Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho 'threw' games to end his tenure at Man Utd? Not only that but he risked his reputation too?

Fucking hell, I've really heard it all now!

:mourfacepalm:

In simplistic terms, yes. Did he tell the players to go out and lose? no. He was locked in an internal battle with his boss and some of the players. He was playing only the players he trusted and even player interviews after he was sacked highlighted the atmosphere at the club wasn’t positive during that summer and beginning of 3rd season.

We all know what we’re getting in Mourinho. He is a serial winner. If you’re not going to come along on that ride to win things, he’s not gonna stick around long. He is not the type that will toe the line when he doesn’t feel like he still have the support and backing of the club.

I am also a fan of Mourinho and I am sincerely hoping the few years he is here with us, he can be successful and make us successful:)

Jose Mourinho accused Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg’s agent of trying to encourage Woolwich to hijack Tottenham’s deal for the Southampton midfielder, according to Kia Joorabchian.

Hojbjerg joined Spurs this week as the club’s first summer signing in a deal worth around £15million. The Denmark international signed a five-year contract and Tottenham were always the frontrunners for his signature despite interest shown by Everton. Joorabchian revealed he was confronted by Spurs head coach Mourinho, who believed he was trying to ensure his client ended up at Woolwich

‘I spoke to Jose (Mourinho) after Pierre went to Tottenham and he said, ‘You were trying to get him to Woolwich’. ‘We never tried to get him to Woolwich. We had an offer from Everton It’s not true.’ Joorabchian has a close relationship with the Woolwich hierarchy and already has several players at the Emirates, including David Luiz and Cedric Soares

Mourinho’s efforts to rebuild Tottenham have been hampered by a limited transfer budget, but a new midfielder was high on the manager’s wish list. Hojbjerg was keen to work with Mourinho and expressed his pride at joining Spurs. He said: ‘I’m very proud, very happy, I’m also very excited to be here – I just want to get going, meet everyone and play football

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/13/jose...tenham-13124966/?ito=newsnow-feed?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

I think it really depends on what project he was pitched to sign on to. We have all heard Mourinho coming out and saying he doesn’t expect us to sign big money players. So, i’m optimistic that Levy and Mourinho are on the same page as to what they’re building together and how they are building it.
Exactly. @Black posted some of Jose's moments at BeIN Sports - just after he was sacked by United. I fully recommend it, especially for those who don't like him.

One of the things he said was: "Before I have further conversations with my next club, I need them to be clear about the objectives they have and the structure they will give me".

In other words, it's not all about big spending. It's about the project's consistency. At Spurs, I can definitely see that Jose and Levy are on the same page - whatever the transfer budget is.

Last edited:
Exactly. @Black posted some of Jose's moments at BeIN Sports - just after he was sacked by United. I fully recommend it, especially for those who don't like him.

One of the things he said was: "Before I have further conversations with my next club, I need them to be clear about the objectives they have and the structure they will give me".

In other words, it's not all about big spending. It's about the project's consistency. At Spurs, I can definitely see that Jose and Levy are on the same page - whatever the transfer budget is.
So lets see

Poch was sacked at 9pm one night, Jose stayed the night at the Training lodge and was unveiled the next morning after "a good night's sleep"

That was easy....

So lets see

Poch was sacked at 9pm one night, Jose stayed the night at the Training lodge and was unveiled the next morning after "a good night's sleep"

That was easy....

The replacement was lined up and ready to go.... Good. Anything less would have attracted daggers and ridicule from media and Levy-haters alike.

The replacement was lined up and ready to go.... Good. Anything less would have attracted daggers and ridicule from media and Levy-haters alike.
So Poch was undermined for how long??

Did we go into the season with a dead man walking because he got us to a cup final he couldn't be sacked until such time as there was a "better time" to do it? Regardless if it was the correct decision on the 15th November it was shabby as fuck behaviour to Poch and to the fans.

Probably for not as long as your conspiracy theory would require in order for it to carry any significant weight.

