Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I don’t get is all his team talks just consist of the same think, courage, press, aggression, mentality, brains etc. Yet most games they come out half asleep and don’t see any pressing. His just like a motivational speaker but the same messsage will get boring for the players. What I don’t see is any tactical stuff especially half time team talks unless amazon don’t show it. You’d think they would come out pumped for each game / 2nd half but I don’t see it.
Fair play though in the 2018/2019 season Spurs played 58 competitive matches. It must be ball breaking to try and come up with a fresh inspirational speech after about six matches. "Come on lads, we can do this" only has a very short life span. Anybody an alternative suggestion to accompany the pre-match hug ??

What I don’t get is all his team talks just consist of the same think, courage, press, aggression, mentality, brains etc. Yet most games they come out half asleep and don’t see any pressing. His just like a motivational speaker but the same messsage will get boring for the players. What I don’t see is any tactical stuff especially half time team talks unless amazon don’t show it. You’d think they would come out pumped for each game / 2nd half but I don’t see it.

this occurred to me for a moment also - but I’ve put it down to there being an obvious shielding of the actual tactical instruction, as it would give too much of an insight into gameplan, that no coach in their right mind would allow to be broadcast to whoever watches it.

I did think the same about Harry and Hugo’s captain pump up though... they seemed to lack any game specificity. Simply “let’s fucking go boys” stuff. But that might just be the standard....

Full press conference:

- People are focusing on Jose´s quotes about a new striker - he is confident we are getting one, he doesn´t like the word "backup" and he mentioned the possibility of having two strikers playing together. He also called it the "last piece" for a more balanced squad, which could mean no more business after we sign one.

- In 25 minutes of press conference, not a single journalist asked him about the team news. What is the situation with Lo Celso - how long is he expected to be out? Nothing. Is Winks available to play? Why was he dropped from England? Nothing.
EDIT: Alasdair Gold did it - but it´s not in the video. Jose will make a late decision on Lo Celso (I doubt he will play) and apparently Winks is fine.

- By the end of the video, Jose gave a very strong statement on the schedule ahead of us. He called "inhuman" the decision to make us play 7 games in 14 days. He said the people who made this decision are "hiding" and he wants to know who they are. He said none of his players would/could play every game. And he also mentioned the risk in terms of results - apart from the Premier League, one defeat and we are out of the competitions. I felt touched by it, especially when he mentioned "our right to win the competitions", asking: "What do they want? Do they want us to play the League Cup with a youth team?"

- Jose didn´t watch the Amazon Doc, but said it´s "good for football" - and he would do it again. He mentioned something about people usually getting the wrong idea of what goes on behind the scenes, which was telling. My personal opinion is that the Doc helped him a lot in terms of his image simply by showing that he is not a stereotype - I´m amazed that so many intelligent people needed this Doc to get it.

Anyway, new season, here we go. COYS

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else but I thought his half time speech against City was superb. It's been mentioned that a lack of tactics haven't been discussed, this has been edited out on some parts as Jose even says "now how do you score a goal?" Before being cut off and shown the second half highlights.

About the market... José said that he want 2 RB. So, i think he want that Aurier stays in the club.

He want 1 striker, Rose will leave.. He said Ben Davies and Ryan Sessegnon are the 2 options for the position, plus Tanganga.

So, i think the market for us will close when the striker come and Rose leave. No CB or LB. And Ndombelé will stay.

With this options for the CB position, i think we will have problems. Only Toby give me 100% confidence. Foyth, Tanganga and Sanchez are not world class... And we lose Jan...

Last edited:
Fair play though in the 2018/2019 season Spurs played 58 competitive matches. It must be ball breaking to try and come up with a fresh inspirational speech after about six matches. "Come on lads, we can do this" only has a very short life span. Anybody an alternative suggestion to accompany the pre-match hug ??
‘Visualise your visit to the cheese room once we’ve won?’

I disagree. AVB was a self loving prat convinced of his own self worth. It wouldn't have been about the hat, it would have been about making people do what he says.
That's a sure sign of narcissistic behaviour.
Or trying to make sure there’s no crazy egos in the dressing room? If you don’t respect the manager, the team falls apart. Every coach ostracises players - same with Poch and Kaboul, Lennon etc; Jose has done it to Rose.

Having said that, in the scheme of things, wearing a beanie doesn’t matter, so the proper skill would have been to recognise Ade was an egotistical, self-serving tosser (and always had been, clearly, playing for a new contract etc.) and not mentioned it publicly. So, AVBs mismanagement of the situation caused it, but Ade extended it when he should have dealt with it differently.

Why would any spurs “fan” disagree with my post
Because their hatred for Mourinho trumps any love they have for Spurs. Which is why whenever we won last season there’d be fewer people in the threads.

A lot of people that ‘didn’t like’ All or Nothing were gutted to realize Jose isn’t what they imagined and is actually likeable.

Any true spurs fan would be happy we succeed regardless who is manager , surely if your happy for us to fail so you can be proved right that mourhino is passed it you aren’t really a spurs fan?

Honestly love this bloke at moment. Gone from being such a miserable bastard at United to a really likeable guy at Spurs. We all know in the long run Mourinho probably won’t last, but I’m thoroughly enjoying him at Spurs. Just hope and prayer he brings his magic of winning trophies to Spurs.
Always been the sort everyone thinks is a cunt...until he's yours. For supporters at least, for players its always seemed to work in the other direction.

I just hope he can instill a biting edge to a talented squad with a penchant for wilting. Delivering the Europa this season building to a serious title challenge next season would be fantastic.

Still hard to look at him and not see the smug Chelsea cunt, though.

Back
Top Bottom