have made no such claim about debuted from the academy etc. I clearly stated and only made reference to "Young Players" in my post. If someone wishes to build a strawman around debut from an academy then go ahead. It's about him being a manager that has a track record of not being afraid to play young players. Those players listed prove this to be the case unless you want to argue that fact for another 10 posts that it's not and he never played these "young players".

He played them mate, made them mainstays. I have made no such claim about debuted from the academy etc. I clearly stated and only made reference to "Young Players" in my post. If someone wishes to build a strawman around debut from an academy then go ahead. It's about him being a manager that has a track record of not being afraid to play young players. Those players listed prove this to be the case unless you want to argue that fact for another 10 posts that it's not and he never played these "young players".

The core of the post you responded to was:

"there was ONE player who got significant minutes from youth setup and was promoted to senior side - Harry Winks."

You didn't offer an alternate premise for your list so it's only logical I interpret your list the way I did.

"there was ONE player who got significant minutes from youth setup and was promoted to senior side - Harry Winks."

You didn't offer an alternate premise for your list so it's only logical I interpret your list the way I did.

66 of Ryan Mason's 70 Spurs games came under Poch so I think it's fair to count him. Was benching Dembele for periods in the first Poch season.

66 of Ryan Mason's 70 Spurs games came under Poch so I think it's fair to count him. Was benching Dembele for periods in the first Poch season.

He's a twat, but it's not fair to deny it was Sherwood who put his balls on the line for those lads; not Poch.

Read my post again and read the post I was responding to and the one before that. I made reference to "young players" these are the ONLY words I used to describe the point being made. Any other description used is of another poster, not me.

Seriously this place has become a fucking Court Room, I'll be sending out for the lawyers next to forensically go through the wording of every sentence ever written.

He's a twat, but it's not fair to deny it was Sherwood who put his balls on the line for those lads; not Poch.

In Mason's case he spent that season under AVB/Sherwood on loan in League One. I don't know if Sherwood put a word in for him but it was Poch who made him a first team player and when you hear Mason speaks he's very grateful for him because at that point in time he was already 23 years old and expected to be sold.

Read my post again and read the post I was responding to and the one before that. I made reference to "young players" these are the ONLY words I used to describe the point being made. Any other description used is of another poster, not me.

Seriously this place has become a fucking Court Room, I'll be sending out for the lawyers next to forensically go through the wording of every sentence ever written.

Perhaps, I was mistaken, but my interpretation of your list was perfectly logical, fella....

Dembele was more of a bit part player in his early years at Spurs - we couldn't figure out where to play him best.

Poch started off at Spurs mainly using the likes of Capoue, but within first couple of months changed to a Mason/Bentaleb partnership for almost all his first season. Dembele played sometimes as RM.

But Mason was about 22/23 before Poch arrived so borderline if he was a youngster

Back
Top Bottom