Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hojbjerg was awful. On the other hand Doherty looked good
I don't know, the amount of times richarlison received the ball out near the edge of the box was ridiculous and that's where all the danger was coming from. Doherty should have copped on to that after a couple of times but let he it happen over and over again 🙄

It was evident we missed Lo Celso today, and even more evident that we need another attacking mid. We had nothing between midfield and attack today.

We miss the x-factor in the team, and I've never said it before but we need to bring Bale back. It might not happen, but we are desperate for someone like him.

That 'X-factor' that you quote (and I've said it a million times) is an on-field captain that will put the fear of God up players sauntering around the field (yes, even Kane - illustrated by his leaving the ball to run out of play for a corner rather than continuing the attack).

Someone who will grab the underperformers by the throat and 'persuade' them to up their work rate. Zero tolerance for not giving 100% (or 110% in today's parlance).

Nobody questions Kane’s quality but you have to question his effort today, he is just another player, he has to work hard.

A player of his quality should be demanding the ball, trying to own the game. Like Bale used to do when we were shit. He is an amazing player but he is just as prone as going soft as the rest of them. He has to show more, would Messi or Cristiano disappear from a home game against a midtable team?

Him and Sonny 2nd half were as abysmal as the rest of them

The kind of statement one makes when the put more stock into the result than the performance. Richarlison has his shooting boots on and it does become that hammering. 1-0 flattered us

Although tbf we should have scored a couple in the first half

Nice to see the usual calm and tempered reactions after a disappointing result.

We have a match every 2.5 days over the next 2.5 weeks, without the benefit of a normal preseason. I would suggest getting used to seeing us try to manage the pace of matches, by staying compact without the ball and by limiting the frequency we collectively high press.

First match last season, we were down 0-1 at home vs newly promoted Villa until Ndombele scored in the 73rd minute to start our comeback. We then (somehow) drew at City and lost at home 0-1 to Newcastle.

Our Premier League form last season from matchweeks 13-38 (Mourinho's tenure) was 4th... from 14th to 6th and a Europa League spot.

The transfer window is open for another 3 weeks. Have fun with it.
Hey. Fancy a bet on us getting top 4 or a trophy. Either bet is fine with me. You seem confident.

I don't know, the amount of times richarlison received the ball out near the edge of the box was ridiculous and that's where all the danger was coming from. Doherty should have copped on to that after a couple of times but let he it happen over and over again 🙄

Byproduct of our wonky/RB stays high back 4 tbh.....

Don't like it.

433 with FBs that take care of defensive duties first please.

It was evident we missed Lo Celso today, and even more evident that we need another attacking mid. We had nothing between midfield and attack today.

We miss the x-factor in the team, and I've never said it before but we need to bring Bale back. It might not happen, but we are desperate for someone like him.
:levylol:

How many games before Mourinho realises Harry Winks is over rated shit and Eric Dier is a fucking liability?

He's no better at football than Stuart fucking Nethercott.

Back
Top Bottom