Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not even close.

Moura with 53% pass success vs Son's 85%.

Son with above average ratings compared to all the players that played.. but Moura with well below average stats.

Source:https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1376263/Live/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Tottenham-Everton
As much as I love stats, there are so many important thing those numbers don't account for. For example, there's no stat for the fact that Kane made the highest number of genuinely impressive passes in the match, despite having a nominally lower overall accuracy.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

:mourweird:

I'd be livid if I was an Everton fan, everything that's wrong with modern footballers who are happy to collect colossal wages that they don't earn and don't deserve.

The scenes at the final whistle where they were all having a laugh and a joke with our players having served up that insipid performance made me angry.

As for us, we were shit but slightly less shit than them, I suppose we have to give credit that our players felt like putting a few tackles in and running around a bit....

was still dross to watch and would have lost to anyone decent
Shouldn't worry you, you do hate them after all. :freund:

I'm still convinced my stream was running unbelievably slow throughout and that no game of football could be that slow paced in real life.

Was like playing Matchday 2 on a spectrum.
Matchday 2.. that's a name I haven't heard in a long long time....

Used to spend endless hours playing my brother as kids sharing the old rubber keyboard on the ZX spectrum.

I was on Q,W,A,S & D he was on O,P,J,K,N

This was the Sheffield United match but we got a lucky goal and didn't shit our pants at the back. Nothing else of note, unfortunately.

I understand posters on here saying the result is all that matters, but A) it’s not remotely entertaining, and B) there’s no evidence that this approach will be successful long-term.

They didn’t exactly look fired up, which seemed to be the one thing Mourinho wanted after the last game.

Did we make Everton look bad or did they just descend to our level

If I was going to be super positive I'd say Jose did the right thing using Toby not Dav. Everton had no pace but Calvert Lewin is a big typical Target man so we nullified there set piece threat and stopped them lumping it up.

We doubled up on Richarlison and kept Aurier back in our own half so he didn't leave so much space.

The worry tough was because we didn't push the fullbacks up and all 3 bar maybe winks in the middle played poor we didn't look like we was ever a threat either

Back
Top Bottom