Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know he's not the player from 7 years ago and a bit slow but FUCK ME what a positive lift for the dressing room and fans after what has been dog-shit 12 months!

Well done to all those who made it happen

So you are expecting him to be banging in goals from outside of the box?

Where am I bemoaning? Posting a factual piece of information is just that. I think it's wise to consider where Bale is right now, the answer to that question is we don't really know. We do know that he hasn't scored from outside of the box for 2 years (from his last 45 attempts, Townsend Row Z was more prolific). So reminiscing on what he did for us SEVEN years ago, or even as a sub for RM TWO years ago is disregarding where he might actually be right now.

Given this recent record, I'm not expecting him to be banging in goals from outside of the box like he used to do for us 7yrs ago (or 2yrs ago for RM). I'm not expecting the same Bale that left us that's for sure.

Given how Jose has us playing, then it is likely that he will be playing on the counter. That's fantastic as this WAS undoubtedly his biggest strength (he had a fair few). But, has he still got the pace to play this way?
Even if he's not banging in goals from outside the box as he used to he'll still give the whole squad a big lift and a shot in the arm. Worth its weight in gold. There was more to his game than that anyway.

Herc & Trix @ £9.99 monthly

iu
iu

Vs

pleb pleb & Fattynomates Fattynomates

iu

TFC ITK 1st Round TKO

Back
Top Bottom