Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know what Poch would have done this season, no one does, we aren't mind readers. What is the point of even trying to guess? What's the point in doing that? He was sacked. He's not our manager.

Poch IN THE PAST found solutions when we had injuries, the proof is we got 4th, CL final and League Cup Semi all within one of the worst injury-hit seasons I can recall.
He’s not our manager he was sacked.
Yet you decided to laud him and compare what he did in the *ahem* “PAST“ to what Jose did now.

I responded to that. See how life works?

I won't complain about playing for a draw. But I Will complain about hum starting Dier again. Sanchez was so solid last matches, Dier is not better than him.

I thought the centre of defence was alright yesterday and that Dier played fine. We just had no midfield and every time we tried to build up, the ball went down a cul-de-sac on the wings and made its way back to the centre backs for the route 1 heave. The plan to sit back and handle the pressure is what it is, and not surprising, but it was just frustrating how ineffective we were when we had the ball.

No, the "record speaks for itself" was to point to finishing in the top 4, getting to a domestic cup semi and CL final whilst dealing with multiple injuries throughout the entire season, including his best players. I think this record is better than finishing 6th and not even getting into a quarter-final.
Hardly fair to compare the 2 just yet, when Jose took over the season had already started, and again getting to a final means fuck all unless you win it!

Sick of hearing this bollocks about entertaining and "progressive" football being better, both Redknapp and Poch played very entertaining brands of football, that won the square root of fuck all.

We used to take the piss out of woolwich for celebrating the 4th place trophy and an "entertaining" brand of football.

Entertainment for me is watching the team I love win and watching the club I love collect trophies because they are what counts in professional sports.

Give Jose a chance to try and win us silverware, if he doesn't fine, someone else can have a crack.

But for fuck sake stop going on about the "spurs way" and "progressive entertaining football" we haven't won a trophy in over a decade despite this amazingly "entertaining" football we have witnessed, if you find watching your club fall at the final hurdle over and over again enjoyable then that's your choice but I think I speak for a lot of long time spurs supporters when I say this, I want to see us actually fucking win something again in my lifetime and I couldn't give a shit how we do it.

Couldn’t agree more and I have echoed this statement quite a few times on here. I am honestly sick to death of Spurs achieving fuck all season after season and that’s exactly our achievements, nothing. Getting to that CL final was a great ride, but it wasn’t success and should never be classed as it. Getting to the final and bottling it, like the countless other finals and semi finals this club have managed to mess up in the last 20 years has been soul destroying. It’s created a bottling tag this club have carried around for years now and it needs to end.

Winning the league cup or Fa cup might not be as prestigious as it once were, but what it will do is get this monkey off our backs. Also what it will do is breed success. Once a set of players win a trophy, they are hungry for more and get that winning mentality to push for bigger honours. It will also keeps our top players like Kane. Win trophies most seasons, why would Harry want to leave? Spurs have never achieved success with this current team, so don’t know the meaning of winning.

Jose has been bought in to combat this and change this mentality throughout the club. Will it be pretty ? Probably not, but I couldn’t give a flying fuck anymore.

If Jose plays effective football and wins us the Europa next season for instance, I would be ecstatic. I’d even be bloody over the moon with an Fa cup or league cup. It’s pretty simple, this club are desperate for some silverware and need it ASAP. Let’s hope Jose finally delivers what nobody else has achieved here in recent times.

He doesn’t need to do both, and you just know that there will be people on here moaning if we finish 8th and win the EL !
That's not going to happen, if we are struggling next season and not challenging for a top 4 place, he's not going to get the chance to progress in the EL.

Hardly fair to compare the 2 just yet, when Jose took over the season had already started, and again getting to a final means fuck all unless you win it!
The comparison is being made solely for the purposes on who managed injuries better, I've made no other comment. It was also used by means of giving an example of what was being said.

