Have we signed Wout Weghorst yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i don't mind adding him, I just think it will cost close to or even more than 30m. Since that likely takes away from what we can spend on a CB, which we need, and a CM, which we potentially need if Ndombele and GLC can't both play 90 minutes week after week. then I would rather go for a sub 10m striker to play in EL and spend the extra money on a CB and/or CM.

Sub 10 mill striker? Any names?

If we want to win a trophy, we need to get this right more than any other issues at any other position, IMO.

I am not sure we will win a trophy with Dier as a key CB for us or relying on GLC and Ndombele to stay healthy all year long.

I think we can get through the group stages of Europa League and to the QF of the FA/League Cup with a ok striker and then put Kane and/Son there after that.

For me Weghorst is not likely to ever see PL minutes unless it is just to get him game time.

If the option is to get Weghorst and Kim or Skrinair and Dost, (these types of player not necessarily them specifically) I think we are better off with the big improvement in CB and lesser striker than adding a meh CB that does nothing for us and decent striker.

Now ideally we do something like Weghorst, Skriniar, plus a creative CM/AM but that is likely asking too much.

I am not sure we will win a trophy with Dier as a key CB for us or relying on GLC and Ndombele to stay healthy all year long.

I think we can get through the group stages of Europa League and to the QF of the FA/League Cup with a ok striker and then put Kane and/Son there after that.

For me Weghorst is not likely to ever see PL minutes unless it is just to get him game time.

If the option is to get Weghorst and Kim or Skrinair and Dost, (these types of player not necessarily them specifically) I think we are better off with the big improvement in CB and lesser striker than adding a meh CB that does nothing for us and decent striker.

Now ideally we do something like Weghorst, Skriniar, plus a creative CM/AM but that is likely asking too much.

He absolutely will get Prem minutes if we sign him, even if they’re mostly off the bench. You think we wouldn’t put him on in games we are trailing?

He absolutely will get Prem minutes if we sign him, even if they’re mostly off the bench. You think we wouldn’t put him on in games we are trailing?

Sorry, starting minutes. He isn't a threat to push Kane to the bench now or in the future, like guys like Daka, Edouard, Belotti could be.

he would be a pure back-up was what I meant, where I think some of the other guys we have been linked to and, I have in a higher tier of wanting, would offer more than that.

Watch a fair wack of Bundesliga he's a monster in the air with a good workrate and movement. He will do well in the EL and will be a different kind of threat in the PL that will be a good option to have

Sub 10 mill striker? Any names?

Bas Dost was rumoured to be available for around 5-6 million Euros I believe.

He is not great, but can do the job for the group stage and Cups games against non-PL teams.

I am sure Bournemouth would demand more but King isn't worth anymore than 10 million and likewise could do a job against the same level of competition.

Bas Dost was rumoured to be available for around 5-6 million Euros I believe.

He is not great, but can do the job for the group stage and Cups games against non-PL teams.

I am sure Bournemouth would demand more but King isn't worth anymore than 10 million and likewise could do a job against the same level of competition.
Dost doesn't want to join us and King is not really a striker and doesn't score enough

I wouldn't be surprised if the WW deal involves a 10 year transfer fee repayment plan:levywhoa:

This guy is a tree but he plays like a nippy little forward that pouches 15 goals a year because he knows where to be in the box.

Never seen a player where his stature and play style seemed so polar opposite.

Back
Top Bottom