Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will NEVER give up my ST. You on the other hand moaned about the cost and the football you might have to watch.

The club could do with less of your sort inside the stadium.
They have done absolutely fine with me for the past 30 odd years thanks very much.

Get the fuck fuck down from your white horse, having had an ST for 10 games (are you even into double figs yet?) has gone to your head.

Replace Sissoko with someone who can control the ball and that will free up GLC, as well as take the pressure of running back off the front. Really sad to see as I’ve defended Moussa a lot, but he was well and truly the weakest player out there today. His inconsistency is dangerous to a drilled team as nothing can be trusted to go through him.

sadly, the ‘highlight’ was when he let the ball run across him for no apparent reason outside the Palace penalty area and then had to chase after the Palace player next to him.

Quite relieved he pulled his hammy, tbh.

Rest were ‘meh’, but did enough. Don’t know why Dier let his man go from the corner.

Sissoko legitimately looks scared to get the ball. From his pointing, to his panic when gets it, to his watching the ball roll past him he looks like he wants nothing to do with having the ball at his feet.

Now, for the most part that is good because he sucks with the ball, but I don't see how a team with top 4 aspirations can repeatedly start a player that can't and won't play the ball. If he was an eilte level DM maybe, but he is poor at that as well.

I wonder if he shouldn't move to CB (not for us) at this point in his career. He is strong enough that he can muscle forwards off the ball and block shots. For a bottom level club like Palace or one of the teams coming up putting him in the middle of their defense and asking him to just block shots and muscle forwards could work as they park the bus against the big clubs.

I never really felt like Palace were going to score, I don't think Hugo really had anything to do. The closest they came to a goal from open play was a bizarre deflection from a cross 30 yards away from goal.

As shit as we were on that shoddy corner, I still think we showed good solidity defensively. Zaha did almost nothing and we are much more compact than we were earlier in the season, opponents cannot just walk up to Hugo and get their shots away anymore.

The header at the end from the Townsend free kick had a very good chance of going in.

The near penalty Sissoko had against Zaha was also concerning.

But yes thankfully Palace is crap so they didn't have a ton of grade A chances, but I am not sure that is much to hang our hat on.

With a squad full of injuries and in the worst possible form imaginable, we were literally heading backwards fast, anybody capable of critical thought could see that.

So yes, it is miraculous we managed to finish where we did considering the circumstances around the club.
What injuries did we have when he took over. This bollocks about injuries is just an excuse every team has injuries. You need to get on with it and stop whinging about “ can’t wait for July 1st”. It has no motivation for the rest of the squad. Also players now know if your a fave you’ll come straight back in regardless of how you have been performing. Why did lamela not come on today he normally puts it about a bit gets stuck in and does at least keep the ball. But no Ali had to come on!

Jose celebrating like mad

embarrassing
So boring. Terrible performance. Jose celebrating like we’ve won a cup. Depressing.
Laughing stock - absolutely fucking cringe!
Looks like Garth agrees with you!

Whatever people think, we were 14th when Jose took over. We finished 6th and in EL.
Good turnaround. Now let's see what he can really do.
Europa league may be piss compared to the CL but its a trophy we could win. And beggars cannot be choosers.
100% this... who are we to decide what trophy we 'deserve' to compete in?

We had our chance in the CL FINAL, and BLEW it... had we won, we might have an argument about what competitions are beneath us... but as it is, we can't be football snobs...
we weren't good enough to win that, but MIGHT be good enough to win the UEFA CUP (I'll take that right now!)

This is what you get with his tactics and his preferred players. Ndombele was cast off like the plague yet we have shit shows from 4 or 5 players every game .

I know his favourites are clear.Brought on Dele and Berg and we were worse.Playing a donkey like Sissoko is ridiculous he offers nothing really apart from a few dribbles with no end product.
We got outplayed but palace who had not scored in 4 game's.Ifvthis is what next season will bring I am worried
I have said this before but Jose has been very lucky with the lockdown as he played the last games with a full strength squad nearly.Without lockdown we finish in 10-13th in the league.

Jose took over when we were in 14th. We badly needed European football because without fans/matchday income, having no European money would have been a disaster.

This season was always going to be about pragmatism. We got where we needed and I'm extremely happy about that. Would've been nice to end the season on a high note but it hasn't been that type of year.

We now have a great avenue to trophies next season. We have funds and European football to attract players.

We did what we needed the second half of this year, next year will be about doing what we want.
Spot on.

Best post I've read on the subject in a very long while.

All you do is fucking moan. No chance you don't do the same in real life.

There was mention elsewhere of somebody wanting to move seats due to an angry middle aged wanker sitting next to them, I wonder....
This is a forum thick, not a football stadium. Now get off your high and mighty horse and suck Jose off for his beautiful football.

All part of the plan to brainwash Spurs fans into thinking hes working miracles and we should be delighted with a result like this. Just as he did with United’s fans. I really hoped our fans were better than to fall for it but I’m starting to have my doubts.
Starting to have your doubts? That's surprising (esp from you). My doubts started when folks were actually calling for him with more than ample evidence of what was to come. If he had won something this year we would have a full on split in our supporters.

Well played Jose, finishing 6th with the start we had & then the injuries. If we get a decent DM, a good RB and a back up number 9 we can be right up there again next year.

Back
Top Bottom