Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I stumbled across McKennie playing for the USA a few years back and was incredibly impressed. He must have been no older than 19 or so at the time and he was so cool under pressure and so strong in midfield, great height and physique for that position.

But I have never really been blown away by him whenever I've watched Schalke. He's had some good games but more often than not, fails to truly impose himself or impress me. It could just be because Schalke for the most part have been relatively poor and he's still very young - but I don't know how I'd feel if we spent money on McKennie to end up being one of our first choice central midfielders. I just can't help but feel Levy just wants that big USA star.

Very versatile though.

He's played CM, RM, CB, DM, AM, and ST over the last few seasons.

The other guys on the US team are far behind Pulisic, that being said McKennie, Tyler Adams and Josh Sargent have the most potential from what I've seen. McKennie having to play all over the pitch for Schalke shows that he is versatile and skilled but he needs a step up where he can develop in a consistent position with better players around him. He's also allot better going forward then as a defensive midfielder. As much as I'd love to see a US player on Spurs I doubt if Mckennie could get into our starting 11 right now.

Really like Castagne.

Atalanta winning 4-1 currently, he's got an assist for their 3rd.

Really good runner.

I don't know if it is because Brescia sucks or Gasperini's style but Atalanta is a fun team to watch. I imagine we would give up too many goals to the top teams in the EPL but you certainly wouldn't get any complaints about boring, negative football from the fans.

Castagne looks good but watching him it is a little tough to see if he would be a good fit at RB with how often he is able to move into the middle of pitch due to the way they play. But to me he passes the eye test in the short time over the past few weeks I have watched him play.

I do not understand anything from Tottenham's perspective. In that case, it must mean that Dier or Sanchez are on their way out. Need a left-footed Vertonghen replacement first and foremost.

Well it ain't Dier on his way out but he is right about Verts needing replacing.
But is it just opinion?

Or is it Ajer to Spurs?
I'm in favour of Ajer.

I do not understand anything from Tottenham's perspective. In that case, it must mean that Dier or Sanchez are on their way out. Need a left-footed Vertonghen replacement first and foremost.

Well it ain't Dier on his way out but he is right about Verts needing replacing.
But is it just opinion?

Well we've been linked for over a year.

But is it just opinion?

Or is it Ajer to Spurs?
I'm in favour of Ajer.

Foyth and Jan will be leaving, Toby, Dier & Davinson will probably stay although in all honesty only 2 of the 3 are required if it means making space for important fresh blood.

Back
Top Bottom