Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two fucking weeks in a row we depend on Chelsea to salvage some pride from this shit show of a season, just ain’t right🤦🏻.....please dear god Levy invest some serious money on top quality players before September and the 20/21 season begins, because if you don’t I think your time here might be numbered....the fans are about to turn unless you back your fucking manager and that manager can make it work...
As it turned out we only needed one but 2 would be better.

But nobody's saying that, it's just that we've been watching the human elephant and mr insipid for three years, so naturally people are saying give the kid some games, couldn't be any worse could it, that's not exactly hype is it?
I understand your point but you should take a little look at the Skipp thread and scroll back to some earlier posts.
Let's not pretend there has never been any hype.

Speak about scrapping over the line. Despite a bright and promising first 20-mins we were dreadful. And I really thought we'd have a good go today, lots of threat and goals. Shows you what I know.

Well, thank fuck that's over is all I can say.

Whatever people think, we were 14th when Jose took over. We finished 6th and in EL.

Good turnaround. Now let's see what he can really do.

Europa league may be piss compared to the CL but its a trophy we could win. And beggars cannot be choosers.
But I've been studying pretty hard under the tutelage of my sensei John Thomas John Thomas and I believe the correct answer here is that we shouldn't be 'beggars' at all and thus shouldn't be in this position in the first place and that only due to imposed penury and ill-timed last ditch investment do we find ourselves here. Forgive the run-on but you get my point.

Suck it Goat. And just to put you on the defensive, only a gooner troll would be happy with Europa. :levywhoa:

Last edited:
I am not as concerned about entertainment if we play defensively and win great.

My main issue is that we weren't playing defensively and controlling the game we were holding on for dear life and have done the same thing in many games this year.

I have seen Jose teams play this style before but the difference was they weren't just defensive they were so good they could the control the game while playing that way, we are not close to that kind of team. We didn't hold on to the draw because of our superior play we got a little lucky that Palace did not score on the chances they continually produced in the 2nd half.
We only need to sort a couple of slight adaptions apparently !!

i don't understand why mou abandon 4-4-2 after great performance against Woolwich.
We were able to win games because Kane has been so clinical past three games, but we produced less than 8 shots/ game since then.

Mission accomplished, taking us from 14th to 6th in a season where we had injuries, turmoil, that poxy Amazon documentary to deal with and a pandemic disjointing everything gets my respect. It was tough, a grind but we end up getting out of the season with something to build on. Well done lads.

Jose took over when we were in 14th. We badly needed European football because without fans/matchday income, having no European money would have been a disaster.
I'd agree from a start of the season perspective but Mourinho took us from 14th to 6th. Can't really argue with that.
But we were only 3 points from that when we were 14th so it wasn't that great an achievement.

Sissoko is worse than both of them. Did you not see him today? He has to be first out the door.
Nah, he's not top of the list for me.

Aurier

Dele

Sissy

That order.

We've already lost 10s of Ms on dele's valuation not selling him sooner.

Get him out. He's not interested in football anymore; should go and be an instagram influencer.

Mission accomplished, taking us from 14th to 6th in a season where we had injuries, turmoil, that poxy Amazon documentary to deal with and a pandemic disjointing everything gets my respect. It was tough, a grind but we end up getting out of the season with something to build on. Well done lads.
We were 3 points off 5th mate let's not make it out as some miracle. We had injuries prior to him joining. We had the documentary prior to him joining. The pandemic was an absolute godsend for us, he was lucky to get to reset a season that was spiralling out of control.

Back
Top Bottom