Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

well yeh mate because this club are forever the bridesmaids but never the brides. If we are going to get to any more finals, then we need to go about bloody winning the thing. How many more times do we keep saying “ well we was unlucky , next time “ , it’s about time this club achieved proper success. Proper success and accomplishment is winning the final, not losing it.
Thats fair enough. I just think its very harsh on jose to call him a failure if he somehow manages to get us to a CL final.

You won't even bet on him winning stuff with me so I think you are all talk & are just waiting to turn him on. Fast forward 2 seasons & Jose gets us to a CL final. Then you bang on about what a failure that is & how it means nothing. & he has a loser mentality now.
No i won't because I have faith he won't fail. You need and want him to fail because if he wins anything with spurs he has done better then your god poch and you will then have to give the Enic stuff a rest.
You are not a spurs fan your a poch fan like many others
And as for betting I don't even know you how you going to pay me

I think its a bit pointless to guess if he will or will not succeed. He had 2/3rds of a season with a team that was spiralling downwards and weve finished in a respectable position compared to where we were when he joined. Now lets see how he does with a full preseason and some of his own buys. Until then lets focus on the bald bandit if he is going to give Jose the tools to succeed or fuck him over too at the wrong times.

No i won't because I have faith he won't fail. You need and want him to fail because if he wins anything with spurs he has done better then your god poch and you will then have to give the Enic stuff a rest.
You are not a spurs fan your a poch fan like many others
And as for betting I don't even know you how you going to pay me
If we lost the final obviously :kanehand:

I know some will disagree with me, but I do think he is what we need right now. He's likely only going to be here for a couple of seasons anyway, but he's got a reputation for winning things and a reputation for speaking his mind. He doesn't care if he ruffles a few feathers along the way.
I believe that if José can't win things here then nobody can whilst the club operates the way it does. If that happens I think he'll be honest with Levy about the reasons for that and Levy will have to make a choice on what he wants, success or profit. If he chooses profit there's going to be an awful lot more people jumping on the Levy out bandwagon.

Last edited:
I don't think it's remotely a given. But it's a possibility I'm hopeful for.
True. I'd be happy if we won a league cup playing scrappy football. But obviously that's not what levy wants or is why he brought him in on 15m a year. I think levy wants top 4 & ideally a cup to go along with it next season.

Can’t believe I’m getting involved in this...

could we not say that ‘getting to the CL final’ is the achievement and should be celebrated? Losing, no - but the relative achievement of being one of 2clubs in European leagues able to do so, at that point in time? Likewise, winning the LC in 2008 was also an achievement. Had they occurred in the same season and with the same players, then the comparison is relevant - otherwise, they are different achievements(or failures, depending on your views) and should not be compared?
GETTING TO is not a thing.
It doesn’t exist.
It has no conclusion.
It has no prize
It has no outcome

It’s as relevant as celebrating “getting to” the semi final.

Do you celebrate being top with one game left but fucking it up and coming second?

How small time is our fan base?

Thats fair enough. I just think its very harsh on jose to call him a failure if he somehow manages to get us to a CL final.
Getting to a final isn’t failing.
Poch didn’t fail by getting us to a final, because you can’t fail or succeed before the competition ends.
Poch failed when we lost.
If Jose loses it will be failure too.

It’s weird you think ENIC have been successful

True. I'd be happy if we won a league cup playing scrappy football. But obviously that's not what levy wants or is why he brought him in on 15m a year. I think levy wants top 4 & ideally a cup to go along with it next season.

So Levy has more ambition than you?

Fancy that.

Great post. To think that great night away to Ajax is already being used as a stick to beat us with & somehow turned in to a negative. & its crazy to me that if jose gets us to a CL final, some will see this as a failure & a negative. Jose would have done very well to get us to a CL final.
Who slagged off the Ajax win?
No one.
Celebrating the Ajax game isn’t the same as celebrating losing to Liverpool.

No one said getting to a final isn’t doing very well, they said losing the final isn’t an achievement.

It’s weird you think ENIC have been successful

ENIC have been successful raising the profile and financial strength of the club, and the overall quality and level of the football operation (the archaic blind spot of the chairman being a one-man transfer committee notwithstanding).

They've built a platform upon which success can be achieved, which is no mean feat, and all the bean counters of the club can do. Now it's time to actually achieve.

ENIC have been successful raising the profile and financial strength of the club, and the overall quality and level of the football operation (the archaic blind spot of the chairman being a one-man transfer committee notwithstanding).

They've built a platform upon which success can be achieved, which is no mean feat, and all the bean counters of the club can do. Now it's time to actually achieve.
I’ve only just this season started losing patience with ENIC and was willing for wholesale changes, but the record since the restart speaks for itself and the last few games gave a lot more hope.
I’ve been behind the owners and Levy most of the way and back Jose.

However I’m fully aware that they’ve made decisions that have held us back, from transfers to managerial changes, the biggest fuck up being firing Redknapp.

Off the pitch is great, on it not so much.
But anyone who claims that ENIC have held the club back and should go and have literally posted “ONE TROPHY IN 18 YEARS!!!!” a million times, doesn’t really have any right to sit here and claim that the club has achieved huge things in the last five years and that losing a cup final is to be celebrated.

Pathetic.

See the quote above. He said to be second is “Nothing”. All or nothing, not all or “GETTING TO”...he said NOTHING three times.....it’s all gone quiet in here, because there it is in black and white, which side of the argument Poch himself is on.
He’d probably want to slap these little mugs for patronising him and calling the worst night of his footballing career a great achievement.

When you see already since Monday big money deals getting done when we were led to believe that covid would call a halt to this is pure bollocks.
As a club we are doing what it has always done and that is gone into risk adverse mode, um and ah over pushing the club on with the profit this club makes is embarrassing.
I know people joke but I seriously think that levy is actually hoping to pick up the net spend trophy or greatest bank balance sheet award.

When you see already since Monday big money deals getting done when we were led to believe that covid would call a halt to this is pure bollocks.
As a club we are doing what it has always done and that is gone into risk adverse mode, um and ah over pushing the club on with the profit this club makes is embarrassing.
I know people joke but I seriously think that levy is actually hoping to pick up the net spend trophy or greatest bank balance sheet award.
Look we have a policy that we are self sufficient.
Other clubs spend money that’s not there’s.....it’s very easy to spend that way.

It bugs me so much. If we are down to the bones use youth. You have to give them a chance or what is the point in having a youth system.
Definately this season as we have been particularly poor & had many injuries. May as well have given a few younger players a run out. On the flip side it seems like we just aren't producing enough young talent. So maybe mourinho doesn't rate our youngsters which isn't surprising. Our youth is important to us as we can't compete with the big boys in terms of signing players. Our youth structure needs a rethink. We need to use the youth option more. 1 first teamer coming out of the youth academy every 3 or 4 seasons would be pretty good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom