Have we signed Wout Weghorst yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is he any more shit than multitude of strikers we're allegedly trying to sign?

He's certainly better than the King's, Wilson's, Diallo's and Deeny's of the world.

I am not sure that he is a legit option to push Kane, although could fill in if Kane went down. I think he is in that middle ground with Milik and Sorloth (although much better than Sorloth) where he isn't cheap but isn't a guy that will push Kane for starting minutes or be an option to ever grow into that or replace Kane if he left.

I think he would be a good option, but if his price means we have less to spend on a CB and/or CM then I think we should go the cheaper route to fill in at EL and have Son as our back-up option in the PL if Kane is out. With Bale here now I think we could survive with a Bergwijn-Son-Bale front 3 if Kane is out multiple games.

I am not sure that he is a legit option to push Kane, although could fill in if Kane went down.

His aerial dominance gives us something Kane doesn't (which is hard, Kane is so complete), and it's a something that is well suited to the kinds of games he would mostly be starting in.

It makes sense in the same way Llorente made sense. Didn't really come off for Llorente but the idea was sound IMO.

Lads the standard of this striker does not need to be 10/10. He needs to be a good option on the bench, start our plethora of European games against the minnows and non-league sides in the early stages of the cups. If he can be a solid backup and chip in with a handful of goals in a season, he will have done his job.

What crazy world are we living in where we have identified weaknesses in our squad and we will be filling those with pretty decent players. This transfer window will have far exceeded my expectations.

Lads the standard of this striker does not need to be 10/10. He needs to be a good option on the bench, start our plethora of European games against the minnows and non-league sides in the early stages of the cups. If he can be a solid backup and chip in with a handful of goals in a season, he will have done his job.

What crazy world are we living in where we have identified weaknesses in our squad and we will be filling those with pretty decent players. This transfer window will have far exceeded my expectations.

Agree with the large part of that. Especially the first sentence.

Our backup striker, in this situation needs to be an awkward bastard to play against and at least have the tecnical ability to keep up witht he wingers and link with the midfield. He knows hes here to shine harrys Nike's

His aerial dominance gives us something Kane doesn't (which is hard, Kane is so complete), and it's a something that is well suited to the kinds of games he would mostly be starting in.

It makes sense in the same way Llorente made sense. Didn't really come off for Llorente but the idea was sound IMO.

i don't mind adding him, I just think it will cost close to or even more than 30m. Since that likely takes away from what we can spend on a CB, which we need, and a CM, which we potentially need if Ndombele and GLC can't both play 90 minutes week after week. then I would rather go for a sub 10m striker to play in EL and spend the extra money on a CB and/or CM.

When only Bundesliga was playing and I was quarantined with my daughter she wanted to watch “Wolfsburg” because she like the name. So we got into it a bit and I LOVE this guy.

He just throws elbows, attacks every header and chases down defenders. He does that thing when a defender gets angle on him he then plays the ball up the wing he keeps going right through the defender and hammers him often taking a foul (because it is a foul) but he's cool with that because he's a monster and he just got a free shot on your defender.

This would be an awesome signing.
Are you sure you weren't watching Andy Carroll?

i don't mind adding him, I just think it will cost close to or even more than 30m. Since that likely takes away from what we can spend on a CB, which we need, and a CM, which we potentially need if Ndombele and GLC can't both play 90 minutes week after week. then I would rather go for a sub 10m striker to play in EL and spend the extra money on a CB and/or CM.

If we want to win a trophy, we need to get this right more than any other issues at any other position, IMO.

They are indeed and just won their second qualification round game 4-0 this week.

I can't profess to know the answer, but if he's cup-tied because we waited until now to make a move then that's a massive fuck up by us.

I didn't know that, but phew.

Back
Top Bottom