Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you play your two best progressive passing midfielders at the same time - you tend to play good football.

It is that simple.

In fact, now I remember - I don't even think Lo Celso played in that Bayern game.
If you put out a player who can't run after 20 minutes, you're gonna get run over and lose the midfield. Another simple fact.

Here's the stadium for Shkendija. Looks less like a former bomb testing range than Plovdiv
932b9e341c39836619054b0ed272bb8c.jpg
I believe that's actually a screenshot from the third act of Tenet...

good to see our plan to put out a strong team, so we could be 5 up at half time and put on 5 subs paid dividends then..........

mind you, the idea that they were going to cave in and be utter garbage was nonsensical

Hoj just looks like a slightly better version of Winks. Senseless decision to loan out Skipp.
Hojbjerg is better all around than Winks, especially defensively, but he's not a CB turned DM Ndidi type either. He has the skillset to screen a back 4, but it didn't help he was basically by himself in the midfield for the first 60 minutes until Ndombele came on.

He's coming from a completely different system and working with all new players. We need to give him (and Doherty) a run of matches. He's been mostly fine, sometimes bad. His biggest problem is that he keeps acting like he in Hasenhuttl's system and pressing too high when he needs to be more concerned with covering space.

He looked really good in the last few games of last season.
Yes, he did. But I want to see him showing energy and that can't happen if he starts every game because there's no backup. Might be ok when you're 23/24 but he's not. He needs time off to recuperate. With our schedule, he's going to be dead in 3 months if they don't get him some backup.

Back
Top Bottom