Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same results tho, all I've heard over the last few years is where at the trophies, so it's results that matter no?

Ey?

Guardiola has won more this season than Mourinho has in 3 years. In fact, Guardiola has won the same amount in the last 2 seasons than Mourinho has won in the last 6 years, whilst for the most part playing better football than Mourinho has in those years (who also got sacked twice).

Both are great managers. Guardiola gets 'fraud' because he can't take Man City passed a quarter final. Mourinho gets called dinosaur, because he gets outplayed by smaller clubs and prefers to sit back and counter as well as win no where near as much as he did in his prime.

I like to appreciate both managers for what they've achieved in the game of football.

Another case of the Media trying to bury Mourinho

Using his loss to Saville, in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, when everyone and their cats knew he wanted the sack, as a way of showing the improvement Ole has made, when it's in the EUROPA LEAGUE.
You know, that competition Jose fucking well won the year before.

What a bunch of fucking twaddle. And I'm sure half our fan base buy this shit.

If there is one positive, one personality attribute Mourinho usually shows is unrelenting defiance. He will want to show Sky Sports, the wankstains that paid his wages a little while ago, that he could out manage OGS in his fucking sleep.

Might be relevant, but the last trophy Utd won was Europa with Jose...Ole with his ‘getting Pogba working’ doesn’t seem to have paid off...and it looks like Lindelof led to Sevilla’s winning goal - I remember Jose complaining about him being rubbish back then...

Whilst Jose has been hugging his extra large pillow at Spurs Lodge, cackling diabolically at the performances of the two Manchester clubs & their coaches, his own stock has massively increased over the last two nights.

:mourbringit::mourlmao:

I was trying to post a photo of United´s starting lineup against Ajax, three years ago. At the time, the media called the title won by Jose a "obligation". I couldn´t find a good link, so here it goes:

Romero;
Valencia, Smalling, Blind and Darmian;
Herrera, Pogba;
Mata, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan;
Rashford.

"Football Heritage".

Last edited:
I´ve been trying to post a photo of United´s lineup against Ajax, in the Europa League final (which they´ve won under Jose) three years ago. At the time, the fans and the media were calling it an "obligation". I Couldn´t bring in the image, so here it goes:

Romero;
Valencia, Smalling, Blind and Darmian;
Herrera, Pogba;
Mata, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan;
Rashford.

Football Heritage.
Yeah, it was a very ordinary United side, but the tactics were spot on that night in Stockholm.

It's been a hell of a weekend for Spurs and José's redemption arcs.

>Our 7-2 loss to Bayern doesn't look quite as abject.
>Olé and United suddenly not looking so hot and people begin to realise Mourinho didn't do the worst job when he was in charge of them.

Bring on the new season.
:moursmall:

It's been a hell of a weekend for Spurs and José's redemption arcs.

>Our 7-2 loss to Bayern doesn't look quite as abject.
>Olé and United suddenly not looking so hot and people begin to realise Mourinho didn't do the worst job when he was in charge of them.
bel+
Bring on the new season.
:moursmall:
I totally agree.

It wasn´t that great from Ndombele´s perspective, though. Lyon beat Man City and got a place in a UCL´s semifinal a year after selling him. They did it by showing a big collective effort and a fantastic defensive organization. In short, they've won the match because of their work without the ball.

Last edited:

Imagine if Harry Maguire was a Mourinho signing - for the same 87m -, and United conceded a goal like Sevilla´s second goal today. Imagine Paul Pogba showing this level of uninspiring performance under Jose, and United without a title . What would Paul Scholes be saying now? Since it´s Ole, he´s saying that United´s board should back Ole EVEN MORE - for example, buying Sancho for 110m.

Honestly, I really hope we are all seeing that, if not everything, most of what was said about Jose underachieving at that club was simply BS.

Last edited:
Imagine if Harry Maguire was a Mourinho signing - for the same 87m -, and United conceded a goal like Sevilla´s second goal today. Imagine Paul Pogba showing this level of performance under Jose and United without a title for two seasons in a row. What would Paul Scholes be saying now? Since it´s Ole, he´s saying that United´s board should back Ole EVEN MORE- for example, buying Sancho for 110m.