It happens all the time. A large amount of mid-season sackings are quickly resolved.

Did we go into the season with a dead man walking because he got us to a cup final he couldn't be sacked until such time as there was a "better time" to do it?

I doubt it, no.

Regardless if it was the correct decision on the 15th November it was shabby as fuck behaviour to Poch and to the fans.

We've had this conversation before... As I recall you had nothing to back-up your 'he was toast in the summer' theory aside from a tin-hat interpretation of Jose commenting upon the quality of our squad when he was doing pundit work.

Would you be somehow more at ease if we'd have sacked Poch in Nov and just drifted along with Ledley & McDermot at the helm until after xmas?

Did we go into the season with a dead man walking because he got us to a cup final he couldn't be sacked until such time as there was a "better time" to do it? Regardless if it was the correct decision on the 15th November it was shabby as fuck behaviour to Poch and to the fans.
Shabby behaviour to poch? Is this the very same poch who said he would leave if we won the final? Get ya head out your arse you idiot!

Shabby behaviour to poch? Is this the very same poch who said he would leave if we won the final? Get ya head out your arse you idiot!
So why not sack him there and then??

Surely saying he might leave is grounds for dismissal as he's not focused on the job?

How many managers, totally unconnected to a club are in place less than 12 hours after the other manager gets sacked.

Even Bayern Munich, who remember promoted from within, took 6 weeks to give Flick the job properly.

This was why when he went to Chelsea the first time, he got a blank cheque when the boss said he wanted to win the Premier League. So I would imagine when he comes to Spurs, Levy said top 4 only then Mourinho would say f off. However, if Levy said the League in 4-5 years then Mourinho may say 40-60 millions each season to get there. He probably put in the clause to not have "player power" on top of his power hence why we do not the same drama from N'dom as his French buddy Pogbad.

What is this fascination with Poch? OMG, again just watch the video and you can see Mourinho's idea of "beautiful football". He also said something along the line that Poch likes beautiful football because he hasn't win a trophy but once he win one he will change his mind and adapt to playing from beautiful to shitty just to drag out a win. So beautiful football to Mourinho is a match where his team win and execute his plan out perfectly. He is someone that would take 1-0 over 5-0 if his team stuck to the plan.

Watching today Leipzig Vs A Madrid only confirm that we made the wrong choice as manager and should have waited for Julian Nagelsmann . He is superb . He schooled Jose and today schooled Simone

Watching today Leipzig Vs A Madrid only confirm that we made the wrong choice as manager and should have waited for Julian Nagelsmann . He is superb . He schooled Jose and today schooled Simone

Is there any indication he would have any interest in coming here?

It seems like he is likely in line to have almost any job he would like and coming here isn't much, if any a jump from RB, so I am not sure what the appeal would be for him to come here unless he really wanted to live in London. In which case, he likely could have or still could go to Chelsea.

Yeh, ‘Schooled us’ with no Kane and Son, Tanganga playing, etcetera.
Nagelsmann suits RB as they have built the team to play his way: when he goes to a bigger club with players with massive egos and chairmen who won’t just scout and buy players to suit his way, he might struggle. Also can’t overtake BM, so can’t really be the second coming? No fit for Spurs as he is a one-trick Poch (IMO).

Yeh, ‘Schooled us’ with no Kane and Son, Tanganga playing, etcetera.
Nagelsmann suits RB as they have built the team to play his way: when he goes to a bigger club with players with massive egos and chairmen who won’t just scout and buy players to suit his way, he might struggle. Also can’t overtake BM, so can’t really be the second coming? No fit for Spurs as he is a one-trick Poch (IMO).

Comprehensive.... :pochsmirk:

Tho you did miss 'CV needs a trophy'.

So lets see

That was easy....

I think it was all being sorted after the Brighton game and took that long to put together. Personally I’d of sacked Poch then, but with nobody to take the reigns straight away we would have been even more rudderless. It’s how football works, other managers are always being sounded out by agents behind the scenes working for this and that club.

Back
Top Bottom