Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few points :1) his celebrating will make him look like his pulled off a miracle. He always lowers the standards to make him look good. 2) he makes good players and teams look crap. 3) why does everyone think if levy backs him performances and style of play will improve? 4) what would his tactics be if we needed a win? 5) it’s ok watching on tv when we win but play crap but if that is the norm and we have 60k fans in the stadium would “ hanging in style of football” against crap team go down well? 6) we played a palace team on free fall nothing to play for and we needed to get a result but we played absolutely crap. You’d think it was the result needed eas the other way round! 7) I’m fed up with having to watch us grind out results against teams that are generally crap and we play like the underdog! If we are a top club with top players we need to play like one. Are we ever gonna take the game to the opposition? 8) he contributed to play sissoko and Aurier when everyone else could see they were the weak links. He chose them when there are other players he could have tried.
many more points could make but giving this guys loads of money will not gaurantee any up tick in style and performances.

You sure?
league.jpg
We could outscore those teams below us under Sherwood but we could hardly beat any teams above us except Everton.

We got the result we needed. Isn't that the most important thing?
I cannot stand watching Sissoko and Winks. These 2 can be replaced by Hjobjerg and let's have another creative CM.
Contact Watford for Dacoure and Bmouth for Wilson. Choose a RB or two, sell the rubbish and let's get this football club back where we belong.
Would United, Liverpool, Chelski or even Woolwich be happy with a draw against A team that has lost the last 7
Last 7

People who think the game is about entertainment are mentally weak, the type that believe in participation medals, the game is about winning, doesn't matter how you do it.

Anything less than a trophy under Mourinho during his tenure is unacceptable as far as I am concerned. Of course a big part of this comes down to the sort of transfers he is allowed to get in though.
So George Graham and Ramos were better Spurs managers than Redknapp and Poch?

- Under Jose, we went from 14th to 6th
- We have our Europa League spot guaranteed regardless of the FA final
- We are six games unbeaten: 2D, 4W.
- We only got one defeat after the break
- 14 goals in 19 matches for Harry Kane under Jose Mourinho

Jose wasn´t celebrating a great performance or a great season. We were pragmatic and we got what we needed. Simple as that. Stop with the inferiority complex, show some support and remember where we were before him.

miraculous...😅😅😅 we were only 3 pts of 5th place when Mourinho took over , only 2 pts behind man utd ....miraculous😅😅😅😅

With a squad full of injuries and in the worst possible form imaginable, we were literally heading backwards fast, anybody capable of critical thought could see that.

So yes, it is miraculous we managed to finish where we did considering the circumstances around the club.

Why do we always seem to play so shit after a break?

Very poor performance, really really hope sissoko isn’t starting for us next season. I’m ready to welcome Hojberg with open arms if it means sissoko doesn’t start.

Not going to go in to another Jose rant but he didn’t really adapt well in the second half, if he can’t see the need for Ndombele in games like this then we are doomed.

Can’t think of one time where we broke the lines building up from the back, nicking the ball cant be our only means of scoring.

Although glad we got Europe in the end.
Replace Sissoko with someone who can control the ball and that will free up GLC, as well as take the pressure of running back off the front. Really sad to see as I’ve defended Moussa a lot, but he was well and truly the weakest player out there today. His inconsistency is dangerous to a drilled team as nothing can be trusted to go through him.

sadly, the ‘highlight’ was when he let the ball run across him for no apparent reason outside the Palace penalty area and then had to chase after the Palace player next to him.

Quite relieved he pulled his hammy, tbh.

Rest were ‘meh’, but did enough. Don’t know why Dier let his man go from the corner.

It was an awful performance but there’s no way Woolwich can fuck us out of Europe.

until next season that’s all that matters. It was ugly but at least I’m not going to be crushed.

People who think the game is about entertainment are mentally weak, the type that believe in participation medals, the game is about winning, doesn't matter how you do it.

Anything less than a trophy under Mourinho during his tenure is unacceptable as far as I am concerned. Of course a big part of this comes down to the sort of transfers he is allowed to get in though.

I am not as concerned about entertainment if we play defensively and win great.

My main issue is that we weren't playing defensively and controlling the game we were holding on for dear life and have done the same thing in many games this year.

I have seen Jose teams play this style before but the difference was they weren't just defensive they were so good they could the control the game while playing that way, we are not close to that kind of team. We didn't hold on to the draw because of our superior play we got a little lucky that Palace did not score on the chances they continually produced in the 2nd half.

It's pretty clear that against teams like Palace we need a better DM that can allow our other midfielders to focus on attack. Hopefully Höjbjerg is the answer.

Thank god for EL, even if it is just qualifiers right now.

Both Sissoko and Winks could go and we would improve whoever Jose brought in. Neither of them would get into a top four squad let alone a starting eleven.

Two run of the mill Championship players, nothing more nothing less.

I never really felt like Palace were going to score, I don't think Hugo really had anything to do. The closest they came to a goal from open play was a bizarre deflection from a cross 30 yards away from goal.

As shit as we were on that shoddy corner, I still think we showed good solidity defensively. Zaha did almost nothing and we are much more compact than we were earlier in the season, opponents cannot just walk up to Hugo and get their shots away anymore.

Back
Top Bottom