Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

good 3 points for us but the football was crap the aurier lucas and sissoko all good runners but none good at ball handling at all that side need to balance off winks showing for the ball alot and not getting it especially that side so he cannot push de ball foward.

I actually think Hugo’s reaction as captain was spot on!

After the defensive shit-show vs SU - now every player knows you can’t. just jog back and leave your runner

Boring game but I am happy with the win and clean sheet. I do believe we are slowly heading in the right direction.

As for Ndombele not playing, I think he's done. There was no reason to not give him a run out at all.

We have only had 6 clean sheets all season, 5 of those have come under Jose.

Yes, we were shit again tonight but what I witnessed tonight is certain players standing up and showing that they are determined to fight to get this club back to where it belongs.

It's boring tedious football but if it wins us a trophy next season I couldn't give a fuck.

Lucas not good? Where you watching the same game. He run his butt off and probably put in more tackles than anyone on the field.

Out off the those 3 he was the best but again when he doesn't have space to run into he's pretty useless.

Next season if we can get Ndombele to run and replace Sissoko and get an actual attacking RB in who can maybe cross I'd keep him there because he still shits players up with his pace and close control

Overall though I reckon Berg will prove to be there better player

We're dodgy at the back and got a clean sheet, it's clear we have problems creatively and a few of the players weren't at it tonight in what amounts to a glorified training game. Dry up tbh.

And that’s ok with you? They haven’t been “at it” for well over two years. I’m not going to get carried away over “a glorified training result” from people clearly not doing their job properly.

Pros:-

- We nullified Everton. They were poo, but they’re a side on decent form and we afforded them very few chances.
- Toby and Dier worked. That HAS to be our starting CB pair for now. We all have a fondness for Sanchez, but Toby’s experience and passing ability make him a must.
- He wasn’t great, but Davies was good following his piss poor display at Sheff U. A model pro if not a top player.
- Both winks and GLC were pretty good.
- I liked Lloris calling Son out personally. Maybe not publically but no issue with the captain calling out unacceptable effort on occasion

Cons

- SOOO boring
- We definitely lack an attacking identity. The top 3 were all poor (I saw people throwing Moura under the bus but he was no worse than Kane or Son, and pressed the best as he always does).
- Sissoko just cannot pass a ball. It’s beyond laughable. I can see the odd game where he can be useful, Fergie deployed Park is special circumstances to nullify a top player (albeit Park was better technically) but he can’t be our answer in CM
- I was slightly concerned by the lukewarm response to our goal. Only Aurier seemed overjoyed that we’d scored. I might be reading a little too much into it but I don’t think ours is a particularly happy side to play for right now

I’ll take a win of course but I can’t watch that every week. You can talk about Kane leaving because we can’t win trophies, but he’s much more likely to leave with that sort of performance every week to be honest. He won’t enjoy playing in a side like that.

Who's fucking idea was it to get Tim Cahill on the show? Matched the game I agree but I’ve seen more personality in a wheelie bin..

They needed someone who could actually manage to be more mediocre than the match itself.

There should have been a helpline number to call at the end of the game for anyone who'd been affected the turgitidy of the match they just witnessed. I like to think the hold music will be by the Lighthouse Family.

Lucas not good? Where you watching the same game. He run his butt off and probably put in more tackles than anyone on the field.
Wow he ran around a lot holy shit give him the Ballon d'Or.

I also don't give a shit how many tackles he made because he's not a fucking DM. He killed more Spurs attacks and bouts of possession with his poor decision making than Everton did.

We have only had 6 clean sheets all season, 5 of those have come under Jose.

Yes, we were shit again tonight but what I witnessed tonight is certain players standing up and showing that they are determined to fight to get this club back to where it belongs.

It's boring tedious football but if it wins us a trophy next season I couldn't give a fuck.
we ain't getting there anytime soon bud.

Awful awful.
I’d rather lose 4-3 than watch that utter utter shite

I would rather watch boring tedious football and win a major trophy than watch us play amazing football and constantly miss out on the most important thing in competitive sports, which is silverware.

People who try and convince others that silverware is secondary to entertainment are the kind of people who want to give everyone a participation medal.

Terrible game featuring 2 terribly poor teams. On the plus side we won, I thought Toby & Dier looked good, Winks was decent as was Gio, but this is not the type of football you want to see your team playing. We need to be much better if we hope to beat Woolwich on Sunday
Dier looked great. If he can stop his brain from falling out of his ass once every three matches he'd be a solid CB. But he's 26 so really he should have corrected the mental lapses by now.

Back
Top Bottom