Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it’s clear Mourinho is trying shore up the defense and stop us from conceding soft goals.. First Højberg and we’re linked with Skrinar and a new RB.

With Kane and Son up top and Stevie B and Lucas lurking, we’ll score plenty of goals. If we can keep more clean sheets and stop conceding so many goals, then I think we’ll be just fine.
I want to agree with all of this, but then I think back to Bournemouth where we couldn't even manage to get a single shot on goal.

I'm hoping PEH is the DM we're missing, that Jose lights a fire under Ndombele and gets him to realize his potential, and we address the back line.

If the pieces fall into place on the pitch, add Jose, we should be challenging for trophies. I'm anxious as hell to see where we are at the end of the transfer window.

I watched it today. Found it a real slog. Apart from his goal, I have to ask what else did he do? What did he create? I looked at his stats, and he only played 29 passes, which is not too hectic, is it? Just want to know specifically what people saw last night (or previously) that got their juices flowing. Help a brother out. Save me some time, etc.

I wish I could, but as I said, I've not been particularly bedazzled by Olmo, and I wasn't last night either, and god knows that RBL front line desperately needs all the craft it can get, because it's badly letting down the Nagelsmann process.

Ultimately I think their absolute dearth of attacking nouse is going to do for them against PSG.

The style he plays having two CB who can do a long ball is why he plays Dier (he's no Toby but better than most) - that's the reasoning behind it imo, he hopes to improve diers defending as he can't improve Davs passing

Why can he improve Dier’s defending but not Dav’s defending?

Do you really think he's involved in football for his love of Tottenham, rather than fattening his wallet. And profiting from the popularity of football. I mean, really.

I had you down as many things, mate. Both good and bad.

But naivety wasn't one of them.

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr

:avbcringe:
Levy is a businessman but he’s still a spurs fan john
That’s just a fact you will have to get used to.

And he probably never will.

Though getting a DM in there to prevent Dier from making continuous errors will help.
Maybe but easier to teach defending than passing. He is in the team for his long passes imo as the style Mourinho plays works better with two long ball CBs

I read somewhere that deal was costing them 35m over three years. I'd love to think that us competing for his signature helped push that figure to that ludicrous level. Hilarious if it did. I always liked Willian, talented, reasonably bright and hard working player but 35 fucking million at his age, on top of whatever the Luiz deal has cost them is bananas.
Especially amusing on the day Edu announces an investigation of overspending on Pepe, whilst their players revolt over Stan Walmart Kroenke ripping them off as well as sacking half the staff.
In addition, Willian's pompous social media diatribe about integrity and Chavski having disrespected him by not offering him stupid money for another 3 years underlined the stupidity and arrogance of so many footballers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-club-look-overhaul-recruitment-strategy.html

We won’t if Lo Celso is our only creative option in the middle, unless we just keep asking Kane to drop deep?

Can’t see Tanguy sticking around or even being given a chance if he does so we would need more in my opinion.

If Lo Celso gets injured and Tanguy goes/isn’t playing then transition will be our only means of attack. Which is what our problem has been this season.
My feeling is the defence and back up striker is Jose’s priority this window. Any No 10 type would be late in the window opportunist loan signing, Coutinho, or someone like that.

I wish I could, but as I said, I've not been particularly bedazzled by Olmo, and I wasn't last night either, and god knows that RBL front line desperately needs all the craft it can get, because it's badly letting down the Nagelsmann process.

Ultimately I think their absolute dearth of attacking nouse is going to do for them against PSG.
Skriniar has the look of a wardrobe with just the one wheel, by the way. He'd fit right in.

Back
Top Bottom