Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I´m not saying his time at United was good - I´m sure it´s the club Jose feels he achieved the least in his career.

But let me ask you:

"For United winning the EL and finished 2nd in the league is not considered winning". Fair enough. But then, why finishing 3rd in the league and not winning a single title for two seasons - going out in the semifinals of three competitions in a row, including the EL, is considered a improvement?

You see my point? It´s not about results. It´s the opposite. They justified bad results when they want to. And they don´t accept better results when they don´t want to.

Oh I don't think it is an improvement at all.

I think Ole is a poor manager and it was a terrible decision to keep him on for this past season. I fully understand having him come in mid-season and mop up for the rest of that year but keeping him was a dumb decision, likely based on him being both a popular former player and (seemingly) a very likable guy.

Oh I don't think it is an improvement at all.

I think Ole is a poor manager and it was a terrible decision to keep him on for this past season. I fully understand having him come in mid-season and mop up for the rest of that year but keeping him was a dumb decision, likely based on him being both a popular former player and (seemingly) a very likable guy.
I´m glad you don´t, my friend, but I was not talking about you.

I´m talking about United´s men in the press, Sky Sports pundits and writers, BBC headlines, etc. I´m talking about the ones that built the narrative against Jose.

After the game, Paul Scholes was telling their board to pay 110m for Sancho, claiming that´s "the only way" United will win things.

Last edited:
I´m glad you don´t, my friend, but I was not talking about you.

I´m talking about United men in the press, Sky Sports pundits and writers, BBC headlines, etc. I´m talking about the ones that built the narrative against Jose.

After the game, Paul Scholes was telling their board to pay 110m for Sancho, claiming that´s "the only way" United will win things.

The Scholes part was why I said "likely based on him being both a popular former player and (seemingly) a very likable guy."

I don't think it is so much against Jose as a lot of people don't want to say anything bad about a guy they all really like.

It's honestly a joke that United are willing to plunge such massive resources into their squad but are sticking with this Ole nonsense.
United, both club and fans, are a joke. When Woodward chose Pogbad over Jose then you can only see the predicted end with dirty laundry out in Bein and Sky. This was the reason I speculated that before he took the Spurs gig, Jose did make it clear to Levy that he would be back in the management position over players hence you do not see the same tune from N'D the same as his mate, Pogbad.

I was trying to post a photo of United´s starting lineup against Ajax, three years ago. At the time, the media called the title won by Jose a "obligation". I couldn´t find a good link, so here it goes:

Romero;
Valencia, Smalling, Blind and Darmian;
Herrera, Pogba;
Mata, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan;
Rashford.

"Football Heritage".
Posted this line up about four times over the last two weeks in debates with people who think because Pogba cost a lot the Jose has a world class squad.
The phrase “full of internationals” was even bandied about.

Fact is, Jose won a double with a load of utter shite. He signed some of them, granted, but he still won two trophies and finished 2nd in a two year stint with them.

The answer to that is “it was 2017 so now he’s past it”

:mourshock:

Posted this line up about four times over the last two weeks in debates with people who think because Pogba cost a lot the Jose has a world class squad.
The phrase “full of internationals” was even bandied about.

Fact is, Jose won a double with a load of utter shite. He signed some of them, granted, but he still won two trophies and finished 2nd in a two year stint with them.

The answer to that is “it was 2017 so now he’s past it”

:mourshock:
The thing was that Jose know how to use the squad players to beat Ajax and deployed Fellaini was the key as he won almost all the long ball. Whenever they bomb the ball forward, between Fellaini and other Ajax player, you would know 90% he would win the ball. So it turned out Ajax did not have the answer.

Another case of the Media trying to bury Mourinho

Using his loss to Saville, in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, when everyone and their cats knew he wanted the sack, as a way of showing the improvement Ole has made, when it's in the EUROPA LEAGUE.
You know, that competition Jose fucking well won the year before.

What a bunch of fucking twaddle. And I'm sure half our fan base buy this shit.

If there is one positive, one personality attribute Mourinho usually shows is unrelenting defiance. He will want to show Sky Sports, the wankstains that paid his wages a little while ago, that he could out manage OGS in his fucking sleep.

So where is the Sky Sports "yeah, they haven't made any progress, in fact they have gone backwards" comment and puff peice?

Two agenda's here - trying to stoke up the anti Mourinho crowd and, as usual, utterly pandering to the large Man United fan base.
It's a fucking disgrace quite frankly

So where is the Sky Sports "yeah, they haven't made any progress, in fact they have gone backwards" comment and puff peice?

Two agenda's here - trying to stoke up the anti Mourinho crowd and, as usual, utterly pandering to the large Man United fan base.
It's a fucking disgrace quite frankly

Talksport going with a 2 day old narrative of "Is Pep any good?" today.... That should conveniently take the heat off of Ole/Utd. too.

:harrysmile:

Was one of the best.

Nothing to indicate he is currently one, in fact a lot of evidence to show he isn't even very good tactically let alone one of the best.

One day, you'll post something that's true, knowledgable and sensible.

Unfortunately your post here is none of these things.

Actually watch some football little boy, before you come chat with us adults.

One day, you'll post something that's true, knowledgable and sensible.

Unfortunately your post here is none of these things.

Actually watch some football little boy, before you come chat with us adults.

Coming from a Gooner fan like you this is quite funny to read.

Always love having a fan and there is nobody who is as obsessed as you!

Back
Top Bottom