Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well he is a free transfer so 220k probably includes the hefty signing on fee spread weekly over the length of his contract

That's what makes me laugh when is read free transfer. There is nothing free about a free transfer
Ah, yes. You are right about the signing on fee being built into his wages. He's a useful player, but a 3-year contract? Can't get my head around it. Must be that flute, Joorabchian. How has he come to have so much influence over there?

The last time Gedson started in central midfield he touched the all 6 times in 60 minutes, it was probably the most inept thing I saw all last season, and that takes some fucking doing. Since then he's not been trusted anywhere near central midfield in most of his brief cameos.

I would love to get 40m for Winks, but I fucking hope it's not Gedson who we've got in mind as his replacement.
Or Skipp or Dele in the midfield can still play the short passes to the next nearest player like Winks does..Winks hasn't set any sort of a bar when it comes to performances in the central midfield

Gedson has been in the league for 6 months..too early to write a verdict on him although quite certain that Levy isn't going to make his move permanent

Btw, was someone else also bitterly dissapointed that we did not get Olmo watching his game in CL quarter-final ?

An excact replacement for Eriksen. Also young and relatively cheap. Could have forced Eriksen out for maybe 20 mil back then, added 10 mil and get this guy. And everyone would have been on the same page and fighting for the same thing since day 1 of the season... instead whatever this Eriksens first half of the season was. Olmo has up to now has scored 5 and assisted 1 for Leipzig within 880 minutes of football...

Mitchell bettered us once more with this one, didn't he :( . Bring him back or get someone as capable to do the scouting plz.

For whatever reason nobody bought him last summer - although I'd have been happy to, but with Ndombele and Lo Celso coming in another midfielder was unlikely.

I think Leipzig had sewn up the deal with Olmo so it was only a question of when in January he was going to move.

Spurs signed Bergwijn in January and I think he will be the same level as Olmo - he got 3 goals last season despite having a lengthy time out with injury.

Or Skipp or Dele in the midfield can still play the short passes to the next nearest player like Winks does..Winks hasn't set any sort of a bar when it comes to performances in the central midfield

Gedson has been in the league for 6 months..too early to write a verdict on him although quite certain that Levy isn't going to make his move permanent

Winks natural place is to play as an 8 with forward passes - that's what he was dooing in the Academy - but playing as a DM he will be sold to play it safe, so backwards and short passes is exactly what's he's being told to do.

Gedson is not being played as a DM so should have more expansive passing. Really didn't show anything much in his appearances to date and if anything seemed to be way off the pace (hence fewer touches of the ball). Think one of Spurs academy players such as Oliver Skipp or Harvey White would have made more of the opportunities than Gedson did

For whatever reason nobody bought him last summer - although I'd have been happy to, but with Ndombele and Lo Celso coming in another midfielder was unlikely.

I think Leipzig had sewn up the deal with Olmo so it was only a question of when in January he was going to move.

Spurs signed Bergwijn in January and I think he will be the same level as Olmo - he got 3 goals last season despite having a lengthy time out with injury.

Different players though.

Bergwijn - winger
Lo Celso - to what I have seen so far deep-lying playmaker / nr 8
Olmo - nr 10 / classic CAM
Ndombele - nr 8 or 10 ?

Well yea, guess Ndombele might be closest to Olmo...

Though it boggles me that last summer we brought two attacking midfielders and 0 defensive midfielders. And still to some extent it seems that both Lo Celso and Ndombele would best be played in nr 8 position and not together. That would mean that with Eriksen (10) and Wanyama (6) leaving... we replaced them not with 10 or 6 but two nr8'ths ? o_Oo_Oo_O fuck me, to who did this make sense?!?!
Or are we just filling positions with timelag and this was meant to fill the Dembele-shaped hole and we'll be replacing Eriksen and Wanyama now in this window :D :D ?

I wouldnt be happy if we'd signed a 32 yr old on a 3 year contract at £ 210k a week. That's insane. Looks like they're banking all on a short term fix to get back into the CL.
You're right but I don't think we have much of plan either. I think the future is pretty frightening for us.

Bugger all happening really. Given deals are usually weeks in the making and plastered all over print and social media for weeks beforehand i think its safe to say we wont be getting anyone for 2 or 3 weeks at least. Wouldnt be the slighest suprised if this is it when the season starts. Same old.

Season starts 12 September

International Transfer window closes 5 October

Domestic only window closes at 5pm on Friday 16 October (probably mainly only loans from Spurs to EFL clubs, so Spurs could use the youngsters for first few weeks of season to bolster squad numbers).

TBF season has only been finished for 3 weeks (and CL/EL still going on so those players not easy to sign) and the fact the season is due to start in just under a month simply reflects the very short break between seasons necessary to allow the 20/21 season to end in early May 21 to accomodate the delayed Euros 2020.

IMO we will be lucky to get in another 2 players before the start of the season and it would not surprise me if most clubs are doing a number of signings in September.

Different players though.

Bergwijn - winger
Lo Celso - to what I have seen so far deep-lying playmaker / nr 8
Olmo - nr 10 / classic CAM
Ndombele - nr 8 or 10 ?

Well yea, guess Ndombele might be closest to Olmo...

Though it boggles me that last summer we brought two attacking midfielders and 0 defensive midfielders. And still to some extent it seems that both Lo Celso and Ndombele would best be played in nr 8 position and not together. That would mean that with Eriksen (10) and Wanyama (6) leaving... we replaced them not with 10 or 6 but two nr8'ths ? o_Oo_Oo_O fuck me, to who did this make sense?!?!
Or are we just filling positions with timelag and this was meant to fill the Dembele-shaped hole and we'll be replacing Eriksen and Wanyama now in this window :D :D ?

Although in a beautifully ideal world, you can have both GLC and Ndombele as 8’s if we played a CM3 /433 for example.

We were heavily linked with Olmo early last summer

Now, according to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, Tottenham are closing in on a move for the 21-year-old.

As per MD, Spurs are offering €25m to Dinamo Zagreb for Olmo’s services. The report also claims that negotiations have advanced significantly in the last hours.

The same report from Mundo Deportivo also gives an update on Spurs’ pursuit of Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso.

MD claims that once Tottenham complete the signing of Olmo, they will move on to Lo Celso.

Tottenham are said to have made a €68m offer for Lo Celso, with Betis wanting closer to €75m.

The Argentine would play 46 times while on loan at Betis last campaign, scoring 16 and assisting six.

Betis then made Lo Celso’s signing permanent this summer, for a fee believed to be around £19m.

Definition of cunt:
_113939894_gettyimages-1266241324.jpg
I thought bog roll hoarding had stopped

Or because he’s a Spurs fan that built a Spurs academy and might find it mildly interesting to see it work and pay off?

Interesting how it’s called the cheap route by staying relatively grass roots and keeping football real and local. Actual kids from Tottenham can play for this club at the highest level.

Also interesting considering the one player nobody wanted to rest for the last five years is from the academy and considered priceless.
Do you really think he's involved in football for his love of Tottenham, rather than fattening his wallet. And profiting from the popularity of football. I mean, really.

I had you down as many things, mate. Both good and bad.

But naivety wasn't one of them.

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr

:avbcringe:

Back
Top Bottom