Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh that's ok then.

Fucking hell!
:mourfacepalm:
It's not ok, it's down to Jose to get them pressing, if he can't then he's not doing a good job, pretty simple.

Unlike you mate, I am not tied to any bias, Jose is just a manager to me, if he doesn't bring success then he can be replaced.

However, I don't trust the man above him to hire a suitable replacement and even if he did, I trust him even less to back that replacement and make signings.

This isn't an excuse for Jose either, that's the reality, we will always be fucked as long as these owners are at the club.

It makes little difference we could go through another 4 managers but most of our players are serial losers that's part of their mentality now.

Nobody is good enough to win an FA Cup with Sissoko and Winks in midfield.

Well it's a 4-4-2 out of possession with Dele up with Kane, then whatever you'd call the high RWB thing (3-2-4-1?) with the ball.

But you can't really play counterattacking football if you aren't putting pressure on the ball, and we were far too content to allow their most dangerous players time and space.

And then Lucas is out there running around like a chicken with his head cut off, why?
It was definitely noticeable how much our press dropped off after the first half. We were, for example, pushing up against their defenders and forcing Pickford into long distance punts every time in the first 45.

Mourinho citing a lack of fitness for the performance (he singled out Doherty as a prime example), which may explain it. Concerning that he wasn't able to spot this and make some kind of tactical shift to compensate. Unfortunately I just don't think our tired legs and chasing a one goal deficit was ever gonna cut it.

I am aware of that, I didn't say it wasn't mate. All I am saying is, he, just like Poch, is clearly failing at getting them to work harder, so what does that say?

He also said some of my players didn't look fit enough.

What the fuck's going on, aren't the massive team of physios and trainers etc doing their jobs? Ultimately that's down to him as well.

It's not the first time we've looked physically a step below other teams. There's definitely something not right there.

He also said some of my players didn't look fit enough.

What the fuck's going on, aren't the massive team of physios and trainers etc doing their jobs? Ultimately that's down to him as well.

It's not the first time we've looked physically a step below other teams. There's definitely something not right there.

The documentary shined a light on, imo, how unprofessional our medical and scouting team are, there is a complacent attitude running through the entire club.

Yes.

I suspect a system and style of play would be the first start. We have missing that for nearly 3 years

I disagree because I think these players don't truly believe we are reaching for glory, irrespective of the manager we hire.

They just like the rest of us, watch what we do in the transfer market and I think they know we are going nowhere under these owners, they would never say it publicly however.

Can some please explain to me this advanced right back tactic with the left back staying deep and moving into a back 3. I have been following the game nearly 30 years and have never come across this. I don’t see how this benefits the team in anyone way apart from making it predictable and lopsided

When Jose tells these players they are too nice, this is exactly the reason. You can't allow a free kick to get moved up into a better position. Kids stuff, you stand on the ball to prevent it moving or being played early.

Back
Top Bottom