Honestly, I really hope we are all seeing that, if not everything, most of what was said about Jose being underachieving at that club was simply BS.
To be fair, I wouldn't hand wave away how Mourinho's tenure ended in implosion at United. It is, however, quite clear that the problems ran deeper than his management and the relationship with Woodward was key.

Which is why I pray Levy doesn't piss him around in this transfer window - especially considering José has been pretty consistent at saying we won't be spending a huge amount (so seemingly reasonable in his demands) and also that he's made weekly 'reports' on the squad etc.

Imagine if Harry Maguire was a Mourinho signing - for the same 87m -, and United conceded a goal like Sevilla´s second goal today. Imagine Paul Pogba showing this level of uninspiring performance under Jose, and United without a title . What would Paul Scholes be saying now? Since it´s Ole, he´s saying that United´s board should back Ole EVEN MORE - for example, buying Sancho for 110m.

Honestly, I really hope we are all seeing that, if not everything, most of what was said about Jose being underachieving at that club was simply BS.

I don't think he underachieved with the players he had. But i think his style of football alienated the fanbase very quickly and he wasn't successful enough to overcome that.

OGS was just a sop to the fanbase IMO. A gatekeeper till they can find a decent manager to take them forward.

I don't think he underachieved with the players he had. But i think his style of football alienated the fanbase very quickly and he wasn't successful enough to overcome that.

OGS was just a sop to the fanbase IMO. A gatekeeper till they can find a decent manager to take them forward.
"Style of football" is the whole point, isn´t it?
Honestly, we should open our minds a little bit. I think we love football because of it´s unpredictability. It´s a lack of imagination to think there is only one way of playing a good "style of football" - high scoring games, high numbers of possession, etc.
It´s just a metaphor, but I think we need to stop the "Americanization" of football.
There are many ways to win, and that´s the beauty of the game.
Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
"Style of football" is the whole point, isn´t it?
Honestly, we should open our minds a little bit. I think we love football because of it´s unpredictability. It´s a lack of imagination to think there is only one way of playing a good "style of football" - high scoring games, high numbers of possession, etc.
It´s just a metaphor, but I think we need to stop the "Americanization" of football.
There are more than one way to win, and that´s the beauty of the game.
Just my opinion, of course.

The bolded word is key, win.

I doubt many would complain about the style if the wins came, the issue is going out early in the FA and CL as well as finishing 6th isn't really what most would consider winning, for United winning the EL and 2nd in the league is not considered winning.

Maybe you would argue that fans have too high a hope but if I am going to watch a 6th place Spurs team I hope to hell it isn't spent hoping we can hold on to a tie against Palace with zero shots in the 2nd half or wonder if we can score against relegation Bournemouth.

Surely we can go out and finish 6th, while losing to Norwich in the 5th round while playing some wide open fun games.

The bolded word is key, win.

I doubt many would complain about the style if the wins came, the issue is going out early in the FA and CL as well as finishing 6th isn't really what most would consider winning, for United winning the EL and 2nd in the league is not considered winning.

Maybe you would argue that fans have too high a hope but if I am going to watch a 6th place Spurs team I hope to hell it isn't spent hoping we can hold on to a tie against Palace with zero shots in the 2nd half or wonder if we can score against relegation Bournemouth.

Surely we can go out and finish 6th, while losing to Norwich in the 5th round while playing some wide open fun games.
I´m not saying his time at United was good - I´m sure it´s the club Jose feels he achieved the least in his career.

But let me ask you:

"For United winning the EL and finishing 2nd in the league is not considered winning". Fair enough. But why finishing 3rd in the league and not winning a single title for two seasons - going out in the semifinals of three competitions in a row, including the EL -, is considered a improvement?

You see my point? It´s not about results. It´s the opposite. They accommodate results according to the narrative they have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom