Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mission accomplished, taking us from 14th to 6th in a season where we had injuries, turmoil, that poxy Amazon documentary to deal with and a pandemic disjointing everything gets my respect. It was tough, a grind but we end up getting out of the season with something to build on. Well done lads.

losing all the deadwood will come out of it hopefully. Disappointing season far as I'm concerned

- Under Jose, we went from 14th to 6th
- We have our Europa League spot guaranteed regardless of the FA final
- We are six games unbeaten: 2D, 4W.
- We only got one defeat after the break
- 14 goals in 19 matches for Harry Kane under Jose Mourinho

Jose wasn´t celebrating a great performance or a great season. We were pragmatic and we got what we needed. Simple as that. Stop with the inferiority complex, show some support and remember where we were before him.

100%.

But I've been studying pretty hard under the tutelage of my sensei John Thomas John Thomas and I believe the correct answer here is that we shouldn't be 'beggars' at all and thus shouldn't be in this position in the first place and that only due to imposed penury and ill-timed last ditch investment due we find ourselves here. Forgive the run-on but you get my point.

Suck it Goat. And just to put you on the defensive, only a gooner troll would be happy with Europa. :levywhoa:

We were 3 points off 5th mate let's not make it out as some miracle. We had injuries prior to him joining. We had the documentary prior to him joining. The pandemic was an absolute godsend for us, he was lucky to get to reset a season that was spiralling out of control.
That's nailed it for me... Amazon, Zoom, Joe Wicks and JOSE were behind COVID-19.... they dreamt it all up to take advantage and coin it in!

Sure Mourinho and the coaches were excited but it’s not been a normal year. They were stuck in a flat luxury apartment for three months away from their families during the pandemic. Maybe they just felt a rush of relief after going through that or were doing it for the Amazon cameras as they’d been asked to. Either way, we finished sixth and got a europa place. Not the target for the season but the target for today. That’s enough for me.
Let's not kid ourselves, they weren't exactly being put up in the Nelson Mandela estate, Peckham !!

Should be taking the game to likes of these teams.

We can't, we have a central midfield pairing of Sissoko and Winks. Which is without doubt the worst central midfield pairing in the top 6-7

That's why we sit in and defend, that's why we play direct and bypass midfield on the break.

Don't forget Poch didn't win an away game in virtually an entire calendar year away from home playing "progressive".

We got the job done

What do people actually think man u and chelsea will do in the champions league next season?

We are three or so points of both teams, who have a better squad balance, and depth.
With a few additions, we will be a better team next season.
Jose's opening gambit was sissoko is not the ideal midfielder for how he wants to play.

What do people actually think man u and chelsea will do in the champions league next season?

We are three or so points of both teams, who have a better squad balance, and depth.
With a few additions, we will be a better team next season.
Jose's opening gambit was sissoko is not the ideal midfielder for how he wants to play.

I think Man Utd are over rated and have had a ton of help from VAR this season, they had their 14th premier league penalty today, and 6 in cup comps.
Don't think we are far off them at all.

Chelsea do worry me a bit, Timo Werner is top fucking draw.

But for me we aren't a million miles off top 4. We need a DM, a bit depth up top for when Kane or Son are missing and two quality fullbacks. I'd keep Serge and Davies but they need competition.

I understand your point but you should take a little look at the Skipp thread and scroll back to some earlier posts.
Let's not pretend there has never been any hype.

And for the record, I don't think there has been loads of "hype" it's mostly (the overwhelming majority) people saying boy looks decent and couldn't possibly be worse than Sissoko in a midfield, why not give him some more game time.

That's the overwhelming vibe. And with what we've been watching, I don't really think it's illogical.

Back
Top Bottom