Have we signed Messi yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s easy for you to jump on the Eriksen bandwagon now though. It took a year of me schooling you on him though, and you in flat out denial that he was a lazy, weak waste of space.

Kind of my whole point
Eriksen was quality for us - you've schooled no one

A quote less Messi articles proves nothing

From a commercial stand point City's prize money this year is probably 15m short vs had they won the Premier league And champions league.

So, do you spend 100m or so on Messi for two years to give yourself a slightly better chance of increasing you income by 30m?
Whats winning the champions league worth?

If we even try to sign Messi (and I don’t mean “enquire” about his availability) then Levy has had a serious smack on the head or a personality transplant....The days of us pulling out a Klinsmann style deal are long gone I’m sad to say, I always loved a good old superstar signing, they always got a buzz going around the place for a while.....
I know VDV who “turned out to be a real gem” but at the time he was a desperate last minute deal that happened to go right.

I’d have to think hard here but Ginola may be the last exciting player we signed already knowing what we were getting in advance? and obviously Klinsmann before that? Certainly all pre ENIC years...Has anyone any players to add that I may have over looked?

If we even try to sign Messi (and I don’t mean “enquire” about his availability) then Levy has had a serious smack on the head or a personality transplant....The days of us pulling out a Klinsmann style deal are long gone I’m sad to say, I always loved a good old superstar signing, they always got a buzz going around the place for a while.....
I know VDV who “turned out to be a real gem” but at the time he was a desperate last minute deal that happened to go right.

I’d have to think hard here but Ginola may be the last exciting player we signed already knowing what we were getting in advance? and obviously Klinsmann before that? Certainly all pre ENIC years...Has anyone any players to add that I may have over looked?
None that i can think of.
Your right about VDV ,it was a good/interesting signing,it was only after a while we realised what we truly had.

Do not want. He blocked us from selling/swapping Eriksen to Barca.

Lionel Messi blocked Barcelona transfer move for Tottenham star Christian Eriksen

Lionel Messi stopped Barcelona from signing Christian Eriksen in the summer, according to reports in Spain.

Eriksen sought a move away from Tottenham in the summer following the side’s Champions League final defeat to Liverpool.

The Dutchman longed for a move to Barcelona or Real Madrid after becoming one of the most coveted playmakers in Europe over the last six years at Spurs.

Messi ostensibly vetoed the deal, however, because he believes Eriksen has shirked responsibility in tough moments for Tottenham - a quality the legendary Argentine did not want at Camp Nou.

:ossie:
He wasn't wrong though.
Maybe he was wrong. They won fuck all.

Back
Top Bottom