Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1sTOyhR.gif

I am seriously optimistic about our chances in this match and against Woolwich.
My mood changed when the nice people here gave me some calming drugs and put me in a jacket which is too small for me. Now they are taking me back to my lovely room with the small window..

All this exciting attacking football is all well & good. But we need to be more cautious.

Last edited:
Tough to ignore what Carragher said a while back, that as a unit, we seem to have ‘expired somewhat’. That was with Poch, and obviously applies to a lot of the players we have today.

I liken it to Liverpool, when they came so close to winning the league, the road from then on is very tough. Players who were so close to reaching the ultimate goal (as we were with the PL, the CL and perhaps one/two domestic trophies) find it hard to pick themselves up and go again, with nothing to show for their efforts.

Despite the win today, it just seems there is a bit of a rotten core. Not necessarily blaming the players and not saying it is a conscious thing. A few percent less effort can and does make the difference.

Mourinho has inherited a bit of a broken team. The job on his hands is very tough, and without funds, it is not his domain. We were abysmal tonight, and I love 3 points as much as the next guy, but if you put it into context, something needs to change.

We have players on that bench who aren’t getting a sniff. What must they be doing so wrong that the players on the pitch are doing so much better?

Did anyone notice last night when I think it was LoCelso was fouled a few yards outside the box. The ball broke to Sissoko - and normally you'd expect the ref to play advantage, as Sissoko was in a good position with options to pass the ball. The ref clearly saw who the ball broke to, and decided it was no advantage and blew for the freekick.

Back
Top Bottom