It's clear that this also came into the discussion following Spurs/Jose benefited from the suspension of the league rather being hurt by it, which was a claim actually being put forward to which I wholeheartedly refute as utter nonsense, seeing that we got those injuries players back fit during that period.

It's also absolutely hilarious that you would now say it's not fair to compare them having heard all season long that "Jose should be judged at the end of the season" by his cult. I've made no attempt post-game to make comparisons or judgements as I have nothing to add to what I thought before and during his time at the club.

Getting to the CL final was one of the greatest moments I've had in the near 50yrs of supporting the club. It means loads to me, I loved the journey and I now have many brilliant memories that will live with me for the rest of my life. If you think it means nothing then I do have sympathy towards you and how you view football through your prism, it must be tough going.

The comparison is being made solely for the purposes on who managed injuries better, I've made no other comment. It was also used by means of giving an example of what was being said.

It's clear that this also came into the discussion following Spurs/Jose benefited from the suspension of the league rather being hurt by it, which was a claim actually being put forward to which I wholeheartedly refute as utter nonsense, seeing that we got those injuries players back fit during that period.

It's also absolutely hilarious that you would now say it's not fair to compare them having heard all season long that "Jose should be judged at the end of the season" by his cult. I've made no attempt post-game to make comparisons or judgements as I have nothing to add to what I thought before and during his time at the club.

Getting to the CL final was one of the greatest moments I've had in the near 50yrs of supporting the club. It means loads to me, I loved the journey and I now have many brilliant memories that will live with me for the rest of my life. If you think it means nothing then I do have sympathy towards you and how you view football through your prism, it must be tough going.

But that’s the difference between a supporter like you, who is happy with achieving nothing, to a big time supporter that wants and feels success is actually winning trophies. You never hear a Chelsea fan or a Liverpool fan for instance say how unbelievable that season was and how fantastic it made me feel when we come runner up in the CL. Yes we all know the run to the CL was fantastic. You don’t have to remind me when that Moura goal went in, I cried tears of joy, but at the end of the day that CL was a huge disappointment because we completely bottled it in true Spurs style in the final. All I’m reminded of now of that CL is heartbreak and how Liverpool went onto win Major honours, whilst we remain the losers. Maybe you are happy with constantly being an ultimate loser and having a good cup run, but some of us are sick to death of it. We now have a manager who wants to change that. A true winner who will do everything to bring trophies to this club. You carry on reminiscing about a final we bottled. Us supporters of Jose and the club are looking forward to hopefully Jose bringing real success to this club.

He’s not our manager he was sacked.
Yet you decided to laud him and compare what he did in the *ahem* “PAST“ to what Jose did now.

I responded to that. See how life works?
The ONLY comparison made was to give examples of how he found solutions in dealing with injuries. I could have drawn on multiple other mangers all who have had injures this season, not moaned and wished the season would end and found solutions for their team. A fair number of those managers also beat us whilst experiencing said injuries to their players.

Why are you still protesting this? Again, rather make it about me why not put forward your argument that supports how well Jose dealt with the injuries this year, if that is indeed what it is you are trying to say.

Do you think the suspension of the season worked in our favour or against us?

Sick of hearing this bollocks about entertaining and "progressive" football being better, both Redknapp and Poch played very entertaining brands of football, that won the square root of fuck all.

We used to take the piss out of woolwich for celebrating the 4th place trophy and an "entertaining" brand of football.

Entertainment for me is watching the team I love win and watching the club I love collect trophies because they are what counts in professional sports.

Give Jose a chance to try and win us silverware, if he doesn't fine, someone else can have a crack.

But for fuck sake stop going on about the "spurs way" and "progressive entertaining football" we haven't won a trophy in over a decade despite this amazingly "entertaining" football we have witnessed, if you find watching your club fall at the final hurdle over and over again enjoyable then that's your choice but I think I speak for a lot of long time spurs supporters when I say this, I want to see us actually fucking win something again in my lifetime and I couldn't give a shit how we do it.
Most fans would tolerate this turgid brand of football if it leads to at least one trophy.

