Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were 3 points off 5th mate let's not make it out as some miracle. We had injuries prior to him joining. We had the documentary prior to him joining. The pandemic was an absolute godsend for us, he was lucky to get to reset a season that was spiralling out of control.

Yeah, you can say he did solid job. But from 14th to 6th looks like there was some miracle to make up in points.

I GENUINELY don't get why we're not 'allowed' to celebrate... I dunno, maybe we should check in with the football authorities and fans of other clubs to make sure what we're allowed to celebrate, but from where we were when Poch left, to where we are this evening, is somewhat of an achievement... and after the last 5 months we've had, SORRY if I'm vaguely happy about something!

Getting into the CL is NOT the be all and end all of life, despite what SKY SPORTS want you to believe...

After the year we've had, right now, honestly, I'm happy with my lot.
We're in Europe, and in a competition we may yet have a chance of winning... that'll do me! Let's be happy about SOMETHING in 2020, eh?

Starting to have your doubts? That's surprising (esp from you). My doubts started when folks were actually calling for him with more than ample evidence of what was to come. If he had won something this year we would have a full on split in our supporters.

Whatever divide there is right now; it wouldn't have been made worse by us winning something... That's cobblers.

I GENUINELY don't get why we're not 'allowed' to celebrate... I dunno, maybe we should check in with the football authorities and fans of other clubs to make sure what we're allowed to celebrate, but from where we were when Poch left, to where we are this evening, is somewhat of an achievement... and after the last 5 months we've had, SORRY if I'm vaguely happy about something!

Getting into the CL is NOT the be all and end all of life, despite what SKY SPORTS want you to believe...

We're in Europe, and in a competition we may yet have a chance of winning... that'll do me! Let's be happy about SOMETHING in 2020, eh?
I heard Harry Kane and Jose hugged in the locker room after the match.

Complete fucking disgrace!!!!!!

:pocheyes:

Of course we are allowed to celebrate. Just ignore the moaners. They would moan about anything.

Sure Mourinho and the coaches were excited but it’s not been a normal year. They were stuck in a flat for three months away from their families during the pandemic. Maybe they just felt a rush of relief after going through that or were doing it for the Amazon cameras as they’d been asked to. Either way, we finished sixth and got a europa place. Not the target for the season but the target for today. That’s enough for me.

Yeah, you can say he did solid job. But from 14th to 6th looks like there was some miracle to make up in points.
It was, until you realise we had chances to overtake a Chav team that were on a worse run of form than we were under Poch and failed twice. Same for Man Ure

Mission accomplished, taking us from 14th to 6th in a season where we had injuries, turmoil, that poxy Amazon documentary to deal with and a pandemic disjointing everything gets my respect. It was tough, a grind but we end up getting out of the season with something to build on. Well done lads.
Thank God for that pandemic. We'd have been mid-table ...and no European nights at all, without it.

We were 3 points off 5th mate let's not make it out as some miracle. We had injuries prior to him joining. We had the documentary prior to him joining. The pandemic was an absolute godsend for us, he was lucky to get to reset a season that was spiralling out of control.

Yes, getting Son & Kane (& Sissoko?) back was a godsend.... Though you refuse to admit their injures were an issue.

Not a miracle but we ended up grinding something out of nothing which I’m absolutely fine with. The players had a crunch game today, it’s the first time for a while we saw them get over a line at the vital moment and whilst Europa isn’t great, I think it’s important for Spurs and I’m fine with the celebrations my man.

No. His tactics, man management, and style of play are outdated and shocking. Today's game sums up everything wrong with this narcissistic cunt. I am fully prepared to have this comment labelled as aged like milk in the future and I would love to be proved wrong but it's dire watching. Absolutely dire.

Yeah, spot on, mate

He arrived midseason and, with one transfer window, took us from 14th to 6th.

Just awful... absolutely shocking.

We just don't need this.

What we need is to continue dominating possession and have nothing to show for it.

We've won one League Cup in the last 21 seasons. Let's keep this going and hopefully we'll win another in 2041.

:mourthumb:

Back
Top Bottom