Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've criticised him on a few occasions (certainly not to the extent of others though) but he changed the game when he came on. Forward passes that were accurate and quick, and of course the winning goal. He deserves every bit of praise he gets tonight, hopefully he starts the next match.

He should have started tonight. If Jose doesn't want to start him, it's not fitness related, it's because he doesn't trust him.
I'm not sure if it's fitness related or not, Ndombele does have a tendency of looking absolutely fucking knackered but I'm pretty sure that's just the way he runs.

Ndombele can do stuff with a football that Winks and Sissoko can't come close to doing. His passing range/ability is exceptional, he runs really well with the ball at his feet, draws fouls and creates opportunities for other players.

Where as Winks passes the ball backwards and gives away possession.

I just don't see how Mourinho can justify keeping him out the team over players like Winks.

I'm not sure if it's fitness related or not, Ndombele does have a tendency of looking absolutely fucking knackered but I'm pretty sure that's just the way her runs.

Ndombele can do stuff with a football that Winks and Sissoko can't come close to doing. His passing range/ability is exceptional, he runs really well with the ball at his feet, draws fouls and creates opportunities for other players.

Where as Winks passes the ball backwards and gives away possession.

I just don't see how Mourinho can justify keeping him out the team over players like Winks.

That's just his way of moving. Look at him when he came onto the pitch. He runs with his chest leaning forward which makes him look backside heavy.

He's got clear footballing ability but he will never look like a natural athlete in the way he moves. We have to get over how he looks and start getting value out of him as a footballer because his ability on the ball gives us exactly what the other midfielders lack.

That's just his way of moving. Look at him when he came onto the pitch. He runs with his chest leaning forward which makes him look backside heavy.

He's got clear footballing ability but he will never look like a natural athlete in the way he moves. We have to get over how he looks and start getting value out of him as a footballer because his ability on the ball gives us exactly what the other midfielders lack.
The issue is that after 20 minutes, he's knackered and won't press.

You can't carry a player in the PL. Everyone needs to be fit and be able to run for 90 mins if necessary.

Son - Kane - Bale
Lo Celso
Ndombele - Højbjerg
Reguilon - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Doherty
Lloris
Obviously dependent on the two deals going through tomorrow but that has to be our best starting XI.

Yes, it was a brief cameo against a bunch of no-hopers, but he looked lively and posed a threat. Needs game time to really see what he can do, before others throw him on the scrap heap

Mourinhos is so stuborn as stupid. Ndombele is exactly the kind of player he needs in this system, and so is Sanchez, but he refuses to play them cause he's a cunt, he doesn't like a certain kind of player, he likes himself.

Son - Kane - Bale
Lo Celso
Ndombele - Højbjerg
Reguilon - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Doherty
Lloris
Obviously dependent on the two deals going through tomorrow but that has to be our best starting XI.

No chance. Reggie and Doherty cannot defend, Hojbjerg is not a natural defensive mid, that team will just be ripped apart on a regular basis

I think with our personnel 3-5-2 is the only option

Jose just said this in the presser

"Tanguy is in a process of evolution. Last season he wasn't. He was stuck in a situation where I couldn't see evolution. Now he is in a moment where he is training very, very well. Today he gave us what we needed in the last 30 minutes. Now I believe in Tanguy. I never doubted his ability but last season I doubted his effort and motivation. Now I think that Tanguy can do well for us."

The issue is that after 20 minutes, he's knackered and won't press.

You can't carry a player in the PL. Everyone needs to be fit and be able to run for 90 mins if necessary.

He's never going to be able to run for 90 minutes if he never plays for 90 minutes. If the manager doesn't give him more minutes he isn't getting that match fitness from training.

"Tanguy is in a process of evolution. Last season he wasn't. He was stuck in a situation where I couldn't see evolution. Now he is in a moment where he is training very, very well. Today he gave us what we needed in the last 30 minutes. Now I believe in Tanguy. I never doubted his ability but last season I doubted his effort and motivation. Now I think that Tanguy can do well for us."

Then fucking start him, he said he was training well during lockdown and then barely played him after that.

Better believe, motherfucker, that tan guy just saved your job.

If you are trying to break down a team with 10 men behind the ball you simply cannot have Sissoko on the pitch.

I don't think Hojberg and Winks should be lumped into the same category as I think either of those alongside Ndombele or Lo Celso would work well.

They are not the most progressive passers but at least play with urgency, can trap a ball and make a 10 yard pass quickly to one of the creative players.

I think this is our best line up:

Hojberg/Winks ---- Ndombele
Lo Celso
But we have some flexibility to rotate:
Hojberg/Winks --- Lo Celso
Alli/Lamela/Bale
What we really should not be seeing again is 2 of Hojberg, Winks and Sissoko starting together.

As long as one of Ndombele or Lo Celso are available they should be played. We lose some of Gio's creativity when he's played deeper but it's worth it to have a ball progressor in there. As long as we have an attack minded player ahead of him (Alli, Bale, Lamela) linking with a front 3 I think we will have enough creativity.

I'm sure Jose can see Ndombele's quality and a manager will always want to play his best players so hopefully he can prove he is fit enough to be trusted to start games.

I really think we become a different team if we have Ndombele and Gio starting the majority of our games.

Back
Top Bottom