Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't hate the guy.

If he was on the bench as a CB/LB reserve and playing for us in the EL I would be very happy with that. I think he could be very useful to the team I that role.

But starting as a LB that can't go forward and is mediocre at best (that is me being kind) defensively and he is a clear liability to our team and holding us back.

In fairness you've explained this to me before but it didn't win me over then and it doesn't now.

I'm wrong about many things: I think the Earth is flat, I don't think anyone should be made to wear masks and I think cheese is delicious. But I'm not wrong about this...

Ben used his undoubted masculine aura to woo one or more of your family's womenfolk and it's eating you up inside

You think that a guy who lives in a country that I haven't been to in 10 years took my girl?

You think that is more likely than me thinking that a guy who is clearly a limited player and not close to top 4 level should be on our bench and not starting?

Why is it that so many fans are happy to settle for mediocre? Why is it so wrong to so many fans to point out areas that we can easily upgrade?
Why is it so many fans find themselves capable of judging this guy as the manager of Spurs after such a short tenure ?.
Why don't we all just cut him some slack and let's set a point at which the true assessment of his stay can begin to be measured.
Let's see where we are in the league and cups come the end of the year. There will always be some who will undoubtedly say "not good enough" regardless of results. Nevertheless if we are in top six and still in all the cups I for one will have nothing but praise for his and the team's efforts.

Why is it so many fans find themselves capable of judging this guy as the manager of Spurs after such a short tenure ?.
Why don't we all just cut him some slack and let's set a point at which the true assessment of his stay can begin to be measured.
Let's see where we are in the league and cups come the end of the year. There will always be some who will undoubtedly say "not good enough" regardless of results. Nevertheless if we are in top six and still in all the cups I for one will have nothing but praise for his and the team's efforts.

How long do we have to see things like Dier starting over Toby and Sanchez, Moura starting over Bergwijn, Winks and Sissoko constantly starting, Ndombele not getting any time, no creative/passing/attacking MFers brought in, Davies playing at LB and being praised for it before we can begin to judge him and the style that he wants to play?

The fact that it lines up with his past style of play seems to give even more evidence to support what we see at Spurs. He had the whole break and a fairly healthy squad to come back with after the restart and still continued to put out negative football formations and tactics. He repeatedly praises Davies for not going forward, not pushing the ball up the field, not creating offense.

I hope it results in tons of trophies and titles but I think there is plenty of evidence and plenty of time to judge Jose on certain line-up decisions and tactics that he has made during his time at Spurs.

How long do we have to see things like Dier starting over Toby and Sanchez, Moura starting over Bergwijn, Winks and Sissoko constantly starting, Ndombele not getting any time, no creative/passing/attacking MFers brought in, Davies playing at LB and being praised for it before we can begin to judge him and the style that he wants to play?

The fact that it lines up with his past style of play seems to give even more evidence to support what we see at Spurs. He had the whole break and a fairly healthy squad to come back with after the restart and still continued to put out negative football formations and tactics. He repeatedly praises Davies for not going forward, not pushing the ball up the field, not creating offense.

I hope it results in tons of trophies and titles but I think there is plenty of evidence and plenty of time to judge Jose on certain line-up decisions and tactics that he has made during his time at Spurs.
I just wish you could email Levy your CV to see if he can make you the head coach and then play/buy the players you want. If you then do better than Mourinho then by all mean come back and we will praise you. If you cannot then stop second guess whether he is playing Dier or Winks or who the f ever he wants.

I just wish you could email Levy your CV to see if he can make you the head coach and then play/buy the players you want. If you then do better than Mourinho then by all mean come back and we will praise you. If you cannot then stop second guess whether he is playing Dier or Winks or who the f ever he wants.

What?

You think the only solution for fans is to submit their CV or totally, blindly support the manager?

But if that what it takes to get Dier and Winks on the bench then I will gladly accept the manager position at Tottenham.

I would say the opposite, I always found Jose to be quite likable even though he was with the enemy.

However, in the All or Nothing documentary and especially seeing his comments on Dier and Davies it is clear to see he is stuck in his ways and will not change his views on players no matter how terrible they are.

I was hoping that after a meh time at United with clear signs that he needed to change his style that we would see that in the documentary but unfortunately he has shown that he has not and likely will not change so we are stuck with plugs like Davies and Dier being run out there every week because they fit some notion of what Mourinho wants rather than them actually doing anything positive for the team.
Well as opposed to what? Bumping heads with Levy and getting the sack before he’s even gotten started?

Well as opposed to what? Bumping heads with Levy and getting the sack before he’s even gotten started?

If he wanted to play an attacking style you think that would result in him bumping heads with Levy?

You think he would be fired for playing Sanchez over Dier? Bergwijn over Moura? Or Ndombele over Sissoko?

Because they don't see Mourinho as being a likable guy like your post suggests and they are not thoroughly enjoying him at Spurs.

What does your post have to do with being a Spurs fan or not?

Outside of the moronic idea that to be a true fan you have to blindly support everything, be a massive homer and ignore reality.

Yet weirdly if you commend Levy for doing anything positive you’re also seem by some as not being a real fan.

Maybe people should just be allowed an opinion and it not be controversial or needing to be ridiculed. I appreciate that’s the internet in 2010, not 2020 though!

If he wanted to play an attacking style you think that would result in him bumping heads with Levy?

You think he would be fired for playing Sanchez over Dier? Bergwijn over Moura? Or Ndombele over Sissoko?
Mate, whatever he did, he got results. As much as it pains you to have seen Spurs rack up points and climb up the table, despite injuries and bad luck. As for your attacking football, I have seen enough to tell me the man knows his onions, infinitely more than you would ever know, so I would trust him for now, ta.

Jump off the titanic anytime you wish, see ya.

Mate, whatever he did, he got results. As much as it pains you to have seen Spurs rack up points and climb up the table, despite injuries and bad luck. As for your attacking football, I have seen enough to tell me the man knows his onions, infinitely more than you would ever know, so I would trust him for now, ta.

Jump off the titanic anytime you wish, see ya.

Where did it pain me at all?

And we finished 6th. I know apologists like to focus on that 14th number without taking into consideration what the point totals were to try and act like it was some great achievement but it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom