Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it is both of their stubborness that is "outdated."

For almost different reasons, Jose unwilling to change, Pep seeming to think he always has to change, both guys seem to be too stubborn to make the necessary changes to their approaches.

I understand that this often happens with successful coaches in all leagues, hell it happens with unucccessful coaches as well. But I think it is the stubborness that is each guys biggest flaws more than their tactics.
Stubbornness is the enemy of all managers.

Poch was a stubborn fuck. Cost him his job.

All these managers have great ideas, but seem fixated on one particular style.

We live in a world where people get bored of things very quickly. Demand for success is higher than ever. The other thing that doesn't get highlighted is that the sheer volume of analysis that goes on, people are trying to pick holes in tactical plans etc. You have to be flexible in this day and age otherwise you'll get found out very quickly.

Anyone who follows test match cricket will know, from the first ball a batsmen faces the opposition is planning some sort of trap to get one over. Sky sports do a 3rd man tactical analysis every 10 minutes FFS!

It's certainly harder now to play the same way and expect to win all the time.

This article has a lot of insight into Jose's thoughts about big name players and maybe how it relates to transfers. He is talking about how good he thinks Kimmich is, but the he drops this thought:

Asked if Kimmich should be seen as one of the best players in the world, Mourinho replied: 'I think so. I'm a team coach and not an individual coach, for me, the team is much more important than the individuals.

In other words, Jose isn't going to push to sign a guy just because he is thought of as a great player.

This article has a lot of insight into Jose's thoughts about big name players and maybe how it relates to transfers. He is talking about how good he thinks Kimmich is, but the he drops this thought:

Asked if Kimmich should be seen as one of the best players in the world, Mourinho replied: 'I think so. I'm a team coach and not an individual coach, for me, the team is much more important than the individuals.

In other words, Jose isn't going to push to sign a guy just because he is thought of as a great player.

I always thought that, as a team, we looked better with Jenas in it, than without. But people fucking hated him.

Yep,

Don't get me wrong, I agree 1000 % about Harry missing friendlies.
Just wondering how he, himself, would think of it.

The frustrating thing is Garreff could easily give the likes of Abraham & Rashford a good run instead, but likely won't....

Sterling / Kane / Sancho

Rashford
Abraham
Hudson-Odoi
Greenwood

We got nice depth now up front.

But Jose usually does his business early and I cannot see him in the last chance coral like Harry R
Maybe the £15 million a year salary has mellowed him a bit? Im just going by the Hart signing, although not the most exciting, no one except for stevee stevee had a clue it was going on, so hopefully Jose knows who will be in his squad when the season starts?

Back
Top Bottom