Should we be in the same position next season having won fuck all he'll be eaten alive

But that’s the difference between a supporter like you, who is happy with achieving nothing, to a big time supporter that wants and feels success is actually winning trophies. You never hear a Chelsea fan or a Liverpool fan for instance say how unbelievable that season was and how fantastic it made me feel when we come runner up in the CL. Yes we all know the run to the CL was fantastic. You don’t have to remind me when that Moura goal went in, I cried tears of joy, but at the end of the day that CL was a huge disappointment because we completely bottled it in true Spurs style in the final. All I’m reminded of now of that CL is heartbreak and how Liverpool went onto win Major honours, whilst we remain the losers. Maybe you are happy with constantly being an ultimate loser and having a good cup run, but some of us are sick to death of it. We now have a manager who wants to change that. A true winner who will do everything to bring trophies to this club. You carry on reminiscing about a final we bottled. Us supporters of Jose and the club are looking forward to hopefully Jose bringing real success to this club.
Thanks for the advice Mr "Big Time Supporter".

Stop worrying about me, don't be so concerned about how I support Spurs. I don't go to bed at night wishing I supported Chavs, Liverpool or Woowlhich I guess there's the difference between us laid out bare right there.

Thanks for the advice Mr "Big Time Supporter".

Stop worrying about me, don't be so concerned about how I support Spurs. I don't go to bed at night wishing I supported Chavs, Liverpool or Woowlhich I guess there's the difference between us laid out bare right there.

Nope, you go to bed wanking over us losing a CL final. I go to bed hoping and praying my club start to achieve proper success, so I can actually finally see Spurs win stuff. That’s what I dream about, Spurs lifting silverware. I don’t get all excited about a cup run and a trophy we bottled son, that’s the difference

The big problem arises if turgid football doesn't bring trophies.

I think fans will tolerate either entertaining football without trophies or boring football with trophies.

The big problem arises if turgid football doesn't bring trophies.

I think fans will tolerate either entertaining football without trophies or boring football with trophies.
I agree but think that needs to be deliver champions league at least and a trophy added on would be better. No way would a league cup win and mid table be enough for our owners and for once i'd agree with them.

Nope, you go to bed wanking over us losing a CL final. I go to bed hoping and praying my club start to achieve proper success, so I can actually finally see Spurs win stuff. That’s what I dream about, Spurs lifting silverware. I don’t get all excited about a cup run and a trophy we bottled son, that’s the difference
Sweet dreams Mr "Bigtime Supporter"...................

source.gif

Sweet dreams Mr "Bigtime Supporter"...................

source.gif

To right mate. I want this club to win trophies. You are clearly pretty happy seeing the club have a few “exciting “ cup runs and bottle the finals. Difference between a supporter that’s happy with mediocrity and a supporter that wants the club to achieve a lot more than it has. Don’t need to cry about it dude.

To right mate. I want this club to win trophies. You are clearly pretty happy seeing the club have a few “exciting “ cup runs and bottle the finals. Difference between a supporter that’s happy with mediocrity and a supporter that wants the club to achieve a lot more than it has. Don’t need to cry about it dude.
You are the one crying about it. You are the one that has an issue about how I support my Club. I literally couldn't give two fucks about you.

You are the one crying about it. You are the one that has an issue about how I support my Club. I literally couldn't give two fucks about you.

would hardly class you as a supporter. You have not had a single positive thing to say about Mourinho since his arrival, so don’t get all high and mighty about you supporting that club.

Just out of interest, would you have swapped last season (CL final and top 4) for a league cup win and say, 9th place, and an early CL exit?

Not a loaded question, just interested to see other perspectives. For me, I wouldn’t.

I guess flipping it to the national side, would you rather win “nations cup” or get to a World Cup final? That feels a fair analogy.

Back
Top Bottom