Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Buzzing that we finished 6th and guaranteed Europa! Been to near enough all the major stadiums in champs league so was starting to get boring, hopefully we’ll get a nice plum away tie in Kazakstan or the Faeroe Islands in our group. YIDS!!!

Amazing.... Went a whole year; not once seeing the midfield we broke the bank for last summer:

GLC / DM / Ndombele

:llorishuh:

I think Today a good DM replacing Sissoko would have made a huge difference, the amount of times Sissoko loses possession with his poor touch usually in good attacking positions is unbelievable

The 14th to 6th comments are a little much when you consider what time of the season we were in 14th and the gap from 14th to 5th at the time was something like 3 points.

Now saying that we were in 14th and trending down is a true comment and that argument makes sense but blanket statements like he took us from 14th to 6th as though that simply is impressive are laughable.

We can't, we have a central midfield pairing of Sissoko and Winks. Which is without doubt the worst central midfield pairing in the top 6-7

That's why we sit in and defend, that's why we play direct and bypass midfield on the break.

Don't forget Poch didn't win an away game in virtually an entire calendar year away from home playing "progressive".

We got the job done
Do you think Watford might want Sissoko for Doucoure?

I think Man Utd are over rated and have had a ton of help from VAR this season, they had their 14th premier league penalty today, and 6 in cup comps.
Don't think we are far off them at all.

Chelsea do worry me a bit, Timo Werner is top fucking draw.

But for me we aren't a million miles off top 4. We need a DM, a bit depth up top for when Kane or Son are missing and two quality fullbacks. I'd keep Serge and Davies but they need competition.

Exactly, man u are a nothing team with out fernandes.

Chelsea are too top heavy, Frankie is neglecting the back five, Pep done that this season and they must be 20 odd points behind liverpool.

I think Today a good DM replacing Sissoko would have made a huge difference, the amount of times Sissoko loses possession with his poor touch usually in good attacking positions is unbelievable

Even with a great DM in there instead of Sissoko where are our chances coming from?

I don't think we had a single shot on net in the 2nd half or even anything close to a chance.

Maybe the DM breaks up plays and lets us move up the field faster but even if that happens who out there is creating anything offensively, especially when GLC was taken off so early?

The lack of DM is an issue but I think it also take focus away from the fact that we are woeful in the creativity department and have been for over a year now.

Do you think Watford might want Sissoko for Doucoure?

Fuck knows mate, all I do know is that Sissoko's performance today, particularly in the second half was one of the worst I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt from any player. The ball was just bouncing off him and he was putting our players under all kinds of pressure with some of his passing.

I tend to support Sissoko as he puts the effort in for the shirt, but there is no hiding that him and Winks simply aren't good enough to be the regular midfield pair in a club that wants CL football.

The 14th to 6th comments are a little much when you consider what time of the season we were in 14th and the gap from 14th to 5th at the time was something like 3 points.

Now saying that we were in 14th and trending down is a true comment and that argument makes sense but blanket statements like he took us from 14th to 6th as though that simply is impressive are laughable.
Yep. We were 5th before both matches against Chelsea and blew it. This hasnt been a solid working up the table over the course of a few months, the hard work was done.

Even with a great DM in there instead of Sissoko where are our chances coming from?

I don't think we had a single shot on net in the 2nd half or even anything close to a chance.

Maybe the DM breaks up plays and lets us move up the field faster but even if that happens who out there is creating anything offensively, especially when GLC was taken off so early?

The lack of DM is an issue but I think it also take focus away from the fact that we are woeful in the creativity department and have been for over a year now.

we need two in the middle a destroyer , think mascherano and a brain, a ballack, xabi alonso type, ndombele, should of been our player maker.

A least Jose has seen over the season, that Winks and Sissoko are not really up to the task, Winks maybe squad player.

Fuck knows mate, all I do know is that Sissoko's performance today, particularly in the second half was one of the worst I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt from any player. The ball was just bouncing off him and he was putting our players under all kinds of pressure with some of his passing.

I tend to support Sissoko as he puts the effort in for the shirt, but there is no hiding that him and Winks simply aren't good enough to be the regular midfield pair in a club that wants CL football.
Don't forget when he dummied even himself and then later pulled his hamstring swerving the ball. Totally amazing performance !
I think Winks made one forward pass but it may have been a mistake!

It's normally in good attacking positions play breaks down with Sissoko's horrendous touch, a good DM who can take the ball and pass it accurately forward would make a big difference.

Unless he was acting at the final whistle, it looks like José was too.

I'm very glad as we need to actually go for the EL this time.
I only saw the last 30 minutes but based on that, unless we buy a minimum of 2 players, probably 3, we are not going to win the EL. It's on the hands of the board and managment. We have most of the core on place. We can win it with a decent RB and no Sissoko but.......!
Mou seems to love Sissoko. I'm at a loss to understand it.

we need two in the middle a detroyer , think mascherano and a brain, a ballack, xabi alonso type, ndombele, should of been our player maker.

I think is it bus-conductor (apologies if wrong) that is in love with AC Milan but I would love to just take Kessie and Bennacer from them and have them as a deep lying two with GLC in front.

Kessie as the DM and Bennacer as a guy who can create from deep either with his passing or running ability are the two types of players that we need. It frees GLC to be more of a roamer that can come back when needed or join the attack which I think is best for him.

Back
Top Bottom