Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching today Leipzig Vs A Madrid only confirm that we made the wrong choice as manager and should have waited for Julian Nagelsmann . He is superb . He schooled Jose and today schooled Simone
Sir, please come back here when RB lift the Champions League trophy or when Mourinho has one full season with Spurs and with Spurs full squad and we will see who schooled who.

Is there any indication he would have any interest in coming here?

It seems like he is likely in line to have almost any job he would like and coming here isn't much, if any a jump from RB, so I am not sure what the appeal would be for him to come here unless he really wanted to live in London. In which case, he likely could have or still could go to Chelsea.
As the appointment of Ole, Pirlo, Flick, Zidane, Setian, Lampard, Ragnick/Pioli, Tuchel etc etc show, it’s not actually a reality that big clubs automatically go for forum dwellers latest hipster choices.

Poch still out of work should give you a clue

Watching today Leipzig Vs A Madrid only confirm that we made the wrong choice as manager and should have waited for Julian Nagelsmann . He is superb . He schooled Jose and today schooled Simone
Nagelsmann joined Leipzig last summer. In what timeline does he leave them after less than half a year?

Dont get this sentiment.
It’s like every manager that doesn’t win the CL is past it.
Except Poch of course because in his case it means he’s the best and most progressive option out there.
More to do with people ignoring that (a) Simeone is the highest paid manager in world football with an annual salary of around €40 million, (b) employs a negative approach that is way beyond Mourinho's perceived defensiveness, (c) can't speak English and (d) makes Pochettino look like Don Flexible when it comes to tactical stubborness

More to do with people ignoring that (a) Simeone is the highest paid manager in world football with an annual salary of around €40 million, (b) employs a negative approach that is way beyond Mourinho's perceived defensiveness, (c) can't speak English and (d) makes Pochettino look like Don Flexible when it comes to tactical stubborness
So Spurs are too big for Jose, Simeone, Bale, Vardy.......anyone else we don’t need at this massively successful club?

It's not a question of Spurs being too big for Simeone, it's that he wouldn't be a good fit and in any event is very unlikely to leave Atleti in the foreseeable future
99.9% of anyone linked isn’t coming.

What is actually a good “fit” for this club.?
Jose apparently isn’t....Simeone isn’t.....in fact no one would really want any of Barca, Real, Chelsea , Utd or Bayern’s managers as they are all nobodies.
If you’ve won stuff between 3 and 10 years ago you’re past it too.

So I guess we just have to see who wins the tug of war out of Pep and Klopp then.
They must both want to come here.

99.9% of anyone linked isn’t coming.

What is actually a good “fit” for this club.?
Jose apparently isn’t....Simeone isn’t.....in fact no one would really want any of Barca, Real, Chelsea , Utd or Bayern’s managers as they are all nobodies.
If you’ve won stuff between 3 and 10 years ago you’re past it too.

So I guess we just have to see who wins the tug of war out of Pep and Klopp then.
They must both want to come here.
Bored of this now. I'm going horse riding

Personally, I’m really looking forward to next season. However it’s done on the field of play, Jose is going to achieve something for us.... he’s too intelligent a manager and too experienced a manager to run us through a boring and eventless season.

Most people will forget the boring tag if we go 15 games unbeaten, barely concede a goal at home all season and lift a tin pot.

I genuine believe most fans don't know what good football actually looks like sometimes. It's force fed through the media/pundits. Most of whom only casually follow teams.

Most people will forget the boring tag if we go 15 games unbeaten, barely concede a goal at home all season and lift a tin pot.

I genuine believe most fans don't know what good football actually looks like sometimes. It's force fed through the media/pundits. Most of whom only casually follow teams.

Well, what is good football?

I reckon you know.

Well, what is good football?

I reckon you know.

It's a bit like what makes a good looking woman. One might say brunette, one might say blonde, one might say size 28

I personally think there is 2 types of football I never want to see. 1 is cheating. If our players are laying on the ground rolling around time wasting, I will be disgusted. I cannot stand that kind of football. Think WBA, Stoke etc that turned up and their only game plan was to stop football taking place. The other is passing for the sake of passing. There's nothing enjoyable about making 1,000 passes a game in the middle of the pitch and never getting behind teams. It's tedious, frustrating and downright embarrassing. Leading me to what I don't mind.....

Giving up possession in a calculated gamble to open up space on the pitch makes the game more exciting IMO.
Playing free flowing counter attacks from front to back is entertaining.

Ultimately though - winning is entertaining.

Not always, i was as pissed off after Everton as i would have been with a 0-0, there were plenty like that under Graham and AVB as well. I remember a 1-0 win over Hull under the latter and we were rightly booed off.
I guess it depends on the context and I wasn't clear to be fair.
I meant winning things. Winning regularly.

AVB is a good example, the 2nd season we won 2-3 games 1-0 early on and it masked just how bad the matches were. They were dismal. If it wasn't for penalties, they'd have been 0-0
The culmination of this was the 1-0 win against Hull when he blamed the fans and the atmosphere.
If on the other hand, you're winning games week after week having had decent chances and taken a good few, it's a different ball game.

When you're on a proper run of 10+ games and you're in the race for something, you pretty quickly forget the bad parts and you focus on the enjoyment that keeping it up brings.
Does anyone really think about losing 0-1 at home to Ajax? Everything remembers the 4th quarter of that tie.

I guess it depends on the context and I wasn't clear to be fair.
I meant winning things. Winning regularly.

AVB is a good example, the 2nd season we won 2-3 games 1-0 early on and it masked just how bad the matches were. They were dismal. If it wasn't for penalties, they'd have been 0-0
The culmination of this was the 1-0 win against Hull when he blamed the fans and the atmosphere.
If on the other hand, you're winning games week after week having had decent chances and taken a good few, it's a different ball game.

When you're on a proper run of 10+ games and you're in the race for something, you pretty quickly forget the bad parts and you focus on the enjoyment that keeping it up brings.
Does anyone really think about losing 0-1 at home to Ajax? Everything remembers the 4th quarter of that tie.
I agree and its why i've been banging on about Mourinho having to win a hell of a lot of games if the football remains the same. I think top 4 minimum. Agree on AVB, we were almost as bad the latter half of 12/13 and Bale dug us out, terrible to watch though. Once the results started to go that was it.

Back
Top Bottom