Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we? its our choice to support this shit show and our choice to have a voice regards performances and what they serve up but as per we will all moan and groan about every game then go again in a few days time all the time paying our money, buying the merchandise following the team etc etc.......so it’s up to us really.
Unfortunately I've invested over 50 years support in this team and it's difficult to break the habits of a lifetime.

On another day hit the back of the net ? Talk about scraping the barrel. Hart had a clean sheet ..what fucking game were you watching.
Please don't fall back on the 'whining gooner' cheap shot just because someone disagrees with your version of events.
It was a disappointing performance by everyone concerned but as I said, I thought Doherty showed signs of how good he could be with a few more matches under his belt.

If Son rolls that into Kane instead of Alli and Doherty hits the ball 5cms lower, we probably all wouldn’t be in meltdown mode.
And Hart didn’t play - only a gooner wouldn’t know the team sheet or think that calling Pickford Hart is some kind of funny joke.

Implementing a BVB style philosophy in the club would require serious investment from our hierarchy and people who actually know what they’re doing from a football sense.

It’s all very well to say “we didn’t sell our good players because our fans would have screamed lack of ambition”, but the reason Dortmund’s fans don’t is they have trust in their owners to reinvest the funds on genuine quality young players with real potential, not punts.

Can you honestly sit there and say you would have confidence in Levy and co reinvesting money on players if we were to implement a Dortmund style system of selling our best players systematically and reinvesting. If so I would love to know where said confidence comes from, because I can’t think of one instance where we’ve sold an important player under ENIC and adequately replaced them.
You only have to look at the last year, could you imagine Dortmund losing players of the importance of Vertonghen and Eriksen and not replacing them? It’s just an utter shambles.

You'll have to forgive me if I'm not comprehensive in my answer as I'm having pretty much the same conversation across 3 different threads atm....

First of all I don't think we currently have the recruitment department in place to successfully do so (*I'm sure you'll stumble across my more detailed thoughts on this in the "which manager next thread" in time) and I'm not blind to it's pivotal importance within such a model.

(*The key problem as I alluded to in said post is we have wavered from our recruitment philosophy several times in order to appease or accommodate certain managers).

I'm not claiming that we have maintained a BVB-esque approach, but if you look at the 3 bumps in on-field improvement under ENIC (for ease of ref see Jol, Harry, Poch) they have all come from improving shrewd acquisitions of talent that have (or in some cases weren't, but could have been) sold for significant profit from Carrick to Kane and potentially GLC & Ndombele it's quite a list over the years.

I'm not gonna get in a pissing match about trf budgets and individual signings, but suffice to say the whole BVB thing becomes just as much about how you integrate and develop said talent as well as managers being able to let go of them when the time is right.

If Son rolls that into Kane instead of Alli and Doherty hits the ball 5cms lower, we probably all wouldn’t be in meltdown mode.
And Hart didn’t play - only a gooner wouldn’t know the team sheet or think that calling Pickford Hart is some kind of funny joke.
Check your original post. You said Clean sheet for Hart. So that was a joke and you really meant Pickford ? which we can look on as a positive ? You're fucking mental. Then you try and twist it that I don't know the team sheet. Go and sober up you pissed cunt and don't refer to people on here as gooners. It's a very cheap shot that does nothing to impress.
End of discussion now fuck off.

Check your original post. You said Clean sheet for Hart. So that was a joke and you really meant Pickford ? which we can look on as a positive ? You're fucking mental. Then you try and twist it that I don't know the team sheet. Go and sober up you pissed cunt and don't refer to people on here as gooners. It's a very cheap shot that does nothing to impress.
End of discussion now fuck off.

Not once did I mention Hart - getting your posters confused you silly cunt.
Now go crawl back to the corner of the pub and hide your red shirt whilst you are at it.
Imagine me telling my friends I’m getting slagged off by a cunt who uses a Harry Potter reference as he alias and types insults on his mothers cum covered keyboard.
Jog on.

This would have been a great point if we ignored the 120m profit we made and the fact that Everton pay more in wages...

It's just not a true statement anymore. Our revenue is greater than arsenals and their wage bill is like 50m greater than ours.

We can pay competitive wages. We CHOOSE not to. Big difference.

I'm not sure where you're coming from....

My comments aren't related to some form of defense of today's performance or to bat back some form of comparison to Everton.... I'm talking about longer term recruitment model that which we have (and at times have lacked) over the past 15 years or so.

Similarly re: your reference to 120m profit... Again, are our posts at cross-purposes in some way?

Cheers. The three big chances in the first half makes me believe. If it wasn't for an incredible Pickford, the result might have turned quite different. In the second half, I observed the same problem as I did when we played Olympiakos in the first half at home.

This squad mainly has mental issues, we panick when things aren't going our way. A bit of confidence with a winning streak is just what we need. We start that in Europa on Thursday.
I hope you're right. We can't lose to a team called Plovdiv!

Not once did I mention Hart - getting your posters confused you silly cunt.
Now go crawl back to the corner of the pub and hide your red shirt whilst you are at it.
Imagine me telling my friends I’m getting slagged off by a cunt who uses a Harry Potter reference as he alias and types insults on his mothers cum covered keyboard.
Jog on.
Funniest part of that post was you imagining telling your friends when you have to imagine having any too.
"Gooner'" and "jog on" how fucking original.
I did mix up posts I admit, you quoted my reply to someone else's. Still we all make mistakes, as your mum will definitely be able to confirm.

It was evident we missed Lo Celso today, and even more evident that we need another attacking mid. We had nothing between midfield and attack today.

We miss the x-factor in the team, and I've never said it before but we need to bring Bale back. It might not happen, but we are desperate for someone like him.

The real problem is that no-one is frightened of us now. They see a lethargic midfield, slow central defence and a forward attack that is just sporadic in its performance.

Where is the flare player who can do something individually to turn the game. I just haven't seen anything like that for a year or more. Sometimes you just need that spark and the rest will flow. But, it is like we are just trying to run through treacle, hoping we may get a tap in, or deflected shot. When that doesn't happen, we just look like we are there for the taking...

Too many average players unfortunately, which is what we will end up with - an average position in the league.

Something needs to change quickly and now.

The real problem is that no-one is frightened of us now. They see a lethargic midfield, slow central defence and a forward attack that is just sporadic in its performance.

Where is the flare player who can do something individually to turn the game. I just haven't seen anything like that for a year or more. Sometimes you just need that spark and the rest will flow. But, it is like we are just trying to run through treacle, hoping we may get a tap in, or deflected shot. When that doesn't happen, we just look like we are there for the taking...

Too many average players unfortunately, which is what we will end up with - an average position in the league.

Something needs to change quickly and now.
So true.

Teams used to fear us, they'd dread having Tottenham up next whether home or away. We'd strangle teams and could be 4-0 up at half time and be annoyed it was 6-0.

Now teams see us and think, we could do these, whether home or away. Something needs to change drastically.

Back
Top Bottom