Kim Min-Jae

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So is this transfer actually happening?

Incredibly uninspiring if this is the case. £1billion spunked on the new multi sports and entertainment complex so we can attract some oaf from the chinese league?

Oh my days!

I didn't say bale was [on his way] out by the time he came good whatever that means.

Your exact words: "he was on his away out of spurs too before he clicked"

Ooops!!! :adethumbup:

You think modric had no top level experience when we bought him? Really?!

Where exactly in the grand scheme of things do you rate the Croatian league?

Bale for 5mill or whatever when he was one of the best young players in the country

Oh please; stop this....

7m punt on a prospect was a decent sized punt for us in 2007... Our trf record was only about 15m at the time!

is not a punt of the level 15mill for a player that's only performed well in China.

Well this pissing contest isn't about merely economically comparing KMJ to Bale....

My message is/was (and remains) simple.... Just because some punts don't pan out it doesn't mean that we should never make such signings.... As I've already said both our best EPL teams were built on such foundations.

I'm not 'hankering' for a big money signing - I've suggested why not use the 15 mill towards a more established, experienced and higher quality player like koulibaly, who we've been linked to. If it's both then great but you know as well as I do that wont happen. It's luck at the end of the day, and we've had our hands burnt at either end if the scale.

Sorry, I referenced the wrong player.... Point still stands though..... "Why not buy X instead" was your kick-off point, so most of this back-and-forth seems a bit arbitrary tbh.

I'm going to jump in here and just say that Bale was a highly rated youngster (18) when he signed for Spurs.
However he was still a punt. Any young player is a punt (especially one playing in the Champo), you never know how or even if they are going to develop.

True, but he was definitely considered to be a star in the making. United were desperate to get hold of him.

Much like Sessegnon, so I take your point.

Funny how people are complaining about past “punts” not working out. The whole idea of a “punt” is that the player will quite possibly be shit.

Indeed and the more on spends on said punt; the more faith one perceivably has that said punt will come good.

not to the mention the huge names after him. that was a golden era for croatia and just about anyone knew modric. Kim jae looks decent but it's a huge step up in the premier league
Massive step up.
South Korean pockets clearly, must be, the driving force behind this farce

giphy.gif

Massive step up.
South Korean pockets clearly, must be, the driving force behind this farce

giphy.gif

How so John? He's a full international who by all accounts has always impressed on the international scene. Sought after by a few European clubs also by all accounts.

We don't have enough cash to spend just for marketing if we are seriously after him it's because we will think he can do a job for us

Back
Top Bottom