Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus christ all we need to do is get Kane into shooting position 4 or 5 times a game and we will win more than we lose. If we can't even get him the ball in the box once then the setup is entirely wrong.

We need more than that to compete. That plan will keep JM in a job a bit longer than otherwise that's all.

The only teams I have watched since Covid are Spurs and England. Both have been insipld and lacking in excitement and more like a training match. Is it because there are no fans or have other teams somehow managed to get motivated.

He should be doing better with this squad of players but this week he will ratchet up the pressure on Levy.

No doubt about that because he knows we have a squad that needs more but with whom he should be doing better.

You mean what have Levy and ENIC done right? They hired him. Let's start pointing the finger where it deserves to be pointed instead of giving these cunts another free pass.

They have decimated this team by putting profit over success on a consistent basis.
No, no I don't mean anyone else other than Jose, our manager!

giphy.gif

Running low on patience now.

And that's from someone who's basically backed him ever since he was appointed 10 months ago.

There hasn't been any change at all - players still look like they're just coasting, not really fighting for the shirt or showing the passion the documentary would have you believe Mourinho has.

There was just nothing today. No pressing. No semblance of a footballing side.

First opening day loss in his career. against a team that hasn't won away against a top 6 side since 2013 and their first away win against Spurs since 2008.

That doesn't just show our decline - it shows Mourinhos.

I've been sceptical and critical but i'm fully on board him leaving now. I just cant watch that football. Its not because its 1 game, its 9 months of turgid football, no gameplan other than an attacking right back, no real fight even and everything just feels so old fashioned. If we dont change early and make a good appoinrment Kane is gone next summer. This doesnt excuse Levy by the way.

Post HT, I agree (a misguided 442 perhaps?)

Starting XI just seemed to be a standard 4231 to me. It wasn't even looking that bad in the first 15 minutes or so either. The whole team was just totally crap as a collective after that as if they'd had an IV infusion of lasagna.

Well it's a 4-4-2 out of possession with Dele up with Kane, then whatever you'd call the high RWB thing (3-2-4-1?) with the ball.

But you can't really play counterattacking football if you aren't putting pressure on the ball, and we were far too content to allow their most dangerous players time and space.

And then Lucas is out there running around like a chicken with his head cut off, why?

So you make a bullshit statement that Mourinho will be gone by November, then refuse to back it up?!

Standard.
It’s my opinion - dont need to pay to ‘back it up’

If you’re happy with that you saw today - your prerogative and speaks volumes too

Back
Top Bottom